test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Icewind Dale Quest Bugs

This week, after the new version update, I have experienced problems with the daily quests, specifically those that require interaction with or picking up of an item, and denying access to that same one or same location in completing the quest.

1. Shaman Staff - Have had a couple drop from defeated shamans, but the 3 box locations that I hit the first time having the quest this week are now showing no staff.
2. Strung Up - Meat locations are not showing for locations where meat was taken down the first time the quest came up this week. Only one available, even after killing trolls for a reset, nothing shows.
3. Troll Idols - Locations where idols were taken the first time completing the quest will not show up after. No glimmer, nothing available. Killed troll group in one location 6 times trying to get a result, nada. Once you run out of locations to try and grab, you can no longer complete the quest.

These are the ones that have become problematic so far - haven't run into others as yet. Could there be a flag or invisible object loaded onto the character file on taking quest item that isn't being cleared on quest completion or the like? Has there been a change made in the code that limits the quest to once weekly, but the quest givers still are able to assign? Been a long time since I've done any coding, but errors of a similar sort reminded me of those hidden objects and all. Please see what can be done, as characters will be unable to advance without a way to earn those daily rewards. Thank you!

Comments

• emeraldoctane#4418 emeraldoctane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the same problem even the quest where the gears on the ground won't appear at all forget the quest name, but yeah it is frustrating when I can't turn in multiple quests at caer-konig
  • whastryk#4032 whastryk Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I’m also having these issues with Dwarven Valley. I can’t get meat from any of the trees today, nor have I been able to get it the last couple of days. I uninstalled Neverwinter and reinstalled it just to see if it would clear the issue, but it didn’t work. I really need to do these daily missions to make keys and vouchers in the campaign. Please look into this and fix it.
  • thorn#0887 thorn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Yep same issue was about to post the same bug pretty much every quest in the Dwarven Valley is unfinishable you go to the same areas as you have many times before this bug arrived to find there is nothing to click on and collect
  • thorn#0887 thorn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    This obviously should be a high priority fix it means no dwarven gold and 3 or so unfinishable daily quests in caer-konig
  • davisuchiha#1584 davisuchiha Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    same problem like nathicana showed on 1st message 3 dailies i cant finish because doesnt show up this needs to be fixed.
  • marcm713#3446 marcm713 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    ditto on the strung up and troll idol quests. Super annoying. Takes me a week to complete strung up.
  • davisuchiha#1584 davisuchiha Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    well for me is fixed after 4.60 update now i can do it everyday thank you guys for fixing!