test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

" Great Success " (Heroic Encounters)

What does it mean to get this? Are you highest dps or is it top 10/5/3 rank at least?

Comments

• Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    It essentially doesn't mean anything. The decent rewards are hidden by such terrible RNG that you'll be doing them all year to get whatever it is you are chasing. You can see this easier when soloing IWP/DV BHE's, whereas someone can pass through the HE, engage nothing and still get a top tier reward. It's just luck.

I cannot speak for other zones, but when soloing IWP/DV HE's you have an increased chance to get the MH/OH for your class than any other item, these items though are always BtC, so good news if you are a GWF searching for a Elk Greataxe.
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    "Moderate sucecess"
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    No idea what that means. I once a while don't get "Great success" at all when I solo the HE (and I usually solo the HE).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    it is type of rewards, but it is HAMSTER and misleading by saying you have great success. you would expect rare and hard to get loots.
  • Options
    ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    According to my own experiences, the more damage you contribute, the higher chance you get Great Success. And in my opinion, the mechanism can be changed in a certain HEs to encourage more balanced participants rather than just encouraging DPS.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    When Mod 3 came out and the first HEs introduced, a dev stated that you got points by dealing damage, taking damage and healing damage. Getting above a certain points threshold gives you Great Success which gives an improved loot table. Each succeeding module seems to have a different threshold, Cloaked Ascendancy being extremely forgiving and Sea of Moving Ice rather harsh. Regardless, if there are tiers of rewards, getting a GS will bump you up to the better tier. Like all Cryptic loot tables, this does not mean you won't get the same trash as Encounter Completed, just that you might not.
    Post edited by pitshade on
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I notice this in stronghold heroics, it seems if you don't participate enough in the Heroic, you can finish it but not get your influence, although you would have to be doing very minimal work to obtain that result.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    orcaccounthahaorcaccounthaha Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hmm. > @pitshade said:
    > When Mod 3 came out and the first HEs introduced, a dev stated that you got points by dealing damage, taking damage and healing damage. Getting above a certain points threshold gives you Great Success which gives an improved loot table. Each succeeding module seems to have a different threshold, Cloaked Ascendancy being extremely forgiving and Sea of Moving Ice rather harsh. Regardless, if there are tiers of rewards, getting a GS will bump you up to the better tier. Like all Cryptic loot tables, this does not mean you won't get the same trash as Encounter Completed, just that you might not.

I see

That makes sense