test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

For my dear friends SWs!

laimcelllaimcell Member Posts: 21 Arc User
**Long story short: to get good with the class, read guides, play the class, try everything, share opinions. We can do more than just complaining about all the nerfs we got so far! The class is lovely and we can do still very nice things in the game**

Hello everyone, I'm been playing SW since his release so I have some knowledge about the class!
Lately (maybe more than lately) we saw our class nerfed and left behind and I can understand a lot of people complaining.. however I think not everyone is focusing on actually trying to be good with the class and just keep saying "but what can I do? my class is nerfed here and there, it's normal I can't dps complain with cryptic not with me!".
I played ToNG so many times now and a lot of people started saying I play well, half of new players I'm in party with are adding me on the friend list and so on..
Yesterday one guy said to me that I'm the best SW PvE he ever met (?!) and I realized that if someone consider me the best (which I'm not) the options are 2:
1. they never play with other SWs
2. all the other SWs are just too bad playing the class

Today another guy (OP) I usually run tong together said that other SW are not as good because for example the last time one "HDPS" 16k SW answered for a tong run, the SW was dealing the same damage of the OP (not dps build)!!

I'm not going to make any guide, at least for now, also because there are already a lot of good guides around! If you wanna improve in this class, reading other exp players guide is the best thing I can suggest!!

This post it's just my way to say "wake up guys, we can be good!", play the class, know what it's the best and (slowly) move in that direction. Good luck all!

Comments

• Options
    merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    laimcell said:

**Long story short: to get good with the class, read guides, play the class, try everything, share opinions. We can do more than just complaining about all the nerfs we got so far! The class is lovely and we can do still very nice things in the game**

Hello everyone, I'm been playing SW since his release so I have some knowledge about the class!
    Lately (maybe more than lately) we saw our class nerfed and left behind and I can understand a lot of people complaining.. however I think not everyone is focusing on actually trying to be good with the class and just keep saying "but what can I do? my class is nerfed here and there, it's normal I can't dps complain with cryptic not with me!".
    I played ToNG so many times now and a lot of people started saying I play well, half of new players I'm in party with are adding me on the friend list and so on..
    Yesterday one guy said to me that I'm the best SW PvE he ever met (?!) and I realized that if someone consider me the best (which I'm not) the options are 2:
    1. they never play with other SWs
    2. all the other SWs are just too bad playing the class

Today another guy (OP) I usually run tong together said that other SW are not as good because for example the last time one "HDPS" 16k SW answered for a tong run, the SW was dealing the same damage of the OP (not dps build)!!

I'm not going to make any guide, at least for now, also because there are already a lot of good guides around! If you wanna improve in this class, reading other exp players guide is the best thing I can suggest!!

This post it's just my way to say "wake up guys, we can be good!", play the class, know what it's the best and (slowly) move in that direction. Good luck all!

Could you post a build? I know u said u wouldnt lol, but it would be cool for new players or ppl who are interested.
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    If I'm forming a Tong with my OP and I'm taking one DPS, do I look at my friend's list and take one of the GWFs I know can outdps my paladin by a factor of 10 or do I take the best SW I know that can outdps me by a factor of 5?

That's basically why SW's are complaining. If you want to min max dps, you move on to another class.

People also underestimate the role of the skill level of the DC's and OP's a little too much and think it's all about the DPS skills. Sometimes being stuck in the last boss might be an issue of changing the OP. Seen that happen once when playing my DC. 3 fails until the OP had to leave. Smooth, fast run with the good OP that joined after. With DC's it's even more of an issue. If the DC can't do his job, which is not uncommon, no amount of skill on the dps part will compensate for it. But with the right DC's you can have extremely fast tong runs even with SW.

• Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I agree the skill gap is a major problem for fellow locks. I pug quite often and usually get another lock in the group. I always inspect them and watch the paingiver board as we progress. It never fails, im on top while the other sw is at the bottom. Yes, the bottom... bellow both the dc and tank. Now looking at the character screen they could/should be doing way better. I just dont think many players care to even research their class/builds.

For instance yesterday, ran 2 etos on my 17k sw. One run i was paired with another fury lock around 14-15k. All thru the dungeon they seemed lost. They were using PoP, as they should... but never seen any other encounter used. All at-wills... on each boss they were using TT... but not when adds were present... needless to say i finished top with about 139mil and they were at the bottom with 15 mil.

Was this person just being lazy? Was it because a higher iL lock was in the group? Do they just lack the skill to compete? Who knows... point is you can fluff your iL all you want but that doesnt make you a better player.

Im in an endgame guild that strives to be the best at what we do. But everyone agrees, the lock can still perform... it can still get the job done. Problem is other classes do it twice as fast and with less effort. So no one wants to drag along the red headed step child...

I have no issues completing any content within a reasonable time. The problem is no one wants to take the chance on a sw in the group due to so many bad players that it becomes impossible to find good groups willing to drag us along in fear we may not be "good enuff".

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    It´s not that our class is bad, and inable to run that dungeon. It´s more about the fact that GWF, Hunter and also TR do much better.
    The fact that someone adds you to his fl is a sign, that you play the right build and use the right powers, but if you ask those player, who theorycraft and do NWO science all day, the tell you: "SW is a dead class, and they would prefer every other class instead". That´s the sad truth.
    The major problem anyway is the disbalance between buffer/supporter and dps.
    I really can´t stand it any more, those chat spamming guys "OP-DC-DC-GF". Reading this 1000 times an hour, makes me want to leave this game more and more every day. This "buff mania" lasts now for far over 2 years and I am fed up.
    I do not intend to run that mainstream buffer groups with my DC any more, just booring, braindead somehow.
    It´s killing the fun and this game , at least for my taste.
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    Best sw isnt good hr/gwf/gf
    Thats what i can to say.

Why ppl running with 4 supports?
    Because its easy

With sw you will work hard to have a usual damage of BiS class.

Its for craziest only.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    Just finished an IG run on my SW, I forgot to switch the bondings from my GF. Anyway, I was top dps and 2nd one was a SW with rank 12 bondings, I'm still laughing as I type this.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

With sw you will work hard to have a usual damage of BiS class.

Its for craziest only.

You simply won´t achieve damage of other BIS classes, no matter what you do.
    The imbalance concerning buffs, tankyness and dps never was that obvious like these days.
    You have classes that benefit from WE procs, Insignia procs, from AoC and from buffs far better than a warlock.
    One class got feats that selfbuff their basepower for 25% of arp+recovery and damageresist on top, approximately >10k power granted that way, warlock get´s Lifesteal instead...
    That class can do one swipe with it´s At Will and deal >2x the damage your best encounter deals, Hiden Daggers as a crit-aoe will make your warlock cry.
    Best defence, best aoe and best singel target dps vs a class that got, lowest aoe, lowest defence and lowest singel target dps.
    It´s not about crying or nerfing any class, it´s the actual stand of this game.

Beside that, if you run with another warlock that runs a templock using Dread Theft and by that PoP and Bova or AoH, maybe Plaguefire on top, your dps allways outshines his dps significant, because he simply deals <1/4 of what he could deal as fury dps, by debuffing mobs/bosses all time to lift yours and otherones dps.

And what exactly is warlocks answer to a 15 mio crit of Griffons Wrath or a >20 mio crit of IBS?
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    bellkazi said:

And what exactly is warlocks answer to a 15 mio crit of Griffons Wrath or a >20 mio crit of IBS?

:D
    Гнев грифона-Griffons Wrath.
    Ok, and what dealt 100 mio? only curious about that.

What is warlocks answer towards a 53.554.700 mio hit from Griffons Wrath?

... this game is lost, tanks and buffer.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User

It´s not that our class is bad, and inable to run that dungeon. It´s more about the fact that GWF, Hunter and also TR do much better.
    The fact that someone adds you to his fl is a sign, that you play the right build and use the right powers, but if you ask those player, who theorycraft and do NWO science all day, the tell you: "SW is a dead class, and they would prefer every other class instead". That´s the sad truth.
    The major problem anyway is the disbalance between buffer/supporter and dps.
    I really can´t stand it any more, those chat spamming guys "OP-DC-DC-GF". Reading this 1000 times an hour, makes me want to leave this game more and more every day. This "buff mania" lasts now for far over 2 years and I am fed up.
    I do not intend to run that mainstream buffer groups with my DC any more, just booring, braindead somehow.
    It´s killing the fun and this game , at least for my taste.

Yes i agreed and the reason its all supports have at moment can do better buff/debuff than temlock and people just not like risk for example in a TONG its a dungeon very hard and you like do make fast and good so what choice carried a class know was nerfed like a dps and because its probably offer play templock or take a dc that know its good if offer your DPS its worse idea because all know sw no longer more CLASS ORIENTED DPS a GWF 14k its more aviable dps than SW 15k+ So why choice a DPS SW 16k if do same damage a GWF 14k or HR or CW if even not carried only single build aviable with only single specific path for DPS a GF/OP can do same damage SW "HDPS"

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    bellkazi said:

Гнев грифона-Griffons Wrath.
    Is it bad that I find the little smiley face absolutely hilarious?

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I agree the skill gap is a major problem for fellow locks. I pug quite often and usually get another lock in the group. I always inspect them and watch the paingiver board as we progress. It never fails, im on top while the other sw is at the bottom. Yes, the bottom... bellow both the dc and tank. Now looking at the character screen they could/should be doing way better. I just dont think many players care to even research their class/builds.

For instance yesterday, ran 2 etos on my 17k sw. One run i was paired with another fury lock around 14-15k. All thru the dungeon they seemed lost. They were using PoP, as they should... but never seen any other encounter used. All at-wills... on each boss they were using TT... but not when adds were present... needless to say i finished top with about 139mil and they were at the bottom with 15 mil.

Was this person just being lazy? Was it because a higher iL lock was in the group? Do they just lack the skill to compete? Who knows... point is you can fluff your iL all you want but that doesnt make you a better player.

Im in an endgame guild that strives to be the best at what we do. But everyone agrees, the lock can still perform... it can still get the job done. Problem is other classes do it twice as fast and with less effort. So no one wants to drag along the red headed step child...

I have no issues completing any content within a reasonable time. The problem is no one wants to take the chance on a sw in the group due to so many bad players that it becomes impossible to find good groups willing to drag us along in fear we may not be "good enuff".

IL <> Skill.

I don't care what class you play, what IL you are, guild strength, if you own a legendary mount, etc... To many high IL players bought their way to end game without taking the time to hone their skill. Right now I'm trying to get use to playing a SW as I am use to playing a DC, GF, or a CW. SW is completely different; however, my friend in game has played one since day 1 of it coming to PS4. I have ran with him plenty and he has given me pointers. He does well for a SW and given the few runs I have been in, I do ok but I know I can improve upon my character more by simply playing more on my SW.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    People being able to buy high item levels with real money instead of grinding for it in game is bad design and if cryptic is doing that they should be ashamed of themselves.​​
  • Options
    pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    gradii said:

People being able to buy high item levels with real money instead of grinding for it in game is bad design and if cryptic is doing that they should be ashamed of themselves.​​

Well it is either that or a the game will cost a monthly fee to play it. So you have to choose either the system they have now or pay to play, you can't have it both your way sorry. Their game is superb in the way that you can play it without paying a single bit of money, and still do well in the long run, which with many other games you can't. But I suppose you did not consider that in your well reflected statement.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    gradii said:

You can do that...

$50 for a level 70 character
    $100 for all campaign completed up to STK/SoMI

Now if you buy zen and sell Zen for AD you can acquire the following...
    Companions needed for bought character
    Mounts (including legendary)
    Mount Insignia
    Mastercraft 2 gear (480 IL gear)
    Enchantments
    Weapons (Mastercraft Stronghold weapons)

With around $3K in real world money I can easily buy myself a nicely equipped character without much effort.

The only thing I have to do is get 1 character to level 70 to open all of this up.