test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will-o-wisp companion

abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
Greetings!

I've just bought (few days ago) a Will-O'-Wisp companion, and played a good hour with it active I've noticed the following errors.
Once I start to ride a mount after 2-3 secs - randomly- the companion becomes visible (summons itself while im riding to whatever direction) and pulls the encounters that I've passed by (avoided). Annoying thing is, that it has an extremly low movement speed and I'm often 200-250m ahead and fighting an encounter (without bounding bonueses) while it's flying in the air slowly and trying to catch me up.

I often fight the 2nd encounter already once it reaches me, but it wont proc the bounding bonuses instantly (thou I use 3x rank 12 boundings). Once it reaches me, it stops 2-3m away, then it goes - still slowly - to a mob and makes that "Zap" attack. Isn't that/shouldn't it be a spell which can be casted ranged? Because it looks like that it has an extreme low casting distance (nearly melee distance). Often the fight is over, before it gets into action. Never experienced such with a yeti, or black scorpion for example. They never spawned while I was riding the land on a mount, they instantly started to attack once I got hit or I made my move in a fight.

I throw out many hunderds of thousands of AD and its totally useles in this form.

Please take a look at the companion and make an update to it.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerelly

KaiJimbo

Ps.: Sorry for the bad english!
Hide The Pain Harold!

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    This has been reported before. The various sprite companions do the exact same thing.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    abwabwabaabwabwaba Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I'm sorry! Tried to use search, but didn't find anything. Thank you for respond and the correction. Didn't try those sprites yet.
    Hide The Pain Harold!
  • Options
    hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    Resurrecting this thread as it appears to be the most recent, and I'm running into the same issue... still.

I did some forum searching, and it seems the companion was released in December 2013, and this specific bug was reported a month later. I get that there's probably not a lot of people who use these companions anymore, but a full four years seems like a long time to leave a bug in play.

I, for one, love having the Will o' Wisp companion summoned - especially in places like Chult, where it can (and does) interrupt those interrupts.

Please, devs, take a few minutes to track this bug down and fix it so there's a few more viable companions to use.