test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

12b PvP Damage Calculator

darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
edited December 2017 in PvP Discussion
So thanks to @bvira I got this idea in my head that I should make this for myself. I am still gearing my PVP toon, and don't want to do it wrong. It costs too much to make the wrong stuff. This should be fairly accurate for the variables accounted for, but there are situations that cannot be simulated, such as flat mitigation. The optimizer section doesn't take into account lifesteal or recovery though, so you will likely need to tailor your input to account for the recovery and lifesteal you plan to build.

This tool should be able to accurately calculate damage output against a specific target, as well as calculate effective hit point total against a specific attacker. This is useful for min-maxing your critical strike, power, and armor pen for offense, and defense, deflect, and hp for defense. It comes with a brute force optimization method (big thanks to @micky1p00 for pointing on the script editor for google sheets) to try and help you determine the maximum benefit you can get out of a limited stat pool. Note that this can take a very long time to process for large pools of stats, or even throw errors if it takes too long, so try and keep your values inside a reasonably realistic stat set. Note that the optimizer also gives stats in multiples of 1000.

Please let me know if you have any questions on how it works, or find any issues with it. I have very little motivation for adding new features though, so it would probably take an army or two to get me working on additional optimizers :smiley:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aPAuX6YOPWMPBdVga0Yr1BbJddYQqjuvzGJa6LaFrWk

Note that if you don't understand exactly how weapon enchants work, you should avoid trying to add them in the damage calculator.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

Post edited by darthtzarr on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    Nice work ! Thanks for sharing.

I am curious: I've seen

RI = .01*((((70*0.9)^0.9)+41)*(ArP/9977.011)^0.85)

used in several places. Where did you get this from? Did the devs disclosed the exact formula? Or did someone fit a curve to {ArP, RI} data by minimising a loss function and that was the best fit equation?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • Options

Nice work ! Thanks for sharing.

I am curious: I've seen

RI = .01*((((70*0.9)^0.9)+41)*(ArP/9977.011)^0.85)

used in several places. Where did you get this from? Did the devs disclosed the exact formula? Or did someone fit a curve to {ArP, RI} data by minimising a loss function and that was the best fit equation?

I am not sure. I just grabbed it from @bvira 's

• Options
    Also, I believe critical severity's PVP effectiveness is at 60%, not 40%, unless further changes to the below have been made:

Update:

Found the bug where crit damage versus players was being massively overnerfed. The system should now be working as described in the original post (that is, the crit severity is being reduced in PvP, but not the total crit damage, so you should never be worse off for having crit), which is what's intended.

Or, in the immortal words of @macjae, "rather than 1.75 x 0.6, it should be 1 + (0.75 x 0.6)".

Fixed on our end, and hopefully you all should be seeing the fix on preview sometime next week.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234304/official-feedback-thread-pvp-changes/p6
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @nezdin#5514 it was changed in 12b to this

Which is 1 + (0.75 x 0.4)

• Options

Thanks for sharing that! I wonder if the devs wrote an official post about this. Do you also know if it applies to crit severity of weapon enchants like dread that do not appear on the sheet?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Thanks for sharing that! I wonder if the devs wrote an official post about this. Do you also know if it applies to crit severity of weapon enchants like dread that do not appear on the sheet?
    It does apply to weapon enchantments as far as I know. I currently use a Dread in PVP because I am too cheap and lazy to get a Feytouched at the moment (and Dread doesn't do a whole lot).

• Options
    etelgrin said:

it generally applies to critical severity as whole which (all source) in PvP isn't anything you should be stacking.
    Ye that's basically what the calculator shows. Crit Severity is still pretty lackluster in pvp. At least crits don't do less damage than normal hits now.