test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QoL suggestion: A way for memorizing our messages which include text of linked items

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited January 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
This idea would be a big life saver for players who trade a lot. I personally often post multiple messages at a time in the Trade channels of Adventure Zones which I'm visiting, such as:

WTT [Item Name] FOR 4x [Item Name] OR [Item Name]
WTS: [Item Name] 1055g, [Item Name] 950g, [Item Name] 110g, [Item Name] 85g, [Item Name] 2.5g
WTB: [Item Name] 45g, [Item Name] 150g, [Item Name] 120g, [Item Name] 4g, [Item Name] 1.5g

A big issue I'm encountering is that, every time after I log into the game, I have to relink all those items again in order to post those messages again. That's a time-consuming process because I have to find those items in my inventory, on Auction House, or in other UI windows and then use Shift key + left mouse click to link them one by one, and also manually write some necessary numbers (price and quantity).

Another issue is that, I sometimes have to reply to people who send private messages to me to negotiate prices or inquire something. But after I reply them by using private messages, I can no longer use Up arrow key to access my previous messages and quickly re-post them (this seems to be a bug) and instead have to once again re-link all those items. So sometimes I summon my mail portal and reply those people by using mails. That's funny.

If there is a way for us to memorize our messages and also preserve the linked items in the messages, that would be really wonderful.

Comments

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    if it is common items people recognise do you even need the link or can you just use text in a multiple shortcut macro copy past clipboard program ..alternatively i propose if you knew the raw item's id catalogue number to reference that might help as well providing the game lets you reference data in that way
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    kalina311 said:

if it is common items people recognise do you even need the link or can you just use text in a multiple shortcut macro copy past clipboard program ..alternatively i propose if you knew the raw item's id catalogue number to reference that might help as well providing the game lets you reference data in that way

Linked items are colored and make messages look organized and easier to read. I think most players prefer seeing colored items over seeing a bunch of grey text. That probably is why most players link items in their trade messages because that can increase their success in tradings.

Using raw item's id catalogue number to reference the items could be a solution. Thank you.
  • Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    Item links get translated too, so if you want to increase your customer-base, the links help.
    I'll see what we can do about allowing typed item links. There is a html-like syntax we use internally to put item links into mission text and what-not, but we long ago decided to strip or all html-ish stuff to avoid people sending nefarious web site links that are too easily clickable by the unsuspecting masses.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    miasmat said:

Item links get translated too, so if you want to increase your customer-base, the links help.

I'll see what we can do about allowing typed item links. There is a html-like syntax we use internally to put item links into mission text and what-not, but we long ago decided to strip or all html-ish stuff to avoid people sending nefarious web site links that are too easily clickable by the unsuspecting masses.

If that's the case, there might still be a partial remainder of that "html-like syntax" if you send the "=/" emoji or "=\" (can't remember which one) at the end of a private message (tell).

It replaces it with some type of error in curly braces.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    Oh neat! I never use that smiley. It's probably \, since we use that as an escape character.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    miasmat said:

Thanks for the info and the effort in protecting players from those web sites.
    Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    miasmat said:

Oh neat! I never use that smiley. It's probably \, since we use that as an escape character.

Yes, as I recall a backslash at the end of a message turns into "{EOS Escaped}"