test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Battle Honed- what would you like it to be changed to?

thatsmeaswellthatsmeaswell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
Inspecting my build and wondering what i could change i stumbled over one power which i used to ignore since the changes to regeneration in mod ? ( well lets just say "once upon a time there was ....). Battle honed, seriously this must be the most useless power in the entire game, you gain regeneration for 4 secs after being hit. Wtf? Regeneration does not work in combat so what? 4 sec after being hit my toon is yet in fighting stance even if im fleeing from combat so really guys there is absolutely no purpose for this power at all FOR MORE THAN 5 MODS AT LEAST!

So if you, fellow hrs, could choose how it could be transformed into something usefull, what would it be?

I would like something like upping deflection severity, maybe + 5% as base and +1% per enemy in range up to 5, so it would sum up to maybe 10%+ but those numbers are open for debate.

Or maybe a flat runspeed bonus which is definitely needed for trapper and combat specs. Omg i usually think im in slomo when i change my loadout from archery to combat or trapper.

On the other side this would be better implemented via feats than powers.

Nevertheless, battle honed as it is now should definitly be changed so please lets hear your suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Well, it's in competition with some good ones tbh. Aspect of the lone wolf - flat deflect boost, serpents - great trapper damage buff, pack - free combat adv for everyone, and seekers, 19% damage buff, etc.

So it would have to be better than those. We've always needed a cc break so how about "taking damage renders you immune to all cc effects for 5 seconds, cooldown of 30 seconds." I'd equip that in a flash.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    thatsmeaswellthatsmeaswell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Thats a nice idea, too, although i never cease to hope that cc break will be added to one of our already existing powers like fox or marauders, like feanor pointed out in a post in the pc feedback section

https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1237502/hr-still-needs-a-rework-list-of-things-that-need-to-be-addressed#latest

Hope dies last lol

By the way, cc effects can be deflected, so upping deflection severity would work in the same direction+ damage reduction

Although the severity only counts towards damage reduction, the cc deflect is only affected by deflection itself iirc