test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hold onto those bags or not? [Papas got a Brand New Bag]

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
So forgive me if I am being very stupid here.

One of the intended outcomes of the new refining system was so that players "wouldn't need to carry around or hoard loads of items waiting for the 2 x RP event"

But now there are 2 x Enchants and Runes events...

So does that mean we should all be hoarding those Spoils of War bags, Enchanted Coffers, Thaumaturgic Bags etc etc until Feb 14th when the next 2 x Enchants and Runes is scheduled for?

If so doesn't this mean we will be hoarding etc etc just like we were before?

Comments

• jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Yes, keep them for 2xEnchants, you can save celestial coffers for 2xEnchants too, but Coals or pres wards aren't doubled. I make 3 different coffers with leadership on 3 characters, they stack to 999. I also use Quartermaster enchantments on 2 characters using a maximum additional 5 slots.

I like the current system a lot, I spend a great deal less time moving stacks of peridots et al to a refinement ALT and it saves a lot of shared bank space that I used until a particular RP item reached a stack of 99 ready to be moved to said refinement ALT for storage until use.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    yes *nod*
    but still, we have much less stuff to hoard in waiting!
    i now enjoy refining much more than before... only issue left is the upgrading RNG.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Right so by extension does that mean we should hoard up Chlutan Treasure Maps or the boxes they give as well?
  • thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    I haven't tried it but that may not be a bad idea at all.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    Eliminating 2xRP allows you to not carrying RP items especially character bound RP items.

Yes, you should keep those coffer, bags for 2xEnchant just like we did before 2xRP was eliminated. We have been doing that all along. It is not something new.

For Chlutan Treasure Maps/boxes, I would say no because there is a weekly cap for opening those boxes (you can open those box but you will be cap'ed out the Chlutan currency). I do stash those chlutan boxes but not because of waiting for 2xEnchant.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Eliminating 2xRP allows you to not carrying RP items especially character bound RP items.

Yes, you should keep those coffer, bags for 2xEnchant just like we did before 2xRP was eliminated. We have been doing that all along. It is not something new.

For Chlutan Treasure Maps/boxes, I would say no because there is a weekly cap for opening those boxes (you can open those box but you will be cap'ed out the Chlutan currency). I do stash those chlutan boxes but not because of waiting for 2xEnchant.

Yes but I dont need Chultan Currency so the RP is worth having double surely?
  • rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    This is just exasperating. The devs make this big announcement about the new refining system and one of the things they highlighted is that they did not want users feeling the need to horde refinements till 2x weekends... but now you really should be hoarding bags till 2x bag weekends. I mean why even do away with the old 2x weekend, confuse everyone with confusing announcements, just to have almost the exact same hording just to try and meet the power creep at end game?

Yes but I dont need Chultan Currency so the RP is worth having double surely?
    That is up to you but for me, Chlutan boxes is so minor comparing with other coffers, bags that I don't pay attention to them in 2xEnchant. i.e. when I have 999 of other types, I don't really care much about 99 Chlutan boxes in 2xEnchant. In addition, opening Chultan box means it will fill my inventory because most of its stuff are bound and not stackable such as rings.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited January 2018

This is just exasperating. The devs make this big announcement about the new refining system and one of the things they highlighted is that they did not want users feeling the need to horde refinements till 2x weekends... but now you really should be hoarding bags till 2x bag weekends. I mean why even do away with the old 2x weekend, confuse everyone with confusing announcements, just to have almost the exact same hording just to try and meet the power creep at end game?

Well, it is not the same. Far from it, I used to hoard over 200 slot of stack RP in addition to the coffer and bags we also hoarded. Now, you just need to hoard less than 10 slots and they can be stacked up to 999 (vs those RP that are up to 99). I could have more than 200 slots if I opened stuff in 2xEnchant. I did not even do that back then because I had no space (or spend to much effort) to keep them.

The highlighted is that they did not want users feel the need to hoard RP to 2xRP weekend (not 2x weekend). We always hoard bags/coffer to 2xEnchant regardless. We also hoard different things for 2xGuild Mark, etc.

We used to hoard bags/coffer to 2xEnchant. Open them. Hoard the resulting RP to 2xRP.
    One slot of bags could become 30 slots of RP items (for different type and different rank).

Now, we hoard bags/coffer to 2xEnchant.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    edited January 2018

The amount we hoard now takes up significantly less inventory space as it did before. I REALLY miss my ALWAYS 2xRP on MH/OH but otherwise I love this change to the RP system.
    I think that it would be more satisfying to remove the need to do any hoarding wouldnt it? I mean, that was the intention behind some of the changes wasn't it?

The idea was to STOP the feeling of no progress followed by a MAJOR jump in progress which we have to wait a couple of months for.

So now my toon is in limbo till Feb 14th which is kind of stupid as all I am doing is collecting various bags and making no tiny iL grind progress.

Bah humbug!
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Progression isn’t stopped now. Holding onto the bags is only one part of refinement. I get RP drops from other places all the time. Black pearls are dropping in the place of rank 5 enchants and instead of hoarding those in my bags I can use them right away. Making progress on my character even between 2xenchant. I get drops from my dragon hoard. I get drops from quests. There are many sources for RP and not just the bags.

Sure holding onto the bags will cause a major jump in progress when the event comes around. But it’s not as big of an impact as it used to be. In the past two weeks I was able to level 3 gems from rank 11 to 13 using all RP stuff not obtained from bags. Under the old system I would still be waiting for Feb 14 to level anything. And I would have the headache of trying to figure out where to put all those peridots.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    If you don't want to stack and save the bags then don't. Open them as you get them. Personally I'll be stacking everything that drops double. It's still way less than I had to do before!
  • rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User

The amount we hoard now takes up significantly less inventory space as it did before. I REALLY miss my ALWAYS 2xRP on MH/OH but otherwise I love this change to the RP system.
    That's fine, I totally get it. WHY NOT STATE THAT CLEARLY! I mean if you actually read what the devs say about the new refining system you could excuse a newer player if they are a bit confused.

That's fine, I totally get it. WHY NOT STATE THAT CLEARLY! I mean if you actually read what the devs say about the new refining system you could excuse a newer player if they are a bit confused.
    Yes exactly. For new players it is confusing. I just realised - what about Dread Ring boxes? What about invoked Bags of Refining, none of those stack so if I open them now I feel I am cheating myself!

[This is all semi tongue in cheek but it really does throw up storage problems if you want to hoard ALL bags and boxes which the devs stated that they wanted to END hoarding]
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    As has been stated, hoarding bags for 2x enchants is definitely nothing new. As far as hoarding even goes, that is a player based decision. I'm not sure the dev's ever said, "Hey, why don't you all hoard every thing for double events" when they first came out with the events. The players made the logical decision to hoard so they could double their gains.

If you don't want to hoard, don't hoard. It's really that simple.

It's like 2x AD. Some people are hoarding salvage for 2x AD. Some believe pigs will fly, rivers will run red, the apocalypse will arrive and we'll all be dead by the time another 2xAD event comes around.

It's completely, 100% your decision as to how you handle your bags, double events, progress, etc.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    yes save those the hoarding still stays like it was but on different items and they didnt change the bounding on certain items xD
    edited January 2018
    arcanjo86 said:

yes save those the hoarding still stays like it was but on different items and they didnt change the bounding on certain items xD

Not different items. We hoarded those items (bags/coffers/etc) all these years before mod 12b too. I can't name a new item introduced in mod 12b to be hoarded. However, there must be something and just not many.
    We're RPG'ers, most of us hoard everything we can grab with our thieving little mitts as much as possible anyway. Not having to sort stacks of bound and unbound RP on a storage ALT is blessing enough for me. Now I don't have to worry about whether I save unbound RP for a 2xRP cash in or sell immediately, when I get a stack now it immediately goes on AH. Bound RP is also likewise used immediately.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    I hoard
    It makes me feel like a big shot when i have 100K of refinment points and spend them all in 2 minutes.