test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Templars Wrath, temporary HP and Crit

egoignis#2146 egoignis Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Is there a conection between TW and crit when trying to increase the temporary HP? The thread about TW say no, but some ppl, like in the link i will post, say that critical do increase the HP. I am missing something? Ty
https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/691j4g/op_tank_templars_wrath/

Comments

• Options
    fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    It does not effect the temp hp.

Crit affects the damage from TW but not the temp hp.
  • Options
    So, stacking is possible, good to know. Tyvm
  • Options
    ambulatesambulates Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    if Templars wrath crits it will do more damage equaling more temp hp that's why you see protector with 100% crit chance
  • Options
    fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @ambulates said:
    > if Templars wrath crits it will do more damage equaling more temp hp that's why you see protector with 100% crit chance

That's not how it works. A TW that crits will do more damage but not give you more temp hp than a regular hit.

100% crit is to do more damage.
  • Options
    midental#5256 midental Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    So it is better Owler bear cub and low crit?
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Percentage bonuses affect it too. Crit doesn't.
  • Options
    benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    TW and the temp HP it generates is a funny thing. So firstly as people have stated on here crit damage has no bearing on the the amount of temp HP generated. What does effect it is your raw damage. However the damage you gain from companions may or may not have an impact. Some companions like the archions do not count towards HP gain, others like the siege master do.
    Should you ditch crit and use the owlbear? In short no. It might not help your temp hp but the extra damage is still most welcome and you should reach a point in any level appropriate instance that unless things are going wrong across the party you can keep a perminant wall of temp HP up anyway.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
  • Options
    Ty, i did read it, but there are many conflicting posts out there and i wanted to be sure.