test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Permanent buffing system (empowering characters)

babysokowlette8x#5772 babysokowlette8x Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
====This is a new buff system via card slots or in game cards===
These cards will be the new items to chase for because of its buffs just like
*Spoiler*
chain of scales... from mod 13
im pretty sure there are card games on dnd right ???

How bout we get a new buff system ?? For our own character .
####an item specifically that will make us stronger (cards)
#reasons i want this new system
-having 850 or 1000 power for 1 rank 13 or rank 14 enchantment is just too plain
-mod 13 is introducing gears with plus 3 or 5 percent damage .how bout we get it permanently via card system
-u nerfed bondings ( i dont know why :wink: )
- +5 rings are too rare and the buffs arent cuttin it im talkin bout underdark rings lol

########################
#How it should be implemented#
########################
1. Just like chain of scales there should be levels of progression to this item.. Uncommon to mythic
2.must be permanent
3.it will introduce the CARD SLOT system
====just like enchantments there should be now newly open card slots for our characters' main hand and off hand only ====
4. 3 slots for main and 2 for off hand
5. each card must have an art that can be previewed. For example, the beholder card previews beholder art then stories written below or description so lore and people would understand it more...
6.can only be used to pve
7.of course , the buffs themselves
#######################
#here are the example of buffs#
#or different kind of cards. #
#######################
-we cast our skill faster( 25% to 50% faster than normal)
-we attack 2x speed(melee)
-our attack range is 2x to 5x longer(range)
-2x healing power(healers)
-2x movement speed(tank)
-2x tougher (tank)
-resurrecting players takes 2x less time
-25% to 50% increased mount speed
-2x more health points
-professions takes 2x less time
-companion attacks 2x faster
-companions health points is 2x more
And ultimately
-30% to 45% increased damage
It should be the rarest and most expensive one ;)
those are just examples
Tell me what u think u should permanently have as a buff or stats .

Btw these are just the basic idea .
In no terms im claiming it will be the best but u have the idea that i just want to have a permanent stats that will make me op .. Haha
I just hate having to change gears chasing after for its item level every mod but getting a bad stats for it..

For example, u want 1k power but the new gear with the best item level as of now or bis has 1k recovery
Wthell is that ?? U want ur characters item level to increase as much as its stats.. Right ?? Bcuz u want to go to Tong or the newest dungeon while being a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :)

I think this would solve that problem of having a permanent buffs instead of keepin on changing gears ;))

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    We have permanent buffs. They're called "boons".
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    yes more power creep, that's just what this game needs.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    snotty said:

yes more power creep, that's just what this game needs.

Couldn't agree more, the creep we get doesn't even make sense to me sometimes, like when the next BiS weapon damage is so significantly better than the last one, you are forced to change, or that BiS mount powers started off with 4k stats, I know you gotta build for the future but the increments just seem to be too much sometimes.

On a side note, I gotta hand it to the devs, I thought the way they handled 4k Epic Mounts in a very good way, i.e the 4k ones were changed to Legacy titled mounts and the Legendary retained the 4k stats.

But if they had started the mounts with 2k stats and lesser mounts with 1k stats players would have been just as happy I think, but they chose 4k so that's been the baseline ever since. I don't know whether they thought or whether we needed a 4k stat boost at the time they introduced that or maybe it was just a method to improve lockbox sales. Am sure someone has a soapbox just for that discussion alone so will let them run with it if they choose to do so.

On another side note, just a casual observation, some of the mount designs and animations are the best in the game, the T-Rex looks a little odd how it runs, it seems too fast animation wise but when I saw it throw a minion in the air I was amazed, I'll be the first to admit I don't know anything about anything computers but I didn't think that would have been possible. So thankyou to the art team who make the gorgeous mounts.

My favourite looking mount in the game is still the Epic Griffon :)