test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I love SW but..

shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
I leave the game long time ago and when i get back my guild say to me "Damnation is nerfed", i didn't care and keep playing cuz i love this class and it's soul puppet. Due to personal problems i need to quit the game again and when i get back was the Chult mod and i see that SW is a class most ppl do not want in their group for dungs. Ask some questions and found i needed to make a Templock just to have some chance to get into one or another dung (i don't count FBI, SPC, T9G since i have 12k and ppl ask for 14k+). I can't even help my guild in those since the meta have a "specific dream team". SW it's the only class i love, i use the other classes but in the end SW is the only one i feel happy using.. And yet, i feel they killing it in every patch. Won't ask "nerf DC and GWF!", i only ask to give the SW some love too. You don't want the SW to be a top DPS end game class? Make it a top SUPPORT class then. I don't care as long as i can keep playing it and actually run more content than just CN. My only hope is in the mod 12B.

*Rant mode on* If you want the ppl quit playing SW just take it out of the game. *Rant mode off*

Just give the class some love. Rework, buff or at least take the class to a nice date idk.

Sorry for my english and thank you for reading.

PS: Before you say "If you don't have dmg it's cuz you are doing something wrong!" i will say this: Yes, you are right. I am HB Damnation due i solo most content even if it take me long time to complete one fight, it has nice dmg tho but not enough for latest contents. That's why i made a Templock loadout, that i like cuz it's another way to play the Class i love and i can help the team, but still most don't want me since i am not a DC. That's why i ask for some love for the SW.
The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

Comments

• chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Oh don't worry, they are nerfing the Owlbear Cub in 12b...so we have THAT to look forward to.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Warlocks are now the weaker dps class of the game (despite what is written on the screen when you create this character :* ) and I hope they will get some love SOON.
    However, it is a mistake to want to stick with paths that are not efficient : every class has one or several useless or not-so-effective trees. Temptation path has not been reworked and does not match the current game expectations, when it comes to buffs. And Damnation is out as well (unless they patched it secretly?).
    I have a Temptation loadout that I rarely use (except for fun or for very specific situations) because I know that the Fury path is more effective even if I will deal less damage than skilled HRs/GWFs or GFs on bosses.
    Even if I belong to the lower tier dps, I can solo Chult without bondings (because I am too lazy to switch my bondings from my alts).
    I still deal good dps and I can be main DPS in FBI or MSP, even if the run will last a bit longer (especially because of trash mobs) but it is really feasible, especially when DCs use hastening light and OPs have wisdom aura.
    So don't lose hope and use your skills. You can definitely play more than CN.

To finish, I would say that warlocks are not the only ones begging for end-game: there are too many DPS compared to support; so it is difficult for every DPS to get invites if you don't play with people that trust/know you. Especially in the current meta where people want easy and fast runs.
    I have been playing more my DC or OP recently for this reason, but my beloved SW will be my main forever :smile: .

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User

I have been playing more my DC or OP recently for this reason, but my beloved SW will be my main forever :smile: .

Yeah looks like it, even you don not transfer your bondings to your most beloved class ;)
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User

Yeah looks like it, even you don not transfer your bondings to your most beloved class ;)
    Haha good point, but I do switch them when I do serious contents with my SW :D
    It was to outline the fact that we can solo everything without problem (and I can solo Chult with my DC without bondings as well, but it takes longer).
    I don't want to level up another dps class: I want to play my SW or a support and that's all.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    And I want to play my dps and not be forced to run my support 24/7 because this company thinks a groups should be setup like:
    Tank-Tank-Heal-Heal-maybe dps
    Fed up a bit about those slappy and unthought reworks again and again, even though it´s a fact that since 2 years the meta is a group made of supporterclasses and PVP is a mess since ever.
    Those guys just shold do their job and balance this HAMSTER once and 4ever
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    temptation has exist before nerf damnation in mod 11 and after class balance if not wrong remember temptation not change anything and the same devs admite need more work that path, just the people left build dps because no longer more class orient dps. Its true path fury can do more damage but nothing compared other clases dps like GWF or HR them are orient be DPS. Actually if you want do dps with sw need more gear, companion etc than others clases for make it so at least be 14k+ IL for be aviable dps in the dungeons more hardless and 15k+ if want be DPS in tong. But now with loadouts not need choice either be dps or support im have 3 loadouts and in specific sitation switch each either
  • ka0000ka0000 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I agree Give the SW some Love and Love my siul puppet saved me more than oncr