test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth Question

zxiixzzxiixz Member Posts: 11 Arc User
I have been playing a stealth TR PVE for some time and have run into an issue at the start of combat in Dread Ring and Well of Dragons... I approach a group of MOBs in stealth, as soon as I get in close all the MOBs turn and face me, then 1-2 of them will do 1 attack then stop attacking. I then proceed to take them out one-by-one while stealthed, taking no damage.

In other zones I have tried when I stealth up approaching MOBs they will turn when I get close like they sense I'm there but never attack.

So my question, are the higher level zones working at intended and MOBs can see you for a second at the start of combat despite the TR being stealthed? Is there a bug? Is this caused by server lag?

The odd thing is I can maintain stealth even after taking damage initially and the MOBs never see me again.

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Some monsters are programmed to aoe on aggro... the aggro check overrides the stealth check so these monsters will not basic attack you but will aoe 100% . Other monsters are programmed to attack you in stealth regardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • zxiixzzxiixz Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Some monsters are programmed to aoe on aggro... the aggro check overrides the stealth check so these monsters will not basic attack you but will aoe 100% . Other monsters are programmed to attack you in stealth regardless.

Yeah apparently so. Thanks for the reply.
    When the servers come back up I will try popping Impossible to Catch at the start of combat to absorb a few attacks as I go into stealth... For the MOB packs that get off some attacks. Seems like some do some don't. The packs that do seem to have caster Mage type MOBS in them, at least in Dreadring and Well of Dragons.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you haven't already, try using the class feature Talisman of Shadows. Don't enter stealth until you are close by so that the feature interrupts the mobs' abilities. This is generally effective, but some mobs (mostly in Chult so not a concern here) seem to have no cooldown on interrupted attacks. Even so, it is an effective tactic most of the time. Paired up with Smoke Bomb, it stops the mobs from getting a free hit on you before the daze effects them.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    My standard solo attack, is to stealth around a mob set to the position where I can dazing strike the majority - drop smoke - DF/SF anything left alive. Yes they see you, and yes sometimes they can seem to attack you, but DS them en masse followed by Sb and they won't live long enouth to tell the tale.
    pitshade said:

If you haven't already, try using the class feature Talisman of Shadows. Don't enter stealth until you are close by so that the feature interrupts the mobs' abilities. This is generally effective, but some mobs (mostly in Chult so not a concern here) seem to have no cooldown on interrupted attacks. Even so, it is an effective tactic most of the time. Paired up with Smoke Bomb, it stops the mobs from getting a free hit on you before the daze effects them.

Nice I will give it a try. Thanks

My standard solo attack, is to stealth around a mob set to the position where I can dazing strike the majority - drop smoke - DF/SF anything left alive. Yes they see you, and yes sometimes they can seem to attack you, but DS them en masse followed by Sb and they won't live long enouth to tell the tale.

I will try it, thanks.