test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Drop rates of chult lure materials decreased drastically after last patch

As per the topic says, talked to many people about this and I have experienced myself for about 12 hours non stop farming and I can say there is a huge difference between the drop rates for lure materials before the last patch that removed winter festival.
I have no idea why and how this is happening maybe a mistake happened by the patch or done intentionally by Cryptic but I have to say this is not just one person's whining or experience at all.
I for example could get about 20 batiri trinkets within 3 hours maximum farming on same spot but now I can hardly get 4-6 within that 3 even 4 hours.And no they dont drop anymore..Tested for all mobs giving lure items in chult and yes same happening for them.
Just an explanation for this matter would be cool by Cryptic devs.
Really wondering the reason.
Thanks.
Raijin

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    RNG
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    velahryn#7236 velahryn Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    greywynd said:

RNG

Maybe if you give me your handle in game we can farm together for a few hours and talk about this RNGesus again eh? :D
  • Options
    I'd like to see them up the drop rates of the trophies. One of the main reasons I don't spend a lot of time in Chult anymore.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rhaknalmrhaknalm Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I farm chult daily, the only thing thats dropped is the price for lures. i still get lures at the same rate. It is just RNG
  • Options
    mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Don't forget it's RNG for the mobs to appear and more RNG for them to drop hunt lures.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I for example could get about 20 batiri trinkets within 3 hours maximum farming on same spot

You were getting that many trinkets within 3 hours? And you're complaining? I'm on console and let me tell you how many trinkets I've gotten SINCE THE MOD DROPPED. 3-4....total. It sounds more to me like you were lucky as all hell lol.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2018

I for example could get about 20 batiri trinkets within 3 hours maximum farming on same spot

You were getting that many trinkets within 3 hours? And you're complaining? I'm on console and let me tell you how many trinkets I've gotten SINCE THE MOD DROPPED. 3-4....total. It sounds more to me like you were lucky as all hell lol.
    This has been my experience. I've killed thousands of the little pink buggers for my 3-4 trinkets! The only one I"ve found with a decent drop rate is the Ogre.
  • Options
    Ogre is nice when you kill a mob of them and you have like 3 of them laying on the ground.
  • Options
    mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Ogre femur are soon common it's silly. My guild is sitting on 20 of them. Ogres appear more often than the other monsters do and they drop the femur much more often than other monsters drop their lures. All this does is create a massive imbalance in the lures available.

Cryptic should have programmed the different monsters to have similar spawn rates and then to also have similar drop rates.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User

Ogre femur are soon common it's silly. My guild is sitting on 20 of them. Ogres appear more often than the other monsters do and they drop the femur much more often than other monsters drop their lures. All this does is create a massive imbalance in the lures available.

Cryptic should have programmed the different monsters to have similar spawn rates and then to also have similar drop rates.

Only 20 in your guild? My personal guild bank has 20 already and I was not even farming for any. I just do daily and weekly quest. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Ogres dropped way too easily compared with venomtail, trinkets, etc. Our little 5 man group of lure hunters stopped going after ogres after the first month and we still have mailboxes with femurs sitting there.
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    Don't forget that there is randomness on top of more randomness, getting the 2nd and 3rd level lures are already a big RNG pain. By tweaking the random drop chance only slightly the chance of getting the higher level stuff shrinks into infinitesimally small numbers.
  • Options
    marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    I think you have to be crazy to do these hunts. RNG built on RNG built on RNG is just insane. Way too much work and the gear hardly better than other more reasonable to get gear. I took a pass on hunts and will not participate in 13 either.