test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is the best way in upgrading Artifacts/Artifact Equipment?

archanf3larchanf3l Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Every path or every mod seems to change the idea or ways on upgrading items. With this current mod we have, any tips on "efficient" way of upgrading our items ?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    There is only one way. Dump RP into it. If the question is: what is the efficient way to get RP? There are various ways but I am not sure what an efficient way is.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Dragon's Hoards on all your characters and move the stones to the character with the item you are working on.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    To be frank, I'm a casual player, and Wanderer's Fortune on two toons, Quartermasters on one has given me more than enough RP, That being said, I play on Xbox, so when the new sets hit I will probably be singing another tune altogether.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If they give you back to back double enchants like they did for PC, it isn't so much of an issue, with QM and also Leadership bags.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    archanf3larchanf3l Member Posts: 11 Arc User

To be frank, I'm a casual player, and Wanderer's Fortune on two toons, Quartermasters on one has given me more than enough RP, That being said, I play on Xbox, so when the new sets hit I will probably be singing another tune altogether.

How effective it is ? I'd like to try it.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Wanderer's Fortune will drop RP. It may have a cool down after a while but it is pretty effective.

Quartermaster drops bags. Hence, you should open those bags only during 2xRefining Stones (used to be called 2xEnchant). You should open QM bags when your toon have the combine QM chance to be at least 10%. If you do that, it drops rank 6 and rank 7. That matters when you open the QM bags and not when you gather QM bags.

i.e. you can have QM 1% when you are collecting QM bags. Before you open the bags during 2xRefining stones, you should gather all the QM enchantment from various toon to equip one toon to have 10%. Then, move those QM enchantments to various toon and open QM bags one by one. A typical character has 5 utility slots. If you get Makos' ring, that can be the 6th.

Note that: the stuff from Wanderer's Fortune and QM bags are account bound. Hence, you can't sell them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Other than farming it...
    I have noticed the cheapest RP available in the auction house is green equipment level 68 to 70. It gives 50 RP each, about as much as a peridot would but significantly cheaper. Larger and more rare gems above the more common black pearl seems to cost as much as 3 and 4 AD per refinement point. Most times I have checked green equipment level 68 to 70 runs about 50 to 100 AD making it the cheapest source for a direct buy out.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

Other than farming it...
    I have noticed the cheapest RP available in the auction house is green equipment level 68 to 70. It gives 50 RP each, about as much as a peridot would but significantly cheaper. Larger and more rare gems above the more common black pearl seems to cost as much as 3 and 4 AD per refinement point. Most times I have checked green equipment level 68 to 70 runs about 50 to 100 AD making it the cheapest source for a direct buy out.

Interesting I hadnt thought of that - thank you
  • Options
    sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    archanf3l said:

How effective it is ? I'd like to try it.

I have over 300k in RP saved up for Mod 13 if I am still playing when it hits. I run one alt (with Wanderer's Fortune) through one RQ dungeon and RQ skirmish once a day, so therefore collect account bound refinement on that toon that I send to my main at a later date. I have Wanderer's Fortune and 2 rank 10 or 11 QM's on my main. Can't recall right now which one, but I want to say they are only rank 10. I would say, for me, it is efficient enough that I never keep unbound refinement. I don't need it thanks to all my bound refinement and sell it on the AH instead. I HIGHLY recommend it.
  • Options
    beethoven9thbeethoven9th Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    quite fast way: buying Blood Ruby from the AH. 5'000 RP at 12k AD each :)
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Run Storming the Castle. 1 Blood Ruby at 15 minutes or so.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.