test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove random queues

To be honest i already know that what i'm about to say is selfish, but i really don't care how many (if any) people tell me that they enjoy random queues. When the neverwinter devs made a point in saying that these changes were not "a cynical attack on our astral diamond acquisition" it told me everything i needed to i know.
Any time a game dev says that their action are not cynical....it's usually cynical.

Look at the history here.
-Astral diamond refinement capped at 36k per day
-changing refinement items into common as hell black pearls etc that aren't worth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the tradehouse because there are so many
-forcing random dungeon and skirmish queues, knowing that most players play a select few dungeons because the rest are a chore.
-Removing double AD events from the game entirely

Nearly every change has been in favor of limiting our AD gains so that buying zen looks like the attractive option. Random dungeons are no different and i preferred to old way.

End of rant.

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited February 2018

Look at the history here.

-changing refinement items into common as hell black pearls etc that aren't worth HAMSTER in the tradehouse because there are so many

-forcing random dungeon and skirmish queues, knowing that most players play a select few dungeons because the rest are a chore.

Nearly every change has been in favor of limiting our AD gains so that buying zen looks like the attractive option. Random dungeons are no different and i preferred to old way.

End of rant.

Very little of what you included in your rant supports your conclusion "Nearly every change has been in favor of limiting our AD gains so that buying zen looks like the attractive option".

An increase of 50% from the 24K previous limit, does not support your point as it increased the amount of AD players could earn.

-changing refinement items into common as hell black pearls etc that aren't worth HAMSTER in the tradehouse because there are so many

Any sales within the AH do not increase the amount of AD in the game, so whether prices on the AH go up or down has nothing to do with increased AD in the game and the fee is a minor sink. Does not support your point.
    Second, Black pearls replaced the random "common as hell" rank 5 drops and the price of black pearls seem to be consistent with the little I recall about rank 5 prices. I didn't buy or sell rank 5's, so this could be true that the price dropped some, but they still sell in the 250AD range. Does not support your point.

When this change was introduced, it actually increased the amount of AD that can be earned per player per day. That some players do not wish to take advantage is not the Dev's doing. That's on the players. RQ was introduced to help with the long queue times for some players. But, since the players are acting this way, it does provide some minimal support for your conclusion. Overall, from the perspective of my guild and the alliance we are in, I find it better and much more looking for guild/alliance group for RQ than the previous requests for salvage runs.

Supposition, you cannot know that they have been removed entirely. They have only been used in 3 circumstances in the past. 1. As an economy balancing tool. Not used when the AD exchange is in a good range or extremely high. 2. As a reward, usually occurs during special events like the Jubilee. 3. An apology for a big mistake. There hasn't been a big one in awhile. Coal ward fiasco was probably the most recent.

Increasing AD brought into the game will increase AH prices (good for sellers, bad for buying) and could put us at an AD/Zen exchange rate like the PC at 500/1 (Good for Zen purchasers, bad for ftp) with a wait of 7 days or more much of the time to do a conversion. So, if they truely wanted to make Zen purchases more attractive, flooding the market with AD (What you want) and driving up the exchange would be the way to do it.

So of your 4 bullet points, one is supposition, 2 contradict your conclusion and one could be taken either way.
  • Options
    mikal#9243 mikal Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    > @zephyriah said:
    > Look at the history here.
    >
    > -Astral diamond refinement capped at 36k per day
    >
    > -changing refinement items into common as hell black pearls etc that aren't worth HAMSTER in the tradehouse because there are so many
    >
    > -forcing random dungeon and skirmish queues, knowing that most players play a select few dungeons because the rest are a chore.
    >
    > -Removing double AD events from the game entirely
    >
    >
    >
    > Nearly every change has been in favor of limiting our AD gains so that buying zen looks like the attractive option. Random dungeons are no different and i preferred to old way.
    >
    >
    >
    > End of rant.
    >
    > Very little of what you included in your rant supports your conclusion "Nearly every change has been in favor of limiting our AD gains so that buying zen looks like the attractive option".
    >
    >
    > An increase of 50% from the 24K previous limit, does not support your point as it increased the amount of AD players could earn.
    >
    > -changing refinement items into common as hell black pearls etc that aren't worth HAMSTER in the tradehouse because there are so many
    >
    > Any sales within the AH do not increase the amount of AD in the game, so whether prices on the AH go up or down has nothing to do with increased AD in the game and the fee is a minor sink. Does not support your point.
    > Second, Black pearls replaced the random "common as hell" rank 5 drops and the price of black pearls seem to be consistent with the little I recall about rank 5 prices. I didn't buy or sell rank 5's, so this could be true that the price dropped some, but they still sell in the 250AD range. Does not support your point.
    >
    > -forcing random dungeon and skirmish queues, knowing that most players play a select few dungeons because the rest are a chore.
    >
    > When this change was introduced, it actually increased the amount of AD that can be earned per player per day. That some players do not wish to take advantage is not the Dev's doing. That's on the players. RQ was introduced to help with the long queue times for some players. But, since the players are acting this way, it does provide some minimal support for your conclusion. Overall, from the perspective of my guild and the alliance we are in, I find it better and much more looking for guild/alliance group for RQ than the previous requests for salvage runs.
    >
    >
    > Supposition, you cannot know that they have been removed entirely. They have only been used in 3 circumstances in the past. 1. As an economy balancing tool. Not used when the AD exchange is in a good range or extremely high. 2. As a reward, usually occurs during special events like the Jubilee. 3. An apology for a big mistake. There hasn't been a big one in awhile. Coal ward fiasco was probably the most recent.
    >
    > Increasing AD brought into the game will increase AH prices (good for sellers, bad for buying) and could put us at an AD/Zen exchange rate like the PC at 500/1 (Good for Zen purchasers, bad for ftp) with a wait of 7 days or more much of the time to do a conversion. So, if they truely wanted to make Zen purchases more attractive, flooding the market with AD (What you want) and driving up the exchange would be the way to do it.
    >
    > So of your 4 bullet points, one is supposition, 2 contradict your conclusion and one could be taken either way.

You talk about supposition and then claim universally that random queues have increased AD gain. In 100% of cases? What evidence do you base this on? If i have to leave a random queue that puts me in MSPC with 4 barely 12k players who cant complete the content, then how does that support your conclusion?
    Am i better off going with a random run of prophecy of madness that is glitched and offers no hope of a gold bracket reward? Or would i have better luck under the old system of queing twice for master of the hunt...i'll take master of the hunt thanks. Random queues offer more AD in certain circumstances. They are entirely dependant on the content and what group composition you are given. If you cant finish the content you get no AD.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

> @zephyriah said:

> Look at the history here.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Nearly every change has been in favor of limiting our AD gains so that buying zen looks like the attractive option. Random dungeons are no different and i preferred to old way.

>

>

>

> End of rant.

>

> Very little of what you included in your rant supports your conclusion "Nearly every change has been in favor of limiting our AD gains so that buying zen looks like the attractive option".

>

>

> An increase of 50% from the 24K previous limit, does not support your point as it increased the amount of AD players could earn.

>

>

> Any sales within the AH do not increase the amount of AD in the game, so whether prices on the AH go up or down has nothing to do with increased AD in the game and the fee is a minor sink. Does not support your point.

> Second, Black pearls replaced the random "common as hell" rank 5 drops and the price of black pearls seem to be consistent with the little I recall about rank 5 prices. I didn't buy or sell rank 5's, so this could be true that the price dropped some, but they still sell in the 250AD range. Does not support your point.

>

>

> When this change was introduced, it actually increased the amount of AD that can be earned per player per day. That some players do not wish to take advantage is not the Dev's doing. That's on the players. RQ was introduced to help with the long queue times for some players. But, since the players are acting this way, it does provide some minimal support for your conclusion. Overall, from the perspective of my guild and the alliance we are in, I find it better and much more looking for guild/alliance group for RQ than the previous requests for salvage runs.

>

>

> Supposition, you cannot know that they have been removed entirely. They have only been used in 3 circumstances in the past. 1. As an economy balancing tool. Not used when the AD exchange is in a good range or extremely high. 2. As a reward, usually occurs during special events like the Jubilee. 3. An apology for a big mistake. There hasn't been a big one in awhile. Coal ward fiasco was probably the most recent.

>

> Increasing AD brought into the game will increase AH prices (good for sellers, bad for buying) and could put us at an AD/Zen exchange rate like the PC at 500/1 (Good for Zen purchasers, bad for ftp) with a wait of 7 days or more much of the time to do a conversion. So, if they truely wanted to make Zen purchases more attractive, flooding the market with AD (What you want) and driving up the exchange would be the way to do it.

>

> So of your 4 bullet points, one is supposition, 2 contradict your conclusion and one could be taken either way.

You talk about supposition and then claim universally that random queues have increased AD gain. In 100% of cases? What evidence do you base this on? If i have to leave a random queue that puts me in MSPC with 4 barely 12k players who cant complete the content, then how does that support your conclusion?

Am i better off going with a random run of prophecy of madness that is glitched and offers no hope of a gold bracket reward? Or would i have better luck under the old system of queing twice for master of the hunt...i'll take master of the hunt thanks. Random queues offer more AD in certain circumstances. They are entirely dependant on the content and what group composition you are given. If you cant finish the content you get no AD.

No, I did not claim Universally that RQ has increased gain. You need to reread. I said that the "amount that can be earned has been increased" I repeat "that can be earned"(The pool of available daily AD for running dungeons/skirmish) is a totally different thing and nowhere did I imply an increase would be for 100% of the players. In fact, I made it point to say that the improvement (I pointed out it was the only bullet point that partially supported your conclusion)I observed was that it caused our guild and alliance to depend on each other more to take advantage of it and that I think was a good thing for our members. Many of us are able to avoid pugging for RQ completely except for the trials. It has made it easier to run alts through and earn more AD on them. Small guilds/alliances/low level players (Extremely low level players will see an increase, since AD begins being rewarded in Blacklake, it was not before) may not see this benefit that we do, so not 100%. As I said in my reply this point, and only this point, can be used to support your point in some cases, but can just as well be used against it in others.

Also, just to keep it clear we are talking about AD generation, not other rewards, so it doesn't matter if you get "gold" or not, the daily RQ AD will be the same. Salvage value may vary based on the content you run, but not the RQ reward.

They have already said they have no intention of removing RQ, but may tweak them (If you follow the PC and Preview forums you may have seen these comments). Focus on driving change, not elimination, to really have an impact and at least get some of what you wish.
  • Options
    Im sorry but the random queues do not help alts whatsoever.
    Having to unlock all of a type a dungeon, epic or skirmish type to play any at all does not help
    Constantly being paired with top tier level 70's who speed run the content and leave you in the dust does not help.
    Oh and while we are on the subject, would a random group of 11k players who can get through shores of tuern have any hope of completing FBI? Or epic demo? Random queues seem to think that what's good for one is good for them all.

And yes our AD gain has been attacked. Just the other night FNHUSA had a live stream and miasmat (game dev) was in his chat. The reasoning given was that their are too many diamonds in the economy and its driving up the diamond exchange abd breaking the economy. The developers themselves support my conclusion.
  • Options
    warchild369#9998 warchild369 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Either way, the queue system is broken. 10 minutes waiting to get stuck with characters that shouldn't be there in the first place, then I get punished for leaving? Dps has to be much stronger than anyone else yet other classes get bonuses? I'm punished because I play the class I want to play? And spending 15 minutes waiting before all of that in the first place pretty much ruins the fun. Makes me have to ask if they've ever gamed.....
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Had to run CN the other night on my DC with 4 9k-10k randoms. I should have left from the get go upon realizing that the 9K GF couldn't take a hit from a common mob enemy. Made it to Orcus to find that I was indeed going to be the tank in there. Needless to say, 30 minutes in CN generated exactly 0 AD and 1 vote to abandon after dying numerous times. I'm on the RQ's are a huge fail side of the fence from many perspectives. And yes, I also believe this was added to force us into HAMSTER content we don't like and just happened to have the side effect of lowering some players AD generation.
  • Options
    uniquesuby03420#3299 uniquesuby03420 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    How bout through version of IG RQ ,where random ppl with IL under 1.5k vote to go to round 2 and 3 where they can't kill anything and takes 40mins plus to finish. I'll take the penalty instead of pulling pugs thru low IL IG.
    Post edited by uniquesuby03420#3299 on
  • Options
    > @uniquesuby03420#3299 said:
    > How bout the IG rq where IL under 1000 ppl vote to go to round 3 where they can't kill anything and takes 30mins plus to finish. I'll take the penalty instead of pulling pugs thru IG

It's an ill thought out system in general. I get tired of carrying players through prophecy of madness, even worse when the gold tier is still bugged and virtually impossible to achieve. It's guaranteed to be a grind fest everytime. Under the old system i could have run 2 master of the hunt and 1 temple of the spider in the equivelent time.
  • Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    As previously mentioned, before RQ's a number of queues other than CT, DL/MotH and EToS were barely popping if at all due to players solo/private queuing the easy content for bonus RAD both things needed to change for the better of the player base as a whole.

Personally the time/effort to generate RAD with RQ's has been cut by over half vs the old system even when often enough encountering negative players that AFK farmer, intentionally disconnect, run purposely under-equipped additional characters, etc. and all the while helping LLP's (lower level players) get RAD which is a good thing because they can fund their progression and will eventually become HLP's themselves (if they continue to play).

As far as AD gains, they were pretty out of control for some time at the cost of queue pop times, this had to change as well. A lot of players had multiple characters privately running easy content for bonus RAD which slowed queue pop times for other content to a crawl/standstill essentially and or with leadership farming refinement (not stating that farming leadership was/is necessarily bad).

No matter how "attractive" Zen looks players do NOT have to buy it, it is an option. That argument is quite played out.

Cryptic is in business to turn a profit and when particular aspects of the game can easily be farmed for ridiculous amounts of benefits/rewards something is bound to change. The game is changing and breaking free from the grasp of multi-character farmers and the hold they had in the past, yes they can still churn out more though players that run far less characters can still make headway in the progression of their own character(s).
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen