test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

black firday????

welshdemonwelshdemon Member Posts: 48 Arc User
i take it we not hving any big discounts this friday just the zen rewards that sucks been saving my zen ot get packs to finish off campaigns might as well use them now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited November 2017
    If the company has any plans they have not publicly discussed them however they have never historically advertised the Black Friday or Cyber Monday Sales in advance.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    I would expect to see a 50% off Zen store sale on Black Friday... there has been one every year. They never announce them until the day it happens though.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Well, occasionally they announce it inadvertently on the preview server :)
  • Options
    sorcerer2001sorcerer2001 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

I would expect to see a 50% off Zen store sale on Black Friday... there has been one every year. They never announce them until the day it happens though.

Last year it was 40% off zen store sale on Black Friday.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    If there is a sale, it should be seen as a bonus, not an obligation by the company
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Last year it was 40% off zen store sale on Black Friday.
    To be more precise, it was 40% off for the entire Black Friday Weekend. The official blog post on the subject is still available:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/10280243-black-friday-weekend-sale-40%-off-everything!

I would not be surprised if they do the same again this year.

• Options
    zergyzerg#9353 zergyzerg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hi Arc,

The tiered promotional items started at 7:30am, but the additional 25% zen was announced around 9:30am.

Will you consider giving the 25% zen to those who topped up between 7:30am to 9:29am?
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    I miss the old 80% off, Black Friday discounts...

I believe they reduced it to 60% the next year and now it's at 40%. I hope it doesn't go any lower, especially since I believe there have also been price increases for several items (like bank slots) in the Zen market as well since I started playing.

One would think that with more people playing, (I remember the big announcement about having 1,000,000 registered users not too long ago) the price of items would be going down instead of up since there are more people available to purchase more items, but it is what it is...
    DD~
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    dionchi said:

I believe they reduced it to 60% the next year and now it's at 40%. I hope it doesn't go any lower, especially since I believe there have also been price increases for several items (like bank slots) in the Zen market as well since I started playing.

One would think that with more people playing, (I remember the big announcement about having 1,000,000 registered users not too long ago) the price of items would be going down instead of up since there are more people available to purchase more items, but it is what it is...

it was 40% last year
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

dionchi said:

They have never done 80% off for Neverwinter. Nor have they ever done 60% off. Where are you getting your information?
    He's probably confusing the 80% off zen store services with black friday.
    And for that matter, they still do that sometimes. It happened this year too iirc.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    -deleted-
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I thought they did do 80% then 60% off, but yeah it could have been zen store services instead of black friday because I myself almost maxed out my character slots and a friend of mine bought several bank slots, did max out his character slots and also purchased other items because the price seemed irresistible at the time...

But then I've been playing since they used to include 600,000 astral diamonds and I believe threee (not one) character slots in the Guardian of Neverwinter kits too, so things do tend to jumble together after a while.

But for some reason I was sure it was a black friday event.
    DD~
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

dionchi said:

They have never done 80% off for Neverwinter. Nor have they ever done 60% off. Where are you getting your information?
    Very occasionally they've done things like 80% off character slots.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited November 2017
    dionchi said:

I thought they did do 80% then 60% off, but yeah it could have been zen store services instead of black friday because I myself almost maxed out my character slots and a friend of mine bought several bank slots, did max out his character slots and also purchased other items because the price seemed irresistible at the time...

But then I've been playing since they used to include 600,000 astral diamonds and I believe threee (not one) character slots in the Guardian of Neverwinter kits too, so things do tend to jumble together after a while.

But for some reason I was sure it was a black friday event.

Nah, I listed all the previous Black Friday sales, with links, in this Reddit thread as there were a lot of people spreading misinformation about what to expect.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    I LOVE black-fir day! Those black firs smell so good as the smoulder on the fire!