test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eldoth's guides for DPS MOF and Hybrid MOF control wizards

bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
Hello !

In mod 13, smolder, the main feature of the MOF control wizard has been fixed and reworked, making this paragon path as powerful as SS path for damage dealing.

The first guide is for all the control wizards who want to rule the MOF paragon path and especially for SS DPS control wizards who want to play MOF without changing their gear/stats.
The second guide describes a potent support build using the same stats.

Eldoth's guides for DPS MOF and Hybrid MOF control wizards

Comments

• shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Thanks for the builds! As I stated in another thread, SS Renegade has take a big hit so it is nice to see others ideas on builds.
  • metalicum1metalicum1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User

Thanks for the builds! As I stated in another thread, SS Renegade has take a big hit so it is nice to see others ideas on builds.

What is the big hit that SS rene has taken?
    Aris Meyde CW MoF Renegade

[PS4] Alliance - House Stargaryen
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited March 2018

What is the big hit that SS rene has taken?
    A big hit of random QQ that doesn't have any substantial exposure in logic, whatsoever.

People should try to think a bit more like Tenser. What would Tenser do in this situation?

Perhaps : "Less QQ, more Pew Pew" ?
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Well said!
    He would also say : "Let's discuss MOF, not SS"
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Well, I am not sure how to take that. I am not crying about it nor am I a noob who should just quite the game.

I was just thanking the OP for posting his build ideas. Helps me with redoing my current character.

Honestly...this game...
  • gutsnglory#3975 gutsnglory Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Nice write up. Being contrarian, I have been playing a MoF "DPS style" since loadouts came to consoles and have really enjoyed it. Hitting a mini-boss with FtF on Mastery, then dropping all the trash mobs around it while he just burns away is quite satisfying. I use both your sets 1 & 2 but like you said, there are some things you have to pay attention to, 15' limit of Icy Vines for proc'ing Smolder via FtF, long cast time of Scorching Burst can limit its damage potential in frenzied fights, maximizing Smolder/Rimefire on longer boss fights... But it's just the right mix of strategy vs. button mashing for me and I can't wait for the increased damage for Smolder to hit consoles. Although like any contrarian, I'll be a little annoyed if all the Spell Storms switch over... LoL Also, the Smolder/Rimefire graphic effect on large mobs like dragons is just cool!
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    FtF is only 5 targets, unless they re-increased the cap in m13....which I doubt

Also....have you done some run throughs on trash load outs to look at damage distribution without focused wizardry? Even with Smoulder getting a buff you're probably looking at a very low total % of your damage that counts as single target. So FW is likely just reducing your damage....
    Post edited by masteroga on
    I didn't check the FTF target cap.
    I think FW is still better for mof, it boosts smolder but also desintegrate, which is the first dps source of the dps mof build, even for trash.
    With the recent storm spell fix, I prefer to run SS for trash and go dps MOF only for boss fights.
  • atamasamaatamasama Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I was excited about your builds. But the boss-killing build isn’t viable on Xbox. Ray of Enfeeblement still uses two charges.

Oh well...
    Lakini, Halfling Guardian Fighter
    Tomas, Human Devoted Cleric
    Dragon Shard
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    "I was excited about your builds. But the boss-killing build isn’t viable on Xbox. Ray of Enfeeblement still uses two charges.

Oh well..."

You can still make it work. fire off one charge early in the fight, then a 2nd charge a few seconds later. Then just fire off a charge everytime it pops up. With enough recovery you can keep the 35% debuffs going
  • trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    You need enough recharge speed to have RoE cooldown below 8 sec to keep up two stacks of it on mastery. Without that there's no point to bother with RoE on mastery because you'd use two charges only once and then to use it again you need to wait for second charge to go off cooldown otherwise you have only one stack up like you'd use RoE off mastery. It can work if you kill boss or force next phase (e.g. Dragon Turtle) quickly before you're out of RoE charges, Artificer's Persuasion can also help with extra recovery for 15 seconds.
  • atamasamaatamasama Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    > @masteroga said:
    > "I was excited about your builds. But the boss-killing build isn’t viable on Xbox. Ray of Enfeeblement still uses two charges.
    >
    > Oh well..."
    >
    > You can still make it work. fire off one charge early in the fight, then a 2nd charge a few seconds later. Then just fire off a charge everytime it pops up. With enough recovery you can keep the 35% debuffs going

Mod 13 is now live. I switched to the boss-killing MoF build. I like it, I don’t have to unlearn too much from SS because I’ve only swapped out 2 powers from before. So far so good! :)
    Lakini, Halfling Guardian Fighter
    Tomas, Human Devoted Cleric
    Dragon Shard
    edited June 2018
    I've updated the MOF guide, adding an Oppressor/Thaumaturge build which actually beats Thaumaturge/Oppressor, especially for tough boss fights.
    Post edited by bifflinculte on