test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please get rid of random queu or stop the abuse of disconnected player

odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
The last few days I keep running into players who disconnected as soon as we enter the dungeon and then we would run to the end and kill everything but cannot enter the boss fight. I wasted another 15 minutes and there is nothing to be done and I have to ABANDON queue. Why do you allow this? Get rid of this damn dungeon or do something about this abuse. This is insane.

Comments

• barbarzynca#8542 barbarzynca Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have same problem. Dungeon queue should be better
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Since no one makes AD by disconnecting, I'm going to guess they did it because they don't like super speed runs. Being low gear/level toons that, in the past, got left behind, yelled at, and kicked, they rather just stick it to you and avoid the penalty at the same time.

Try not going so fast at the start. If they still disconnect or don't keep up after a minute, then leave and cut your losses.
  • odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    I have seen people who stayed at the fire till the end and I am OK with it. But this past week or so, I ran into many people who disconnect immediately as soon as we get in. At first I thought it was slow loading but it should not take 15 to 30 minutes. The frustration of wasting time is the worst part. And the queue kick system makes it impossible to kick somehow. I cannot kick and the other guy cannot kick. I am starting do report them though.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited April 2018

kreatyve said:

I've noticed that people sometimes disconnect if they get a queue they do not want to do, such as Throne or Prophesy in the Skirmish queue, and FBI or Spellplague in the Epic Dungeon queue. They disconnect and change characters rather than taking a penalty. :(

No incentive to play the longer or more irritating queues when other faster and less irritating queues pay the same.
    But doing that and switching characters should give you an account wide 45 minute queue block to stop you messing up other people and/or remove you from the other queue.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    From what I've seen, Karrundax and Spellplague are the big disconnect zones in the regular random Queues.
    I don't know why they abandon Karrundax since that one can be pretty quick, but Spellplague I get since that last boss is so terribly glitchy - took us four rinse and repeats last time I was in there - nearly doubled the length of the run.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    here is my recommendation:
    can you make it so that the party gateways that lead to bosses only work with those who are online. only hunt and Dread skirm don't require boss gateways but all the others do, and doing randoms is a timely thing. I'd prefer a kick possible after 2 minutes or 5 at the most but 15 minutes is just too long, most people who face this issue at a boss gate would just abandon. I have many times to allow for others too leave, since i have 5 toons and can play on the other in that penalty period. One way to prevent the leechers and free loaders, is to detect when the player chooses to logout or switch characters either from command console or the ESC menu, then remove those DCd players from the team right away. Those people who DC on accident or server issues won't have used those methods and should remain in the party for 2 min or 5 min (whichever is chosen for the 'grace period') and then automatically remove them. TY
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

kreatyve said:

I've noticed that people sometimes disconnect if they get a queue they do not want to do, such as Throne or Prophesy in the Skirmish queue, and FBI or Spellplague in the Epic Dungeon queue. They disconnect and change characters rather than taking a penalty. :(

No incentive to play the longer or more irritating queues when other faster and less irritating queues pay the same.
    But doing that and switching characters should give you an account wide 45 minute queue block to stop you messing up other people and/or remove you from the other queue.
    Bad game design choices in random queues should never punish players. As long as the option to swap character can be used then people will use it.

Swapping characters should automatically give you the leaver penalty and remove you from the instance completely. Account wide block would be major overkill.

As an aside, I have stated before that even now people want you to kick them so they avoid leaver penalty and this would increase significantly if an account wide block was implemented. Wasting even more time waiting to kick would make random queues even worse than they are now.
    But the people wanting you to kick them often just DC and play another character, the account wide block or kicking you from the instance with leaver penalty would get round that.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2018

From what I've seen, Karrundax and Spellplague are the big disconnect zones in the regular random Queues.
    I don't know why they abandon Karrundax since that one can be pretty quick, but Spellplague I get since that last boss is so terribly glitchy - took us four rinse and repeats last time I was in there - nearly doubled the length of the run.

Karrundax is the longest one to do as random queue, no wonder why people leave it, and it's also the toughest of them all. If you're grouped with a low level player, you'll have to wait for him and his 80% (max) mount. If you're on a low alt grouped with same low players, mobs are way longer to kill than other sub-70 dungeons.
    For SP, I don't know if it's intended as a mechanic or a glitch, but the trick is very easy to understand.

Each time after the boss goes down, a group of mobs will pop, with some pink-link between them and the boss. Once the boss really disappeared the links are gone and you can kill the mobs freely. If you kill them before, it'll bug the boss.

The problem is that as a lvl 70 with decent gear, you can easily one-shot the mobs way before the boss goes down, and bug it as a result. I have no problem of this kind when i'm by far the top damage dealer with newbies, as they can't kill the mobs fast enough. I just wait for the boss to go down entierely then kill the mobs, and repeat...

I wish more people knew this, everytime i'm not the top damage dealer on SP in such random queues, we have to reset one or more times because guys don't know that.
    I assume Cryptics knows the difference between server crash/not responding VS changing character or going to the switch character screen. There is even a keybind command for it. So why not lock the account and/or automatically kick the character from queue as soon as the go to character select command is used? I personally think people who have no problem ruining other people's gaming experience should get the account locked for 45 minutes. But I will live with just have him kick from queue and I no longer have to be around people like that. Even in the digital world. This would solve a big problem of the random queue.
    agilesto said:

For SP, I don't know if it's intended as a mechanic or a glitch, but the trick is very easy to understand. Each time after the boss goes down, a group of mobs will pop, with some pink-link between them and the boss. Once the boss really disappeared the links are gone and you can kill the mobs freely. If you kill them before, it'll bug the boss.

Thank you for explaining that, I doubt I would have ever figured that out!
    > @spunkmeier said:
    > I assume Cryptics knows the difference between server crash/not responding VS changing character or going to the switch character screen. There is even a keybind command for it. So why not lock the account and/or automatically kick the character from queue as soon as the go to character select command is used? I personally think people who have no problem ruining other people's gaming experience should get the account locked for 45 minutes. But I will live with just have him kick from queue and I no longer have to be around people like that. Even in the digital world. This would solve a big problem of the random queue.
    >
    > I can state the argument used by the apologists here...
    >
    > They say that some people need to swap characters to get enchants from other characters. This is the only real reason that I have seen posted as to why swapping should remain.
    >
    > The counter I, and others, have posted is that they should have changed enchants before they started.
    >
    > On the ruining others gaming point, as far as I can see it was never clearly stated that you were not allowed to swap characters (it is not mentioned in game as far as I can see), nor was the option to swap removed, this means that even though we dont like it swapping characters is still permitted by the game mechanics so people will use it (and some of these people wont know what swapping does).
    >
    > I must add though that this is a pretty minor ruining of the game compared to random queues in general and the around ten percent of players that are bots, leechers, cheaters, exploiters, etc, that spoil the game a lot more for me.

Technically this is correct but common sense said this is just an excuse. You don't need special enchantments when running these leveling dungeons. Enchantment starts only to come into play after level 60. Anyway, we can keep making excuses to leave loopholes for small usage that trolls can use to abuse the enjoyment of everyone else. If that is what this game is becoming then fine.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    agilesto said:

Karrundax is the longest one to do as random queue, no wonder why people leave it, and it's also the toughest of them all. If you're grouped with a low level player, you'll have to wait for him and his 80% (max) mount. If you're on a low alt grouped with same low players, mobs are way longer to kill than other sub-70 dungeons.

So don't wait for them. Don't rush ahead avoiding. Stay with them to make sure they make it through.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    greywynd said:

agilesto said:

So don't wait for them. Don't rush ahead avoiding. Stay with them to make sure they make it through.
    Oh but I do, I'm very patient with low level players, and even if I can one-shot everything I'll let them hit the mobs, and reduce the speed of my usual 140%. I wasn't talking about me but on the general way, as Karrundax is the only dungeon where you can use mounts, it's also the longest one when you have such a difference of speed between players, say 50% vs 140%

edited April 2018
    Maybe it comes down to experience, but even my slowest character - a pally with a 50 speed horse doesn't lag too far behind even when the other two run past everything. The first few check points help since everyone has to stop and fight. Obviously I can't keep up on that last leg to the dragon's den, but they're usually still mopping up by the time I arrive. I don't think my slower characters have ever kept anyone waiting more than 15-20 seconds.

I agree with @greywynd . Dungeons finish fastest when everyone pitches in. Dumping more than their fair share on a lower/slower character isn't doing anyone any favors.
    when faced with a long dungeon, i check to see if the others are strong enough to run through it, or if i need to lead them through. If they are strong enough, i say " all 70 just run" or something and we can usually breeze through. But the issue is the players that character change on purpose. 30 min penalty isn't bad, and you can go do some questing and come back in 30 min and do the dungeon over again. There is no need, imo, to change characters to get the rewards for no effort. So cryptic should, put in checks on DCd to see if they changed characters or are still loading the dugeon, or game crash, etc. And for the leecher who just sit at the campfire and do nothing, well thats easy to check as well: has he hit anything in the last minute, has he crossed a checkpoint in the dungeon, etc. Harassment is harder if not impossible for the game to check. So the kick time needs to be AT THE VERY MOST 5 min and should, imo, be 2 min in. If there is a DCd player then get the boss gate to activate 20 seconds after all online and 'active' players are there. If they show up late, then do as the throne boss gate does when you come in late and give a 1 min activation time. This isn't an issue in skirmishes and for dungeons this will solve allot of problems.
    edited April 2018
    odnnauq said:

I assume Cryptics knows the difference between server crash/not responding VS changing character or going to the switch character screen. There is even a keybind command for it. So why not lock the account and/or automatically kick the character from queue as soon as the go to character select command is used? I personally think people who have no problem ruining other people's gaming experience should get the account locked for 45 minutes. But I will live with just have him kick from queue and I no longer have to be around people like that. Even in the digital world. This would solve a big problem of the random queue.

I think you're right about character changes getting kicked, but at the moment, changing characters is the only means legit players have to escape an online hostage situation without being penalized for it.

It's pretty sucky when a player is punished for trying to earn rads in a randomq by being trapped with one or two players that are sociopaths, and then gets punished again for trying to escape.
    Agreed. But for RED and Trials and Hero especially, its best to form your own group then head to random. Some like MSP FBI MSVA should, imo, belong in the hero catagory and not in the RED
    Cryptics should get rid of the gate at the boss so that the rushers can rush and kill boss and get their daily RAD. The leechers can stay at camp fire for 5 minutes and slowly make their way and get their RAD. The content players who realized that they did not get group with other content players can choose to slowly explore the dungeon or drop or change toon. This would improve the situation while keeping the kicking rule the same so people cannot kick low geared people or troll others.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

here is my recommendation:
    can you make it so that the party gateways that lead to bosses only work with those who are online. only hunt and Dread skirm don't require boss gateways but all the others do, and doing randoms is a timely thing. I'd prefer a kick possible after 2 minutes or 5 at the most but 15 minutes is just too long, most people who face this issue at a boss gate would just abandon. I have many times to allow for others too leave, since i have 5 toons and can play on the other in that penalty period. One way to prevent the leechers and free loaders, is to detect when the player chooses to logout or switch characters either from command console or the ESC menu, then remove those DCd players from the team right away. Those people who DC on accident or server issues won't have used those methods and should remain in the party for 2 min or 5 min (whichever is chosen for the 'grace period') and then automatically remove them. TY

In skirmishes, the kick timer is 5 minutes. At least in TotDG, and PoM.