test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ultimate Enchantment Stone Drop Rate

cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
Many people say its around 2%, which seems to be true in my experience as well so far.

I need 6 of them to get my armor and weapon enchantments up. That means I need to run T9G 300 times.
I don't want to run this dungeon 300 times.
Do devs really believe that they designed the dungeon so well that people wouldn't get bored after running it for 300 times? Is it even possible to design a dungeon that well?
That is not even counting any other enchants that people might want to upgrade.
If I want to upgade all my offense and defense enchants thats 72 of those stones in total. That means to get a character to BiS, T9G must be run 3600 times. If a person was determined and run 5 of them each day, it would still take them 2 years to manage that.

With every run taking 20 minutes, thats 1200 hours of gameplay, doing same thing over and over again.
Please end this. I just want to PvP. I don't want to run a dungeon 300 times. It gets boring after 102nd time, really.

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    If all you need is six, then just grind out the 6 million AD to buy them from the AH.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Many people say its around 2%, which seems to be true in my experience as well so far.

I need 6 of them to get my armor and weapon enchantments up. That means I need to run T9G 300 times.
    I don't want to run this dungeon 300 times.
    Do devs really believe that they designed the dungeon so well that people wouldn't get bored after running it for 300 times? Is it even possible to design a dungeon that well?
    That is not even counting any other enchants that people might want to upgrade.
    If I want to upgade all my offense and defense enchants thats 72 of those stones in total. That means to get a character to BiS, T9G must be run 3600 times. If a person was determined and run 5 of them each day, it would still take them 2 years to manage that.

With every run taking 20 minutes, thats 1200 hours of gameplay, doing same thing over and over again.
    Please end this. I just want to PvP. I don't want to run a dungeon 300 times. It gets boring after 102nd time, really.

I have a goal of getting everything to rank 13 (weapon and armor enchants to unparallelled) That's it. If I get bonus UEs after that from RNGeezus or some other deitly, I may look at upgrading others.

The bonding nerf, queue nerf, and new refinement system were a pretty funny new mod--"Let's bundle those and call it 'Swords of Chult!'. What's not to like!"

Oh yeah, they threw in a skirmish to boot! :smile: Mini-mod 6.
  • Options
    docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Well, people wanted challenging content, but sadly enough Crytic decided to make it a challenge to even log in for many.
  • Options
    maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    Cryptic use an antiquated formula for deciding drop rates which is why their rates are considered abysmal. There is no way, in 2017, people are going to put up with these drop rates throughout the entire game... it isn't 2005.

SKT could have been one of the greatest expansions ever. Multiple new zones, new things to do besides just combat, very cool dungeons and relic weapons were introduced. All of it was totally ruined by the rates on Reputation in the campaign, making it long and boring, the rate at which you could get your weapons ready and the drop rates and loot those new dungeons making them seem totally pointless because of the time investment to run them.

The team has seemingly dug their heels in on both their drop rates and the random q and it's going to end up costing them our game.