test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time to nerf something ?

13min t9g, the whole dungeon is mostly a running/door simulator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASB4zmJ3Khk

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    #nerfdriderserverspeedrunstrats

(nice speedrun, by the way)

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Disable defeat me option from a dungeon and also if we gonna have those behaviors add everywhere path block like in fbi and sp( SP you cant progress if you dont kill some of the monsters).
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Disable defeat me option from a dungeon and also if we gonna have those behaviors add everywhere path block like in fbi and sp( SP you cant progress if you dont kill some of the monsters).

A path block is acceptable if something needs to be done.

Disabling "defeat me" in dungeons is, honestly, one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

So because some minor part of the community can run something in 13 minutes let's penalize THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY from using a feature that helps get out of many glitchy situations in dungeons.

A path block is acceptable if something needs to be done.

Disabling "defeat me" in dungeons is, honestly, one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

So because some minor part of the community can run something in 13 minutes let's penalize THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY from using a feature that helps get out of many glitchy situations in dungeons.
    Have you ever hear about the unstuck ?

The gm help use is also in another dungeon( no details no calling the name " forum rules") i will say to be kind 50% of the server which is over than the minor part of the community .
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Have you ever hear about the unstuck ?

Yes, I've heard of using the unstuck option. It doesn't help at all when we glitch in eLol right after the scorpions because a TR drops a smokebomb and the mobs won't drop. You know what does help? Defeating yourself.

I'm not talking about situations where you're stuck in anything. I'm talking about when the game has glitched or you can't lose aggro in some situations without defeating yourself like my example above.

And I apologize beforehand but I did not understand a word you were trying to say in your 2nd statement.

Regardless, I'll repeat, so because a minority can run the hardest content in this fashion a feature of the game should be disabled?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Time to force all enemies be cleared before moving forward.

Remove private que.

No nerfing, just adjustments to ensure team make up is 1-1-3 and all adds have to be cleared.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Time to force all enemies be cleared before moving forward.

Remove private que.

No nerfing, just adjustments to ensure team make up is 1-1-3 and all adds have to be cleared.

Have you actually run T9G?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I've seen a GF doing that kind of damage with griffon's wrath once. I still don't understand what's wrong with it but it clearly needs to be fixed/reworked.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    artifleur said:

I've seen a GF doing that kind of damage with griffon's wrath once. I still don't understand what's wrong with it but it clearly needs to be fixed/reworked.

It is no secret, that a GF using "Knights challenge" (double damage) + ITF + GW is on par or better than GWF in focus damage, if build as dps. 3x15 mio crits from Griffons Wrath in a row, instead of 3x7 mio. Sure you have to time coordinate your buffs for doing so, and be carefull to not get oneshotted, only skilled player are able to do so imo.

artifleur said:

It is no secret, that a GF using "Knights challenge" (double damage) + ITF + GW is on par or better than GWF in focus damage, if build as dps. 3x15 mio crits from Griffons Wrath in a row, instead of 3x7 mio. Sure you have to time coordinate your buffs for doing so, and be carefull to not get oneshotted, only skilled player are able to do so imo.
    The main problem is the skip with the above methods monsters. I mean we didnt build our characters to kill ourselves with gm help.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

artifleur said:

It's more to it that that, but additionally, it's also a pain in the HAMSTER to use.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User

artifleur said:

It's more to it that that, but additionally, it's also a pain in the HAMSTER to use.
    Mark, WMS, KC, tenser/crystal, 3xGW, anything missing, except that if you would time all buffs from teammates that 15 mio might be far more ?
    Not much science about it imo.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    So to do a 13 min run - you don't bother to kill much, glitch through the doors and basically don't do the dungeon other than bosses? I don't know that anything needs a nerf other than the ability to just skip the dungeon.

Seems rather boring.

I mean congrats on the speed run... but I don't know that I'd want to run a dungeon that way I play the game to slaughter things and get loot - since these dungeons don't actually drop much in the way of loot I have to get my kicks from killing stuff.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

So to do a 13 min run - you don't bother to kill much, glitch through the doors and basically don't do the dungeon other than bosses? I don't know that anything needs a nerf other than the ability to just skip the dungeon.

Seems rather boring.

I mean congrats on the speed run... but I don't know that I'd want to run a dungeon that way I play the game to slaughter things and get loot - since these dungeons don't actually drop much in the way of loot I have to get my kicks from killing stuff.

Like I said, force players to kill adds. That alone would eliminate the 10-15 minute runs.

This is very common though today in MMOs. Skip adds, get to the boss and kill the boss. Rinse and repeat. Quick run equals more runs in for the group and more runs can equate to a chance at possibly more loot.

I know one game where the devs did force add to be killed. You know what it did? The speed runs went from under 8 minutes to 10 minutes. OMG, two minutes more the devs are evil. LOL....

Forcing to kill X amount of adds before accessing the boss should be implemented in all dungeons.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Add a meaningful reward for actually clearing the dungeon. And maybe a "The Cleaner" title for doing it umpteen number of times. That way there is SOME incentive to clear the adds without hindering those that want to just speed run.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    NO! No damn way I should have to kill all mobs in Cloak Tower speed runs.

And get rid of private ques?

Are you crazy? Why? Wouldn’t this prohibit me from playing the game the way I like it? With who I want?

You probably want to enforce the tank, healer, 3 DPS grouping too...
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    Well, i have maybe an different point of view about speedrunvideos.

For me, they are not only made how fast an dungeon could be completed, it is more an thing like:

"Hey People, we like to show you what is possible, if you know the classes as good as possible, if you are able to get very good/excellent/Bis Gear, and if you are able to build an party in that lineup."

Sure, the last point with the lineup, had an huge impact in the community, bc as others mentioned before, people wants always the "easy way", or are thinking, every content is only doable with the so called "meta group", even if it is T1, T2, skirmishes...

I had often an good laugh when someone are asking in the PE or lfg chat: "Lf 1x Op, 1x Gf, 2xDc 14k+ (2x eTos, 2x eSot)

but back to the video

Is such an video for me an "legit" Speedrun try?

Sorry to say...No

I would be more impressed, if they had made an "full clear" try, with an good teamplay to manage the trashmob and burn the Bosses.

But thats none of my Business

*take a nip of an cup of tea*