test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Returning] RAD, Refining, and Bonding Runestone

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited December 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi. I hadn't played for more than 1.5 year and missed out three modules:
  • Storm King's Thunder
  • The Cloaked Ascendancy
  • Tomb of Annihilation
Since many things have been changed, some advices regarding the following questions would be much appreciated:

1. Rough Astral Diamond

I remember that, in the past, completing epic dungeons, skirmishes, and PvPs giving a certain amount of RAD each day. But today I tried Throne of the Dwarven Gods two times and didn't receive RAD on completion. Was the RAD removed from the daily rewards?

2. Refining

Do we no longer need to stockpile RP materials in our inventories for the 2x RP Event and is it okay to simply convert any RP material into RP as soon as we get it? Does the 2x RP Event still exist?

3. Bonding Runestone

Is this runestone still worthwhile? The rank 14 now says it grants you 65% of your Companion's stats for 30 seconds. Can slotting three rank 14 Bonding Runestones grants 195% of your Companion's stats and also be able to have nearly 100% uptime?
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @rickcase276

Thanks. Should I save my Refinement Points for evens like 2x RP Event (if there are such events)? Can multiple bondings trigger at the same time and stack the granted stats?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User

@rickcase276

Thanks. Should I save my Refinement Points for evens like 2x RP Event (if there are such events)? Can multiple bondings trigger at the same time and stack the granted stats?

There is no more 2x RP event. The RP requirement was cut in half. Dev considers that as 2xRP everyday instead of a specific day.
    Bonding bonus are triggered at the same time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited December 2017

There is no more 2x RP event. The RP requirement was cut in half. Dev considers that as 2xRP everyday instead of a specific day.

Thank you. Can bonding bonuses stack to 195% and have nearly 100% uptime?
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

Should I save my Refinement Points for evens like 2x RP Event (if there are such events)?

There is an event where RP falls roughly 2x as much as usual.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Yes. As long as your companion can hit once in 20 seconds, it is 100% uptime.
    Thank you!

greywynd said:

Should I save my Refinement Points for evens like 2x RP Event (if there are such events)?

Excuse me, but I failed to understand that. Do you mean there is an event who gives us as much as 2x RP?
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Excuse me, but I failed to understand that. Do you mean there is an event who gives us as much as 2x RP?

I think this refers to the 2xEnchants event, where various drops are doubled - it does not affect any RPs you already have, though.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    3. Bonding rune stones are BiS because of power sharing from OP/DC in parties. The bonus from bonding rune stones now all proc at the same time so 3 x R14 bondings will give you 195% of companion's stats for 30 seconds including whatever power it receives from power share coming from OP/DC.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    adinosii said:

I think this refers to the 2xEnchants event, where various drops are doubled - it does not affect any RPs you already have, though.
    Thanks. So it's fine to start converting gems into RP.

akanaro said:

3. Bonding rune stones are BiS because of power sharing from OP/DC in parties. The bonus from bonding rune stones now all proc at the same time so 3 x R14 bondings will give you 195% of companion's stats for 30 seconds including whatever power it receives from power share coming from OP/DC.

Are they BiS for a soloing CW, too?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited December 2017

Are they BiS for a soloing CW, too?

Bonding runestone (especially when you are talking about 3xR14) is BiS runestone for any class.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    pitshade said:

At R9, 3 bondings give slightly more stats than an augment (without Eldritch) and have the bonus of a summoned pet that may be useful in fights. The downside is that they sometimes (frequently in Chult, less so other places) will pull other mobs. I think the plusses outweigh the negatives and aestheticly, they are better than most augments.

Thanks for the info!

mattsacre said:

As o answer you question:

Yes. As long as your companion can hit once in 20 seconds, it is 100% uptime.
    Thank you!

greywynd said:

They did a new thing last holiday weekend..capped it at 40kRP per character total (don't think anyone reached 40k despite all the forum grousing about a cap since the earn rate was so low). The new RP system treats RP as a currency and you stock like money and spend on demand. The event trickled RP right into your RP "bank" every few kills or so of mobs within 7 lvls of your lvl. The tally "+"ed like when you pick up gold, in the lower right of your screen after a kill. After running a dungeon or skirm, if you checked you currency tab, you would find your RP had increased by 2-200 depending on how much you killed. Nothing earth moving.

If you check the calendar you will see more of that "event" right were the former 2xRP event used to be.
    Thank you! I see.