Install Arc
Options

Winter Fest

2»

Comments

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

oroness said:

The epic sled has just 2 insignia slots... why?

Because they just copied the same spec of "Winter Sled". All 3 "Winter Sled" has the same insignia combination.
    This was my big disappointment for the season. I've gotten green and blue sleds in past years - I worked to get the purple sled this year only to find it's got only 2 insignia slots....

After getting it for one toon, I spent all of the stars for my alts on lights of simril to buy unbound companions instead.
  • Options
    rannxeroxxrannxeroxx Member Posts: 168 Arc User

oroness said:

Because they just copied the same spec of "Winter Sled". All 3 "Winter Sled" has the same insignia combination.
    This was my big disappointment for the season. I've gotten green and blue sleds in past years - I worked to get the purple sled this year only to find it's got only 2 insignia slots....

After getting it for one toon, I spent all of the stars for my alts on lights of simril to buy unbound companions instead.
    My only complain would be that the green one with the bell just looks so much nicer than the "royal" on yet unless you grind for it or get a HAMSTER ton of gift sharing you are not going to get it. Same with the demon sled, that is a real grind for a green.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User

oroness said:

My only complain would be that the green one with the bell just looks so much nicer than the "royal" on yet unless you grind for it or get a HAMSTER ton of gift sharing you are not going to get it. Same with the demon sled, that is a real grind for a green.
    The one with the bell is a blue one. Also, the same 2 insignia slots.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Frankly? Ok its FREE stuff... but what a crock of HAMSTER! On the plus side I got 30 preservation wards, nice, on the bad side I burned 33 on a FAILED 10% upgrade. Great. Fantastic. Other than that - blue items with an iL of 345 or something... really? Worth like 1 RP or something?

And the greed fest and "scam fest" that Zone chat in the Winter Festival has been for the last two weeks?

Thanks for the free stuff, as always, but really it would be nice to get the reward loot updated :smile:
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Zone chat in Winterfest is always the same. LF gift party and scammer alerts.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    eltecheltech Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Zone chat in Winterfest is always the same. LF gift party and scammer alerts.

Except the first year, before they introduced the Gifts, then it was actually fun...
  • Options
    Wasn't even much in the way of fawn puns this year.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I wish they would get rid of those demons on the ice and go back to the goblins, trolls, and giants. That's where the Winterkill emblems come from, after all.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    wow!
    i'd stay with one char
    that unfortunately doesnt need fishing
    out of pure curiosity...

normally chars were always redirected to protectors enclave after any event i've taken part in... :o
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Off topic - but maybe of interest. When the EMs used to open up special places in Ultima Online I would sometimes leave a character there just out of curiosity and the ability to nose around :smile:
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    :)
    nosing around behind the backdrop, that is.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    r000kie said:

Any particular reason the avatars are not expelled from the area now that the even is over, and there is still fishing going on (for SH/campaign currency) let alone gift exchange with the possibility of buying more with stars? I left some avas in the area on purpose to check if what I heard - that some spent months there farming - was true and possible.

As far as I know, this is the first time, the Winter festival instance stays alive after the event is over. For all these years, I always left my characters there before the event is over. I did that only because of my laziness. Also, it appears the after event vendor is available in PE for us to buy gift with stars. I have not checked that out myself but based on the description in Facebook, she should. I expect people will be expelled from Winter festival when the after event vendor leaves town.

Anyway, in the meanwhile, one of my characters will be fishing. It is quieter than when the event was running. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

Off topic - but maybe of interest. When the EMs used to open up special places in Ultima Online I would sometimes leave a character there just out of curiosity and the ability to nose around :smile:

The typical situation is:
    I login with a character.
    The winter festival would be loading. The progress bar in the bottom moved to 3/4. Then, the bar retracted backward.
    Then, it load the PE instance.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    aslan3775 said:

In the spirit of 'repetitiveness', I will ask again that we use the scarves for something other than a discard. I like the ability to get various scarves, but after 20 or so per character, after walking through all the people complaining about freezing to death, why are we 'discarding' all the scarves? Devs--can we please have a minor tweak to the festival so that we can give the scarves to various npcs? Even if we don't get anything for it, (and last year I suggested it be a quest from the Cleric in the Stronghold to obtain influence vouchers) it would still be 'in the spirit' of the festival.

I was thinking the same thing when landing in Bryn Shandar and they are all shivering while I have a bag full of cozy scarves. At least let me use them to stoke the fire or something.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    r000kie said:

this is the first time, the Winter festival instance stays alive after the event is over.

For sure not, because I saw a comment somewhere about it referring to the last year, so I wanted to check.

I don't know how it was done last year, then. As I said, I never left Winter festival in all these years when the event ended. I have 18 toons in there. Yet, all of them were kicked out last year. This year, all of them stay. Mind you that, last year, the event was extended one more week because there was no after event vendor.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    This year they promised to leave 'last chance vendors' after the event ended, I assumed it would be in PE like other events but they just left the area open instead...I would expect it to close up soon, probably Tuesday.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    r000kie said:

And to add, while I'm stuck on insane requirements building my own SH - I have all I need for Marketplace L3, except it requires Guild Hall L6. Really? I'm at GH L4.

Structures can, at max, be half the level of the Hall, rounded down.
  • Options
    mijashimijashi Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Update it or else I'll continue to freeload.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    It is strange to still be parked in Twilight Tor. It's a shame we can't bum around there all year, as the slalom and ski jumps are still lots of fun, and the zone is drop-dead gorgeous. Another nice thing about the extended parking time is that the goblins have returned! I was so happy to see them that I feel terrible killing them when they attack.

Devs, please. Pretty please. Get rid of the demons and return the goblins for next year, or perhaps make it a random chance that one set of enemies will appear instead of the other. That's where the Winterkill Emblems come from, and otherwise the NPC's dialogue about having "Gronkandbonk beat" makes no sense. Putting demons there was pure marketing cheese.
    Post edited by hustin1 on
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The original bosses were a lot better for balance as well since the they didn't move away from the players. The giant Zythars are easy pickings for ranged characters but a PITA for melees.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Another thing I would like to feedback is that the droppings of companions who are supposed to be scarce, for example, Lillend and Alchemy Experimenter, have been decreasing those companions' values.