test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do you like Chultan equipment's name ?

ornaldornald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
Hi guys.

Chultan equipment's names are very strange. Can you imagine what equipment such as Mekeleya, Ngubo, Puggaree, Umdwebo, Chakmeh etc from? Can you instantly judge which equipment of class?
I like traditional names that are easier to understand. Like Hood, Robes, Gauntlets, Greaves for example.

And, some words do not know how to pronouce it. For example, Isikhumbas, Qafaz, Ibhuzus, Isigqoko.

What do you think ?

Comments

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    If they are names of either African or Mezo-American armors or weapons then I honestly have no real problem with the names. It adds more authenticity to them, in my opinion.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    ornald said:

Hi guys.

Chultan equipment's names are very strange. Can you imagine what equipment such as Mekeleya, Ngubo, Puggaree, Umdwebo, Chakmeh etc from? Can you instantly judge which equipment of class?
    I like traditional names that are easier to understand. Like Hood, Robes, Gauntlets, Greaves for example.

And, some words do not know how to pronouce it. For example, Isikhumbas, Qafaz, Ibhuzus, Isigqoko.

What do you think ?

You can use Ctrl+J to look up the equipment for your class, under the chult tab.

• Options
    jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    don't really pay much attention to the names, but agree it is difficult to sometimes know what is what. i dislike the appearance much more and transmute asap....i don't want look like i'm playing 2000bc i want look like i'm playing d&d.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    Different cultures, different looks. Even in D&D.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    don't remember dinosaurs and weapons looking like from prehistory....you missed the point^^
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    Dinos never went extinct on Toril. I would also refer you to Maztica in the Realms.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.