test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grey wolf den ( master)

Is anyone else finding it impossible to beat the final boss on this dungeon? I ran thru a couple of times yesterday without any problems and we could finish..since then I have run 5 times and each time we have not been able to finish off the boss..we could get her down to half or less on life but after that her health bar wouldnt drop any more no matter what we did.. we definatly had the teams to finish her off but just couldnt make it happen.. anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    You are aware of the mechanic with the spirit wolf?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • belzar#7938 belzar Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    pitshade said:

You are aware of the mechanic with the spirit wolf?

i guess i'm not..please explain
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    When Marrowslake reaches certain hit point thresholds, she turns into her werewolf form and becomes immune to damage, as you have seen. Shortly after this, a red 'spirit wolf' appears at the back of the room. There is some audio that plays at this time but I can't make it out exactly. The mechanic is that the wolf, which is a low HP hostile mob, has to be brought near to the boss and then killed. This returns her to her human form and removes the invulnerability. Often times, the tank will pull the boss close to the chest, which is near to where the wolf spawns. You can also get aggro on the wolf and pull it towards the boss, but be careful it doesn't have much health. Once the two are very close, kill the wolf. If you aren't close enough, she stays in wolf form and you have to wait for awhile before a new wolf spawns.

IMO this is probably the hardest of the earlier dungeons to complete if everyone doesn't know what to do and cooperate.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Also, you pet is prone to get stuck at the top when you go into the chamber. Always check you pet, if you use bonding, is okay before running down. You can unsummon and summon to free your pet.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I was in an unbeatable eGWD yesterday. It seemed like someone was killing the wolf too early. TBH, I actually didn't know you had to kill the wolf--I thought it was an automatic mechanic.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    The boss isn't an issue, she's relatively easy to aggro, though she's a bit like the 1st elol boss in that she does have a jump attack in her rotation she will use if someone does a significant hit from range.

The AoE's she can cast are brutal, even if you are geared well, but unless you are using Icy Terrain they are easy to see and avoid. If I'm running my MoF I swap out IT for CoI.

The main issue, are the Stormcallers, if the DPS are just mashing buttons on the boss they probably will not realise they are doing zero damage to her, if you do not kill the 2 Stormcallers when she changes to werewolf form, she will have 2 more the next time she changes. Things will go downhill pretty fast from there.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,346 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    When I went into eGWD years ago (it was not as easy as now; it was in mod 6 era), our guild leader gave me 2 simple instructions.
    1. Kill stormcallers when they come out.
    2. don't kill the red wolf (as asking ME not to kill the red wolf so that those who knew better could do that right).

Even with just two simple instructions (and it was even from Teamspeak and not from chat window), it took me a while to fully understand because as a noob, I had tunnel vision. Red wolf? What red wolf?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***