test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Console 12b Prep

jakkal#5309 jakkal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Ps4 pleb here. Been trying to prep for 12b swapping gems and whatnot. Could use some feedback I suppose on my companions too.

To double check, r12 bondings go from 95 to 55 right? No power loss? Same active time as well or did they do through with the 50% uptime.

My companions
-Sellsword (legendary)
-Erinyes of belial (epic)+10% crit sev
-Dancing blade(epic) +5% crit sev
-Boar(epic) +2% crit sev
-Starldorf(epic)+5% combat advantage damage

I know they aren't the standard Archon seigemaster owlbear cub dps setup but I hate cookie cutter dps.

I'm scared of what will happen 12b. My 13k SW feels underwhelming already. 10k deadly curses. Essence defiles from 9 to 20kish. Souls scorches from 70 to 120ish on dummy's. Am I that trash or is it just the sad state of affairs for scourges?

Comments

• Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Why so many crit severity pets?
  • Options
    jakkal#5309 jakkal Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I became obsessed with crit, crit sev, and combat advantage damage a while back. Half orc with as much crit sev and charisma I could stack. At 31 char and 137.5 before potions and weapon enchants.

I swapped the starldorf for a Cambion Magus.
  • Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    You have way too many crit severity pets, you shouldn't have any as SW to begin with, get +% damage companions like siege master, air and earth archons (fire has bad uptime but when it works makes you hit very hard, your choice) and if you run a GF/GWF who marks well, the War Boar. If you run endgame content with the same group always, the tamed velociraptor is a cheap and good option as long as everyone has it.

Your companions are one of the reasons why your toon isn't performing as you'd want it to (the class is the worst damage dealer at the moment as well) and by the sounds of it your CON may be on the low side, get tiefling with a roll of 18 CON 18 CHA or human with 18 CON 16 CHA and spent all ability points on CON and CHA. If your CHA is that side you most likely aren't using the Orcus set so switch to that as well.
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Getting too many crit severity pets, specially with half-orc, is not a good idea for any class. Combat advantage pets also lost a lot of their value on a patch a while back (maybe around the time staldorf came about, don't remeber exactly). Ideally you wouldn't get more than an erinyes for crit severity.
    The damage increase you got from adding a cambion magus, assuming you were at 100% crit chance, were at 127% crit sev before magus and not using vorpal or dread was around 4% overall damage. If you use vorpal that would be around 3.5% increase. That's when not taking combat advantage into account, in which case the gain from the magus would be even less. A siege master for example would be a flat 4% increase, no matter your current crit chance or severity.
    It's important to get 100% crit chance and a high severity, just not at the cost of damage increasing pets.
  • Options
    laimcelllaimcell Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Mod12b has made me even stronger as SW, change your companions as other said and in general follow the guides that are online. SW are behind other classes, ok, but I'm afraid that most players don't even try to be good with their SW hiding behind the "we are super nerfed" excuse! Read guides and play/train is the solution!!
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    laimcell said:

Mod12b has made me even stronger as SW, change your companions as other said and in general follow the guides that are online. SW are behind other classes, ok, but I'm afraid that most players don't even try to be good with their SW hiding behind the "we are super nerfed" excuse! Read guides and play/train is the solution!!

I tried but there is no way, except running a bugged setup that will get you only near a competetive striker.
    You end up at half the dps other striker are able to deal (if at all), but maybe every warlock on PC is simply underperforming.
    Many left the class, since you will only run endcontent with your guild or friends, and even your online friends will lose interest in the company of your lock the longer the mod will last.
    The solution you call "train" is nothing than the fact that you might run that known bugged setup like all I met that deal decent damage. Maybe you did not recognize it yourself.
    100% of "legit locks" I met with my DC are underwhelming and pityfull in dps, all of them 100%, and it´s not the player, it´s the class.