test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

elemental motes...how to collect them.

Greetings adventurers.
I am currently making my way through the elemental evil campaign and have been given unawakened elemental seeds...i have to collect `motes' from heroic encounters in the four campaign zones to awaken them but i have no idea how to go about this..even after i complete the encounters i dont incrase the count of the motes at all.
Any ideas?? Some help here would be hot. :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited January 2018

Greetings adventurers.
    I am currently making my way through the elemental evil campaign and have been given unawakened elemental seeds...i have to collect `motes' from heroic encounters in the four campaign zones to awaken them but i have no idea how to go about this..even after i complete the encounters i dont incrase the count of the motes at all.
    Any ideas?? Some help here would be hot. :smiley:

My advise is to forget about motes which can give you a weapon set but they are now considered weak. There is no point to pursue them. If you really want to get the motes, you need to complete HE in the zone. Small HE gives you a chance to get a mote. The big HE (only one in each zone) will give you a mote for sure. Since you can't solo it and nobody (and you need to a big group) will do that anymore, getting them from big HE 100 times is mission impossible.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    It took an entire day when the zones were full of people farming to get 100 motes, as gut wrenching grind as it is, farming relic weapons is easier. You also might want to check AH, there might still be the elemental weapon set you are after quite cheaply, tho, unless you want Fire for the AP gain or maybe Earth for a GF say, their weapon damage compared to evenChult weapons, which can be bought for peanuts on AH is significantly less, making them completely unviable for any class that requires damage for dps or aggro.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    On a side note its interesting how little ... I dont know how to describe it... Up To Date News gets out there to the player base?

So players may very well be slogging their guts out/and/or quitting due to certain grinds they no longer "have" to do - do you get me?
  • Options
    dyari#7185 dyari Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So basically discard the mission sell the seeds.. if i can... and get better weapons else where in the game? Thank you for that. I guess I`ll stop wasting my time and move on to the next part.
  • Options
    Those elemental weapon set can be crafted using profession. I made a few set for my alt just for the heck of it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    With weaponsmithing you can make your way to crafting those weapons and gathering the materials to make them yourself the grind to do that would be shorter unless you have trade bars (to buy the mote boosters from the trade bar guy) and are commited to a long grind with little chance of quick success.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    jade1280 said:

With weaponsmithing you can make your way to crafting those weapons and gathering the materials to make them yourself the grind to do that would be shorter unless you have trade bars (to buy the mote boosters from the trade bar guy) and are commited to a long grind with little chance of quick success.

Depends on the class you want to make. Some are under Artificing.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

So basically discard the mission sell the seeds.. if i can... and get better weapons else where in the game? Thank you for that. I guess I`ll stop wasting my time and move on to the next part.

Yes, get rid of those mote quests and everything related to them and buy the crafted Chultan weapon and offhand for your character off the Auction House.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Chultan_Crafted_Weapons
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    manipulos said:

Yes, get rid of those mote quests and everything related to them and buy the crafted Chultan weapon and offhand for your character off the Auction House.

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Chultan_Crafted_Weapons
    Agree - fastest way to get some of the best weapon sets. Arguments can be made for Relic, Stronghold and even Twisted weapon sets - but all of them require major grind time to get. Most Chultan sets can be had for under 50k AD (total) on the AH at present.
  • Options
    drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    greywynd said:

jade1280 said:

And platesmithing

• Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    drewhayes said:

greywynd said:

jade1280 said:

And platesmithing

Indeed you are both correct shields and various magic user weapons are in seperate catagories it has been awhile since i needed to craft these so it had slipped my mind.
  • Options
    wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Or you know... screw all that and just buy chult weapons...
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    devs really need to redo, DO AWAY with these "100", or allow more drops by common mobs in specific zones, just random drops like Well of Dragons, and if fighting a ringleaders, they drop extras. NO MORE issues ever. come on devs, players are tired of lazy devs. we hadnt seen any progression or dev's letter to players for 2018. Let Talk the talk! no hiding in sandboxes.

prefer to start those new weapons as purple graded unstead of green, it is worthless to level up those.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Yeah the elemental motes quests was and is still a real pain. Even after doing HE's in the appropriate areas finding I had actually picked up a mote was the exception, not the rule so I too just gave up and ignored that part of the elemental quests... which seems to be even more of a good idea since the weapon sets one was supposed to be able to get now appear so underpowered compared to other existing weapon sets.

I really would have liked to get them... but the endless hours, days, weeks, etc. of grinding in the hopes that a mote might drop, not worth it in my opinion.
  • Options
    I held on to the Unawakened Hearts for Earth, Fire and Air (made the Drowned) on my main. I need 14 Fire motes and less than 60 Earth. I do the tasks for the Barracks in the stronghold. When I get a mote, great. If I don't, that's okay, too.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I've already completed all of the quests in those elemental areas so when I used to return it was only to get those motes, which if I remember correctly were supposed to drop from doing HE's in those areas.

My opinion, when I return to those areas specifically to collect motes to get the items promoted and after doing a HE the motes do not drop... that's not okay with me. I've never been much appreciative of grinding, I'm here to play the game, in as many different aspects, with as many characters and classes as possible - not just do the same thing over and over again with the same character of the same class - then repeat the process.

I understand a certain amount of that is often required but with what I considered to be the abysmal drop rate for motes I just gave up.

Different strokes -
  • Options
    chidion said:

I've already completed all of the quests in those elemental areas so when I used to return it was only to get those motes, which if I remember correctly were supposed to drop from doing HE's in those areas.

My opinion, when I return to those areas specifically to collect motes to get the items promoted and after doing a HE the motes do not drop... that's not okay with me. I've never been much appreciative of grinding, I'm here to play the game, in as many different aspects, with as many characters and classes as possible - not just do the same thing over and over again with the same character of the same class - then repeat the process.

I understand a certain amount of that is often required but with what I considered to be the abysmal drop rate for motes I just gave up.

Different strokes -

If you can complete the big HE in those area, the mote will drop 100%. However, you most likely cannot do the big HE alone.
    For the rest of HE, you only get a chance to get the mote.
    If you want to get mote from smaller HE with 100% chance, you can get the wand from T-bar store. After you activate the wand, the mote will drop from HE 100% for 30 minutes.
    Again, there is no point to get the mote unless you really want to complete the quest.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Do not grind motes. Do not refine those weapons. Ignore everything relating to them. They are 100% obsolete and a waste of your time and RP.

Even if they weren't obsolete, they are craftable using professions and can be purchased on the AH. But you can purchase the superior Chult weapons as well.

Elemental Fire
    Twisted
    Burning
    Drowned
    etc...
    Are all obsolete and should not be acquired unless you are already BIS and just want collection points.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i guess the devs just put us on ignore list and wont even touch 10' pole to touch for new update on drop rates, WoD is very well designed for hoard drops, but these motes are too limited and outdated, why? lazy? if they wont do it, then we should stop sending pizza to them. hungry devs would listen on empty stomach for changes.
    we are tired and fed up with mote grinding, it is considered as torture and badly abused. newer players get on mote quest and will give up and hating it, may skip since some are already burnouts to keep playing later.
  • Options
    dyari#7185 dyari Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    thank you all for the feed back, great advice from you all. After not very long a think I dumped those pesky motes and the quests and suddenly became so much happier.... Also...how good is the Chult hammer?
  • Options
    Good enough to carry you to the new mod next month.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    To give a bit more information, the current tier of weapons includes Relic, Ascended (4 sets), Stronghold 2 and Chult. They have identical stats and damage. All that separates them are set bonuses. The Chult have a meaningless one, but the stats and damage are the same as the best. All of these weapons at Green quality do more damage than the older sets at Orange, which is what makes the old sets obsolete. Set bonus is great but Weapon Damage is tops.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    matthattrmatthattr Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Everything about the EE mod was just wrong. Every tweek afterwards to rectify it was a waste of time, it just made bad worse. EE campaign is a mind numbing waste of time, the only thing to get out of the PITA is the boons and even then only if you must and have nothing else to do. EE justified using zen store to buy out of it...pay not to play..what a concept.

They should have at the get go made the motes a drop from every quest in the hub, so about the time you get the water part completed and were graduating to the next element you had got or were very near the motes needed. Run 30-40 quests and the like amount of dailies there and have 80 motes, run a few more HE or option quest and bam 100 motes. Water slotted item, progress to the next element in the EE chain etc.
  • Options
    Except that with every mode getting the new toys is seen as a "must". And there is a rush for the first several months after a mod drops that it is fairly easy to find people to do the content to get them.
  • Options

chidion said:

Different strokes -

If you can complete the big HE in those area, the mote will drop 100%. However, you most likely cannot do the big HE alone.
    If you want to get mote from smaller HE with 100% chance, you can get the wand from T-bar store. After you activate the wand, the mote will drop from HE 100% for 30 minutes.
    Again, there is no point to get the mote unless you really want to complete the quest.
    I don't recall anything about motes dropping 100% only from "big" HE's I just thought it was from any HE, but I do believe I recall something about being able to 'buy' something to improve drop rates, not that I would be inclined to do that.

Perhaps I didn't read the fine print as closely as I should have back then.

Yeah I agree, there doesn't seem to be any real purpose for obtaining those drops now unless someone just wants to 'complete the collection', which personally I like to strive for even though it is mostly meaningless - but not to the extent of having to buy something to enable me to do it.

At any rate thanks everyone for the informantion...

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    chidion said:

chidion said:

Different strokes -

I don't recall anything about motes dropping 100% only from "big" HE's I just thought it was from any HE, but I do believe I recall something about being able to 'buy' something to improve drop rates, not that I would be inclined to do that.

Perhaps I didn't read the fine print as closely as I should have back then.

Yeah I agree, there doesn't seem to be any real purpose for obtaining those drops now unless someone just wants to 'complete the collection', which personally I like to strive for even though it is mostly meaningless - but not to the extent of having to buy something to enable me to do it.

At any rate thanks everyone for the informantion...

It isn't any big HE... there is one big HE in each zone that drops motes 100%. In the elemental water zone, it is crabs. In the fire zone it is the sacrificial run down the subway station. I have no idea which he's in the other zones, because I was able to craft those weapons long before I gathered enuff motes. Heck, I could have ground out the AD faster too, come to think of it. If you still have the motes you They still sell in the 25k - 50k AD range on the AH

• Options
    Drowned Shore - Cornered by Crabs
    Reclamation Rock - Slaad Invasion
    Fiery Pit - Feeding the Fire
    Spinward Rise - The Battle of Mistral Point

There are 4 different Seeker's Wands that can be bought from the Trade Bar merchant and possibly still in the AH.
  • Options
    jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Just do what others have said; go on AH and buy chult weapons, they should be enough to keep you going until you can hit the new zone set that comes out in feb...though you have a long way to go before playing the chult zone......you could decide to go for river district set (aboleth, mirage etc) but by the time you get there they will still be viable but....meh....i would buy set og chult refine to descent level and plug away with them until you have progressed enough to hit the new chult zone then be prepared to grindddddddddddddddddddd and get spewed on by zombie Trex. gl.