test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Movement Speed, can I improve it?

tacredlinetacredline Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm new. I've been trying out all 8 classes and got them all to levels 15-26.

I've noticed that my Warlock and GW Fighter level A LOT faster due to their dodge movement feature. I would really rather play my Cleric but he is SO SLOW, Is there anyway to get him to move that fast?

Thanks!
Rich

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    SW, TR and GF also have class features that increases speed.

Dark enchantments in Utility slots and the Gladiator's Guile mount insignia bonus. There are some pieces of equipment that have movement stat but until you max level, the gear gets swapped out rather often.

Gladiator's seems to work better in conjunction with other speed boosts. All of the various boosts probably stack multiplicatively like many buffs, so try stacking various kinds.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    So you say "level" a lot faster. If you actually meant "level" - I have no idea what you are talking about.

But assuming you instead meant "move" a lot faster, then those two classes have designed dodge mechanics devoted to speed. None of the other classes currently have that capability, as you've noted. There is no mechanism in the game currently that allows you to give another class (DC or GF, for example) the run mechanic of a GWF or SW.

However, general movement speed can be increased by equipment (many pieces of armor and jewelry have +XX movement equip bonus), and by slotting dark enchants into utility slots (head, arms, feet and - at level 60+, artifact belts).

Some artifacts also have +movement as one of their attributes. You can also increase movement speed with the equipment you put on your companion(s) and which insignia you place into your stable of mounts. If you have purple level mounts - some mount bonuses can contribute to higher movement speeds as well.

And when you start earning boons - most boon trees offer at least one option that includes a movement speed bonus.

And depending on your class - some powers and feats can increase movement speed under certain conditions.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Thanks for the reply. I do mean Level a lot faster since my Warlock can sprint all over dungeons and maps to complete them way faster than my cleric who walks very slowly. It's a long, slow, walk.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    If you want to "level" faster, put azure to utility slot. If you want to "move" faster, put dark to utility slot.
    However, your characters are around level 26. I don't remember if their gears have utility slot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    IIRC by that point at least some of the gear has enchantment slots. I think Neverdeath is the tipping point.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Thanks for the reply. I do mean Level a lot faster since my Warlock can sprint all over dungeons and maps to complete them way faster than my cleric who walks very slowly. It's a long, slow, walk.

Ok - so to level faster - obviously focus on your main right now - 2x XP all this week. As noted above put Azure enchants into any utility equip slot you have available - the higher the enchant level, the higher the % extra XP earned per enchant.

If you are in a Guild - at a sufficiently high Guild level you also can choose a +XP boon from the guild's Utility boon list.

Also, if you haven't already invested in VIP this would be a good time to do so - you start earning 10% extra XP on all toons starting with level 1, and the % goes up from there with additional levels. And with 2x XP running right now that is magnified twice as much.

Once you get to - I think it's level 30 - start doing the Tyranny quests too - you earn XP faster that way (and the first boons you can earn in the game, outside of PVP or Stronghold/Guild).

As soon as you can get a toon to level 60, jump on the Underdark campaign. The quests in that campaign have the highest per quest XP rewards in the game (that I've seen). During 2x XP some of the quests grant over 100k XP each, which is magnified if you are running all Azure enchants in your utility slots, and even more if you have VIP status.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Awesome thanks for the replies!!! I guess I will stick with my Warlock since he's so fast. I got him to level 26 in one evening of play with an XP booster.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Also if you are after fast leveling, verses enjoying the story line, you can skip zones that your level is too high for, such as at level 26, skip any content that is for level 25 or below and go for the higher quest zones, like level 27+, they give more XP per quest.

Also if part of a guild there are daily dungeon quests, do X dungeon today. These quests give a fairly high amount of XP compared to regular quests.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I once felt the same as you however now at end game my alt GWF's and SW's are some of my slowest!!

TR's are great for speed running 3 man dungeons they move nice and fast.
    GF as Swordmaster have great speed as well and can be combined with Into the Fray encounter which gives a big speed boost.

You can put dark enchantments in your equipment utility slots. You can also get a mount bonus "Gladiators Guile" that will boost speed big time!
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

I once felt the same as you however now at end game my alt GWF's and SW's are some of my slowest!!

TR's are great for speed running 3 man dungeons they move nice and fast.
    GF as Swordmaster have great speed as well and can be combined with Into the Fray encounter which gives a big speed boost.

You can put dark enchantments in your equipment utility slots. You can also get a mount bonus "Gladiators Guile" that will boost speed big time!

Oh good news! I really like my 25 cleric but his dps and move are so bad compared to my 26 Warlock.

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Also if you are after fast leveling, verses enjoying the story line, you can skip zones that your level is too high for, such as at level 26, skip any content that is for level 25 or below and go for the higher quest zones, like level 27+, they give more XP per quest.

Also if part of a guild there are daily dungeon quests, do X dungeon today. These quests give a fairly high amount of XP compared to regular quests.

Except neverdeath... don't skip Neverdeath because the area gives you a bag for completing it. Also the Seer of Savras storyline rewards you with a bag at some point also.

• Options
    leftpath13leftpath13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I have a TR, item level 14.5 without any guild boons. I turned him into a speed based char out of boredom, and against the better judgement of the more exp players. In addition to the dark utility slotting, buy a Chicken, the Orcus artifact, Air artifact and Aurora's catalogue artifact. In addition to the gladiator mount boon, artificer's persuasion is great too. With those and Mako's ring you will be very fast, 32% run speed before entering stealth or activationg the artifacts or companion boost. I don't even summon my mount for dragon farms. It's a fun kit to play, but you will be sacrificing alot of stats for that speed.
  • Options
    leftpath13leftpath13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Also, use mounts with 3 insignia slots and vigor, vigor and vigor. Some of the purple mounts offer a 2000 movement bonus; I chose to keep that instead of slotting a gold boon; again, sacrifice. And a nice aug companion with ring slots is a giant boost if you have any hunter's rings to give it.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Here is one nobody mentioned..they have mentioned mounts with buff......but the insignia that go in them! The eye shaped on has somethingof properity and it adds (at green level) +2% xp,gold and glory, that would lvl you with that one insignia 2% faster with gold and glory as a bonus. You can slot muliple copy and it stacks (just need more mounts to slot them to.

An other insignia has (green) +100 movement and +50 something else, think pet influence. That's not +100% but +100 to the movement stat you have on you character pane, the higher you buff that, the faster your base movement is buffed (you can hover cursor over the movement stat and it will tell in a % how much faster movement makes you travel.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    I am a XP bonus nut. I have a 2nd set of XP gear for the toons I play. For those who are mostly idle, they would be in XP loadout:

Inscribed underwear
    5 regular utility slots with azure.
    5 mount filled with blue insignia of Prosperity. Blue insignia is dirt cheap.
    Extra utility slot with azure from Mako's ring (but that is not applicable to OP).
    30% XP bonus guild boon.
    Do leadership. That gives you XP. I pick the tasks that give high XP/hour + whatever coffer that makes sense to have.
    Make sure XP gear is on when claiming leadership or getting back to the quest giver.

With XP gear set on, my toons would be +106% to +120% XP bonus. It was even higher than that until I moved the higher rank Azure back to a new character I am playing.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    AWESOME. Thanks to all of you! :D