test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jackpot Joy... and a dilemma

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
So opened a box expecting to get the usual low value items and I gets an Ultimate Enchanting Stone! [Yes what's the chance of that?]

I will never ever be needing this as my life isn't long enough to worry about BiS.

So the question is what would you spend a cool million AD on as a il 12.7k GF?

Advice needed please!

Comments

• Options
    zanaspus1zanaspus1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I'm in much the same spot as you as BiS is not on my radar. That said. I tend to hoard windfalls of AD. There's always going to be things you want down the line.
  • Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    so far, I've found that the super great random lottery prizes . . .

are worth keeping until you figure out where to use them yourself
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Sell the stuff when it has hot price especially when you can't use it in near future (and you are not AD rich). Remember whatever hot in the past is or will be cheap.

I agree especially on this like these enchanting stones. They are bound to get cheaper as:
    1) the whales all get back to BiS and stop buying them for exorbitant prices
    2) more people gear their toons up for and start running ToNG
    3) new mobs are introduced with new gear and more power creep making ToNG easier even for those that aren't keeping up with the latest content because it's not the latest content now.
    4) those new mods introduce yet more places they drop from, possibly at higher rates because they are "harder"
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Sell it.

and if you haven't got a legendary companion yet, get one of those - 1million AD
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Sell it, convert to zen, buy more VIP to open more boxes, to get more loot, to sell for AD to convert to zen, to buy more VIP to...........round and round it goes :)
  • Options
    ase#2329 ase Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    get some r12 bounding if you don't own then already
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Sell the stuff when it has hot price especially when you can't use it in near future (and you are not AD rich). Remember whatever hot in the past is or will be cheap.

Best advice.

Bear in mind BiS gear has a limited shelf life in this game anyway. If you are still playing this game a year from now - odds are very, very good whatever is BiS now won't be by then.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Stack the artifact boxes until 2xenchants and runes! You would have gotten 2 of them :)

How to spend it is not something we can answer for you without exploring what you currently have! Usually a good boost is in bonding stones! Get them ranked up!
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Thanks all! Some very helpful advice :)
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Definitely sell now while the prices are high. Like others have said, without knowing what you have it's hard to say what you need. Unfortunately, a million AD doesn't go very far in the grand scheme of things. I remember getting my first million and thinking "what can i get, what can i get". One visit to the AH later and I was left saying "not much....".