test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hero of the North pack - VIP?

nickdyrgnickdyrg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello!
I see the VIP mentioned in the pack description on the website (http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/game-pack/detail/261-hero-of-the-north-pack), but in game there's a system where you have VIP levels and VIP access.
Does anyone know what exactly does the VIP in this package do in game? Is it eternal VIP (always get the VIP bonus according to your level), 1 month, does it give any VIP points/levels, etc... ?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Hello,

It's a 4 year old pack, the VIP mentionned here has nothing to do with in game VIP, and is not relevant anymore.

This pack is a scam, too expensive for old content.
  • Options
    nickdyrgnickdyrg Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Hello,

It's a 4 year old pack, the VIP mentionned here has nothing to do with in game VIP, and is not relevant anymore.

This pack is a scam, too expensive for old content.

Too bad =(

Anyway, thanks for the info! Happy Holidays!
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    The VIP offered by the pack is explained:

"When server loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access."

That's it. In theory if still honored it would have some value, but only if so many people were trying to play that it caused a waiting line to get in to the game.

Nothing to do with the VIP system, but a little clarity would be nice, even if just erasing this from the pack description.

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Queuing to get into Neverwinter made me laugh ;)
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I know it's not much of a bonus, but do you still get the 'Hero of the North' forum title?
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

I know it's not much of a bonus, but do you still get the 'Hero of the North' forum title?

I got mine a year or two ago and I don't have that title.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    IIRC you have to talk to the staff to get the titles enabled. I looked for the thread discussing it last week but turned up nothing.

There are forum titles for the first three packs and Beta users as well as the Mod9 playtesters.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    rangerlenierrangerlenier Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I just won one of these from steel series, apparently worth $200. short story. my ssd died and my pc had to be rebuilt. reloaded arc and neverwinter. loaded up and redeemed the key. then noticed it was on the wrong account. this was an old acc that my kids used, not been active for years. what do you think they said when i asked them to help?
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Sorry. Nothing good to say here. How many layers of confirmation did you have to go through to get to this point?
  • Options
    none, filed a ticket and they said no
  • Options
    What I meant was, when you re-installed ARC *and* the game and you had to (1) enter the login, start (and login to) the client(?) and saw the available characters, etc. When was the first time you had a chance to say 'oops, wrong acct'?
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    litaaers said:

What I meant was, when you re-installed ARC *and* the game and you had to (1) enter the login, start (and login to) the client(?) and saw the available characters, etc. When was the first time you had a chance to say 'oops, wrong acct'?

You don't login to the game to redeem keys. And some use beackup software, or images, in that case, restoring the backup on the new SSD, will still have the logged in info of the old account at the time of the backup. Depending on the account guard, it may not prompt anything at all to redeem the key.
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

litaaers said:

You don't login to the game to redeem keys.
    Do you need to login to ARC?

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    litaaers said:

micky1p00 said:

litaaers said:

You don't login to the game to redeem keys.
    Do you need to login to ARC?

If the login was saved as part of the image and the account guard didn't expire it, then no, you wont have to do anything. Same way that you don't need to login to steam, arc, battlenet, or any other thing each time you activate them.
  • Options
    Then that's a terrible shame. Nothing that could be done, except be a little more careful when redeeming something so valuable.
  • Options
    i grovels and thought as its xmas, maybe they'd show a bit of compassion?.....something else?............nope