test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character Histories

daviar1daviar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
I think it would be nice if the History box on the character sheet worked more like notepad or word. Could this interface be made more elegant such as it being easier to see the where the cursor actually is? Having twice as many (or more) type-able characters would facilitate more of a role-playing detail to the history. There does seem to be quite a few role-players who might take advantage of this update. Currently, trying to change anything other than the last thing you typed is a pain. You have to guess where the pointer might be as it stays permanently blinking at the very bottom of the last line of text. There is also no indication if more than one space is highlighted. Entire lines of text can be easily deleted. It's just all around frustrating to use.

Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Easy answer: do all your writing in Notepad, Word, etc. Then copy/paste it to your character sheet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @daviar1 I admit after playing Champions with the ability to set custom color, font, and size, Neverwinter takes a giant leap in reverse on the personal history. Even when using Champions Online, I still use my LibreOffice to spell check before adding the format. Also most of my character's biographical information gets very lengthy, so I save most of it to web and place a link at the bottom of my character's introduction.

For example; I use the Pimus Database for Champions Online and my personal user space on the Official Neverwinter Wiki. This way people who are really interested in knowing more about my characters can read at leisure while not playing. For the most part, the few people who have a history, don't seem to have much more than a one liner. I am glad you are taking time creating one.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    My "histories" aren't, as such. I do snippets of stories.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    daviar1daviar1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Thank you for your responses.
    I'll try out the notepad. It seems a shame the history can't handle basic editing very well,
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    It should allow more space and at least basic WP functionalities, though HTML wouldn't hurt anything

This is supposed to be, after all, a role playing game... even if not neccessarily as in D&D as advertised it is an MMORPG at least