test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Mod 14] What we need...

brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
1. The possibility to unbound an item to a character and bind it to an other one on the same account (via a service for exemple).
2. The possibility to hide weapon's / armor's enchant visual --> DONE
3. A bank account for companions tokens
4. The possibility to upgrade enchants, not by one, but by stack (basically from rank 1 to 2). The idea come from the events where we find mass of rank 1 or 2. The objevtive is to upgrade them and not drop them.
5. Put Thrones mount to faschion bags and not take more places.
6. ....
Brewald - GWF 18.3k
Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k

Comments

• Options
    midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    6. Buy Pvp campaign
    7. New stronghold levels (now guilds are near to died.... We need more to do)
    8. Mithic mounts
    9. New VIP LEVELS
    Post edited by midental#5256 on
  • Options
    fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I have legendary mounts on my CW I don't play anymore and would love to switch em to my OP. I'd even be okay with it costing as much zen as a race reroll token or 1000 zen at least so people aren't able to just continuously swap mounts to other characters unless they have mass zen.
    Post edited by fightdawalrus#5058 on
  • Options
    murphyvamurphyva Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    PvP campaign

Instead of giving us the option to buy the pvp campaign why not revitalize the pvp part ?
    Completing the pvp campaign has no impact on the pve experience besides item level.
    If you want to stay competitive in endgame content there is no reason that you would need to have unlocked the pvp boons.
    I don't think buying the pvp campaign would do anything useful.

What would help with the pvp progression is to change the current campaigns or content.
    There are not a lot of players in pvp (I'm on ps4) and a majority of those players are playing domination.
    completing domination was fun for me but the other 2 campaigns would take an eternity to complete since there is no interest or reason to stand in icewind pass or dwarven valley for an entire day just to participate in a pvp event where there are no other players around. at this moment the only way to complete icewind dale pvp campaign within a reasonable time would be to have multiple friends or guild members feeding you kills for an entire day.

There is just not a lot to strive for. there are not a lot of maps and you'll get spawntrapped the majority of the game by teams who perma stuns you once you leave your spawn. the gear is (imo) outdated and easily outclassed by Bis gear we have now.
    Tweaking the challenges (amount of kills or wins) would get more people to play pvp for a while. I think that getting 100 gauntilgrim (or something) wins looks way too exhausting to many players since even getting a queue for this take more than 30 min on average.

Character bound items

Still hate this and I totally agree that there needs to be some sort of an unbound option or no "bound to character" in general.
    I would love to play around with different artifacts and gear on my other characters. example, I got a mythic soul sight crystal on my SW and I'm curious too see how it would perform on my DO DPS. However the artifact has no real use for my dc once I'm running dungeons. So just to test it out I would need to upgrade the same artifact again, use it once or twice and then never use it again.

Account currencies

Yes please. However not just companion tokens, we are allready using our shared bank or the AD exchange to combine resources from multiple characters. why not skip the long way and give us an account wide currency pools for example AD or RP ?

ps. this is my opinion, and I'm open to feedback. just don't copy paste the entire post :smile:
    also, I applaud you if you made it trough my rambling and I apologize for the typos

• Options
    kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    an account share horse stable might be a good solution.
    a better balancement when a level 70 character go on minor dungeon to create a better challenge.(this erase quite few bot) This point is necessary even to repair all level 60 events where the enemies are obliterated in too easy way.
    An improve for all stronghold items, are too weak and unuseful if confronted with relic equipments.(primal are on another existence plane)
  • Options
    sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    as much as I hate buying campaign tokens, I would buy a pvp token just to complete it
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Stop realeasing gear that is x5 times the end game content.
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    dolrey said:

All we need is love..

to PvP and class balance ;)

Ok, here's a small list of changes I'd like to see regarding classes:
    1) REMOVE PIERCING DAMAGE FROM THE GAME. It does nothing for us except HAMSTER everything up.
    2) Going in the same direction as #1, REMOVE 25% MITIGATION. Same reason as above. 2 problems don't solve each other.
    3) Remove control resistance. CWs will be more than happy to get 48% more damage from chilling presence, and that would DEFINITELY make them competitive again. It's not even funny, such a simple fix for an entire class and they just ignore it.

That's the 3 things they need to do for the game to take the step in the right direction. It's funny, really.
  • Options
    stachu0jons#2959 stachu0jons Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    dolrey said:

in short (my opinion) :
    1. TR - buff PvE, nerf PvP
    2. GF - nerf DPS_GF (PvE) and PvP, buff Tac GF
    3. OP - nerf PvP
    4. CW - buff PvE and PvP
    5. GWF - buff PvP
    6. SW - buff PvE and PvP
    7. HR, DC - ok

B)
  • Options

dolrey said:

in short (my opinion) :
    1. TR - buff PvE, nerf PvP
    2. GF - nerf DPS_GF (PvE) and PvP, buff Tac GF
    3. OP - nerf PvP
    4. CW - buff PvE and PvP
    5. GWF - buff PvP
    6. SW - buff PvE and PvP
    7. HR, DC - ok

I mostly agree - mostly is the keyword tho. CWs are fine in PvP imho, a slight buff maybe, but nothing spectacular. Unlike PvE, where they better get their full Chilling Presence buff. Also, change that damn MoF capstone feat, 30% crit and RI or some minor healing is SO DAMN USELESS, JESUS.
    GFs only need a nerf in PvP, as stunlocking is nasty AF. I don't mind DPS GFs because a good TR, HR or GWF can still wreck a DPS GF. Conqueror GFs are supposed to be DPS, and they only have high burst.
    SWs need a fix to DPS and then buff. Templocks are nice, but I'd like to see an increase in PoP size.

Also, the way to buff TRs and CWs without even touching the class - remove the 25% damage mitigation and the massive amounts of control resist on trash. And gratz, you've fixed 2 classes.
  • Options
    fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @stachu0jons#2959 said:
    > to PvP and class balance ;)
    >
    > in short (my opinion) :
    > 1. TR - buff PvE, nerf PvP
    > 2. GF - nerf DPS_GF (PvE) and PvP, buff Tac GF
    > 3. OP - nerf PvP
    > 4. CW - buff PvE and PvP
    > 5. GWF - buff PvP
    > 6. SW - buff PvE and PvP
    > 7. HR, DC - ok

Thank god the devs don't usually listen to us players cause you would have set us back with a list like this.

People like you thinking the GF is the problem and needs a nerf instead of the overall massive buff/debuffs is how classes turn to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the first place.
  • Options
    midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    We need more control about Guild and guild mates..... we need to organize donations etc etc.... we need to control and not only 3 days in the past.....
  • Options
    najalinarnajalinar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I agree with the need to be able to un-bind items from character and be able to switch those item as needed between all account characters - The bind can make some situations very difficult. Let's just have bound to account only!

As for PvP, I don't do it but I do disagree with there being a 'PvP campaign buyout'. I mean wouldn't that defeat the "there can be only one" mentality that comes with that type of fighting/hunting?

Lastly, I also really like the idea of having a shared mount type of thing as well. Good input everyone!

Najara level 70 HR(Trapper)
    Clexa Mara level 70 SW
    Clark Griffin level 70 DC
    Teagan level 70 Trickster
    --Refugee from Asheron's Call--
  • Options
    kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    They should just focus on balancing classes as their number one priority
  • Options
    spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    1. new dungeons
    2. old dungeons in new form
    3. more dungeons
    4. more dungeons
    5. more dungeons
    6. more dungeons

• Options
    kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Balancing classes with the use of bonding stone is a very hard job.
    They create a large divarius between who use them and all newbie.
    All intimate link between PVE and PVP power are really troublesome.
    A decisive cut between PVE and PVP can solve part of issue but duplicate all dev team job.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I find myself skipping about 95% of the actual content/dungeons, running exclusively codg, since it´s the one and only way to earn AD and UE´s and progress effectively.
    The dungeon itself, bugged or not is allways a challenge for every random group, but by far not the worst dungeon in NWO history.
    I´d like to have more incentive to run FBI/mSP, Tong and maybe even old t2 dungeons. This can only be achieved by reworking the lootsystem.
    Anyway, one dungeon a hole mod is not sufficient, if 95% of the old dungoens are from no interest, since there is only one that allows your toon to progress.

Balancing classes is another point, but in my opinion the focus should be: "Less megabuffs to step back from the 4:1-supporter-nonsense, wich is again standart in mod 13"
    Devs allready started to draw back that buff-mania, fixing ITF, nerfing bondings and some others like HG, BtS etc....
    Please step forward and go on that route. I am pretty sure the majority of players would appreciate a more balanced groupsetup, allowing a 2:3 (dps) setup. I know so many player ingame who are simply bored, not being able to run content with their class (striker), some of them don´t run a supporter, so they are condemned to wait or run old dungeons all day or simply leave this game (pretty common these days)
    The calculation is simple, if one class buffs a dps by factor >2 the gamebalance is HAMSTER (honestly a factor 1.5 is far enough imo).
    No class should spend buffs like that in no game, the consequences will allways be monoculture of classes.
    On the other hand you are free to build a DO-DC or OP in no time and run endcontent with a lowbudget toon, braindead solution... but not a good one imo, parking your 100mio AD striker on a shelf

Ferrari-> garage
    Beetle with superpowers -> endcontent

Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    The issue is, if you nerf the buffs we currently have, you'd have to redo the entirety of the content available. The current content is adjusted to having a butt load of buffs. So if you nerf buffs, you gotta nerf enemy health otherwise the content would take way, WAY too long considering we're supposed to grind it.
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    More prioritization on all things across the game

To often, mod after mod, things no one asked for is implemented into the game. Time after time, years waiting for a fun thing to do. For it to fail and be bugged or not working correctly for months despite clear evidence and clear repro steps to show how to fix the issue.

I like Mod 13, the new possibilities and diverse roster of things to rock. Thing is most of it isn't checked into how it will play out in various ways into the game like PvP. Or heck even PvE.

If you are going to nerf a class for example, why would you add in an option to give the class +231 weapon damage if you just nerfed it? Does that make sense to anyone? It contradicts the change you just made.

Ring of the Shadowstalker still doesn't even work and ported to the Xbox version. So the ring that I NEED I CAN'T get because of an issue you guys didn't notice on PC. It doesn't change weekly. It stays the same throughout. Same ring, every week. +1 city.

Literally, PvP people have been waiting for YEARS for a new map! New competitive mode as well! There is 0 incentive to PvP, no RP, no rewards, nothing! It sucks because many of us on Xbox love PvPing and theres no point because we don't win anything.

Class Balancing

Not going to type a dictionary, we all know this already. You guys were supposed to do big changes to class each mod and eventually meet very good balance, now you took 2 steps backward and take it slow and steady. Keep in mind BEYOND slow. We already wait months to see any changes now its even longer. It's ridiculous. We want to see some big, ground sweeping changes to the classes. This slow and steady approach is horrible. Either focus on each class per mod, or do some dedication to the class because nothing is changing. Same day in day out. I want to have an SW on my premade and let it be NORMAL. I don't want to jump on 2 and my team be perma dazed by a TR and killed within 20 seconds on the node because of piercing damage. None of that is "normal".

PvP

PvP has not received any new maps for years, or a competitive queue, or any incentive like I said above. We don't see any changes to the maps, or any new modes for queue or skill rating, or any rewards. This is what we want. The people who spent the most money were PvP players since they didn't feel like grinding so you guys are losing money as a company. I would love to see competitive queue for 5 mans to compete against each other. I would love to see more than Hotenow and Rivenscar. We all want more maps and more dedication to PvP balance.

More dedication to the community

I know Julia is our CM, but the only things that are touched upon are things that don't really matter to most of us or not big problems solved. It's all sugar coated. Beat around the bush. We want to talk about the game and help you out! You think any of the OG's want this game to be dead? We want this game to thrive and be active, have fun like we did in mod 4 and 5.

I want to be real with CM's and not let the littlest things get censored. There is huge issues in this game, 99% of which I didn't even touch upon because our voices aren't heard. Not really a point when none of what we say gets implemented.

Streamers

I know months ago Julia touched upon streamers and creating a "healthy" community, and thats great. But let us help you guys out. Creating a platform on here to showcase the streamers who stream this game will not only allow them to grow, but it can also showcase your game let it grow as well. It's a win win situation and we'd feel like you guys would care about us.

Also, letting streamers have direct communication would also be very good for clarity on issues and what to fix and how. It can be a very nice thing. Let the most dedicated players have a way to communicate and send feedback.

Bugs

We all love these. With each new mod, as per usual more bugs, and it's up to the players to do the QA and dev's job. This is okay (to some extent), but let us help you. Create a platform or do another month long thing where we can get these bugs killed off once and for all, and so future iterations and updates can be secured before more problems occur so your time can be spent on more important aspects of the game.

Conclusion

Theres a lot I could of mentioned. It would be a LOOOONG post. I barely touched on much but those are my thoughts into a better step towards a better game. More rewards for PvP, better class balancing and better community outreach, bugs attended to as well.

Listen, I realize stuff happens. But we feel like nothing of what we say is being heard, or is over-shined by the wrong crowd. Thank you.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    Honestly, the only major class balance changes I'd like to see is CWs, TRs and SWs getting buffed so you don't have to be Freedom or Blur to be good with CW/TR, or have to use bugs like Brood of Hadar or whatever to be competitive with SWs.

I think the only big issue with class balance originates in the massive buffs we get, but if you remove those, you'll get a HAMSTER load of content that only the BIS players located super close to the servers will be able to do, so EU, South America and Africa can get HAMSTER. What they need to do is make every class strong enough to not have to rely on buffs. Buff should add to the damage of players, not make up their entire damage. But this would involve some ridiculously massive buffs to literally every DPS class, including GFs, GWFs and HRs (along with the obvious 3 mentioned above).

I think (or rather, hope) that they're keeping these balance changes until they make the big one - the increase to level 80. It's bound to happen, because they've been on the lvl70 thing for so long that they're giving us gear that flat out increases our damage, and if they continue the same way they have, we'll get soulsight crystal rings or whatever. They've got nowhere to go now other than the flat damage increasing gear, so they have to give us a reason to move to a different set. And if they actually have any sense in them - they'll give every class something new, but for the weaker classes such as CW - they'll give some really good stuff, and for stronger classes such as OP and DC, they'll give stuff that isn't really better than what they currently got. That way you buff the classes that need it, change nothing about classes that don't need it, and that's it.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2018

The issue is, if you nerf the buffs we currently have, you'd have to redo the entirety of the content available. The current content is adjusted to having a butt load of buffs. So if you nerf buffs, you gotta nerf enemy health otherwise the content would take way, WAY too long considering we're supposed to grind it.

Honestly this is a valid argument, but on the other hand doing nothing and accepting a more and more boring 1-2 dps setup suported by 8-9 teammember?
    Last codg was a 1-GWF-9-supporter run, insane buffs, stupid high dps by one class/player, next one was a speedparty with GF+GWF melting Artopal in seconds, IBS 40mio, GW 50mio. Is this ment to be the way this game is gonna look like ?
    Too much player witnessed those crazy numbers by TR, GF, GWF, Hunter (honestly TR is the most common class in my codg runs), even though every class can do the job as long as buffs exist like they do atm. By that the acceptence of classes like SW or CW for the dps-role tends to zero since those classes are condemned to buff all time.

Tbh I did like those dps-battle some player fought with each other, made me smile many times and got an entertaining note.
    Not that I care that much about the epeen factor, but I liked that aspect somehow.
    Same way I don´t like to watch underperforming player being pulled through content, them "leaning-back" in their buffer-role.
    Atm, it´s a braindead situation as long as you get your buffs up and got one or two striker, who got basic knowledge about their class.
    theguiido said:

Ring of the Shadowstalker still doesn't even work and ported to the Xbox version. So the ring that I NEED I CAN'T get because of an issue you guys didn't notice on PC. It doesn't change weekly. It stays the same throughout. Same ring, every week. +1 city.

At least my ring of Shadowstalker +5 looks orange and has two offence slots and also spends exactly a 2.5% buff.
    PC was fixed in between and a lot of player did recognize that the ring is not to achieve also, 100´s of posts about.

1113 x 1.025=1140 (exactly what I get , aproaching the target)
    Maybe I misunderstood your post?
    Working 100% and dropping 100%.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

Honestly this is a valid argument, but on the other hand doing nothing and accepting a more and more boring 1-2 dps setup suported by 8-9 teammember?
    Last codg was a 1-GWF-9-supporter run, insane buffs, stupid high dps by one class/player, next one was a speedparty with GF+GWF melting Artopal in seconds, IBS 40mio, GW 50mio. Is this ment to be the way this game is gonna look like ?
    Too much player witnessed those crazy numbers by TR, GF, GWF, Hunter (honestly TR is the most common class in my codg runs), even though every class can do the job as long as buffs exist like they do atm. By that the acceptence of classes like SW or CW for the dps-role tends to zero since those classes are condemned to buff all time.
    theguiido said:

At least my ring of Shadowstalker +5 looks orange and has two offence slots and also spends exactly a 2.5% buff.
    PC was fixed in between and a lot of player did recognize that the ring is not to achieve also, 100´s of posts about.

1113 x 1.025=1140 (exactly what I get , aproaching the target)
    Maybe I misunderstood your post?
    Working 100% and dropping 100%.
    Heard from people that the ring was dropping incorrectly on PC, and now that it supposedly moved to Xbox. I didn't know if it was fixed on PC. I will see in the coming weeks if it's not working fully on Xbox since we just got the update pretty recently.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    What we need in mod 14..

We need so much, and there is so less time..

What devs should do is to bring back action based mmo gameplay, as it where in early neverinter days..

Our boss fights is amusement park when you compare to RaiderZ boss fight. Here is video of easy version boss fight in raiderZ.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejAB3bmWTXQ

And this is our TonG boss fight
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpoz0JocXBA

And compare which is more action mmo. Which boss is more moving and which one not..

our Neverwinter gameplay is same as old classic rpg games > mark >hit powers,(sleep 90% of fight time)> claim reward.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    mallofinmallofin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    why restrict the daily AD limit across accounts? It will reduce player activity in doing instances if items have to sit for a long time to be salvaged. Why not place your emphasis on reducing the number of Hunts an account can do weekly? Many players are asking for GMOPs/SMOPs from other players for loot or hunt lures. Guess what, AD is required for purchasing and bartering GMOPs/SMOPs! Is it your intent to slow down game progression even more by placing additional restrictions in the game? Spend ungodly number of hours to upgrade artifacts or get gear to meet game progression when a new Module is introduced?

You could spend some time fixing bugs that would bring a renewed sense of fluidity to the game instead of wasting players time like the non existent scale drops in Tyrant events and the ridiculous Push/Pull strategy. I have been informed that the NW population that accesses this game through STEAM has seen a steady decline month after month. This past month was a big drop in numbers. Continued restrictions will cause more players to abandon this game for others.

it appears you want to snatch defeat from the mouth of victory by your noninterest in player concerns. Think it over or die a slow death as a game team.