test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heroic Encounters and Refinement in 12b

Sorry if you guys are sick of these threads from console players asking about 12b, but I'm wondering what is dropping from Heroic Encounters like Draconic Heralds or KOS that used to drop resonance stones. Do they just drop RP gems, or what?

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    KOS drops RP stones, White Pearls and such. I believe they are unbound, though I've never checked after getting them. Only that days I run the HE, are the time I get unbound White Pearls.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    plumbot#3261 plumbot Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Oh man, is it really just White Pearls or is that an example? That's like 1/25th of a lesser resonance stone worth of RP.

Basically I'm trying to decide if I should claim my saved up heroic encounters before the patch during our final 2x Refinement, or wait until after the patch for a 2x RP drop event.
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    They drop more than just white pearls.. there is a whole new list including quartz, emeralds, and black pearls and more added... plus green gear can also be refined... I've found this to be around 50% of my refinement points cuz I tend to pick up everything.... plus, they made the total points required to gain a rank less... in the first week alone I managed to rank 3 of my artifacts from purple to orange with just stuff I picked up. Not using anything I had saved. This would have taken me months to upgrade just one of them with the old system. During the second week I leveled my artifact gear from purple to orange and now I'm working on my weapon set which should be also orange within a week.... so yeah.. wayyyy faster than the refinement of old
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

They drop more than just white pearls.. there is a whole new list including quartz, emeralds, and black pearls and more added... plus green gear can also be refined... I've found this to be around 50% of my refinement points cuz I tend to pick up everything.... plus, they made the total points required to gain a rank less... in the first week alone I managed to rank 3 of my artifacts from purple to orange with just stuff I picked up. Not using anything I had saved. This would have taken me months to upgrade just one of them with the old system. During the second week I leveled my artifact gear from purple to orange and now I'm working on my weapon set which should be also orange within a week.... so yeah.. wayyyy faster than the refinement of old

Yes I woudl agree that the new systems seems to be much faster to level up items. Good post ^^
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,252 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    OP, FYI, the green gear worth much more in mod 12b.
    Before mod 12b, green gear worth 100 RP and can only be used to feed Artifact Equipment. You won't pick it up unless you have a AE available to be fed.
    In mod 12b, green gear worth 50 RP (which equals to 500 RP before mod 12b). The same RP value as one peridot. It can be converted to RP (store in the purse) to feed all the stuff that takes RP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @r000kie said:
    > the green gear worth much more in mod 12b.
    >
    > True, but then blue stuff...

Blue stuff really doesn't drop that often. Especially compared to the amount of greens. This is a big win overall.
  • Options
    r000kie said:

the green gear worth much more in mod 12b.

True, but then blue stuff...
    I have not encountered a blue level 70 junk gear for over a week.
    I mention blue level 70 because that worth some RP before mod 12b.

Blue level < 70 did not have RP value so, it is not a lose in mod 12b.
    However, green level < 70 has RP value in mod 12b now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    anguskartanguskart Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Only problem with the green gear for RP is that it takes greater ident scrolls, which seem to have gone up in price since the update due to the increased demand. I never seem to get enough scrolls as drops.
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Shouldn't really "have" to buy scrolls... I've found they drop like rain in most mob fights
  • Options

Shouldn't really "have" to buy scrolls... I've found they drop like rain in most mob fights

There are way more green drop than scroll drop. At least, 3 to 1.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I am still getting roughly a 1:1 drop rate. But then again I only play casually so I might just be favoured by the RNG gods
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I am still getting roughly a 1:1 drop rate. But then again I only play casually so I might just be favoured by the RNG gods
    If you don't consistently get out of the way to pick up everything like I have done for over a year, you may not notice. I know people had a habit to avoid green junk before mod 12b. One may ask why I picked up green junk before mod 12b.
    I had a pair of account bound weapon (main hand/off hand for a class that I do not play) that are kept in shared bank. I feed green junk collected by all toons to them. That was my not so productive pet project. :)

In addition, I don't use the scroll I picked up. I use VIP scroll that I started to accumulate since the description of mod 12b was announced. I collect all the scroll picked up by all my toons to one slot in the shared bank. Hence, I know how many scrolls I have picked up since mod 12b. It is about 280. I know I picked up much much more than 280 green junk.
  • Options
    dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2017

I don't know the exact ratio that I have been experiencing, but I do know my experience is the same as yours. More green drops than scrolls drop. That is why I love my VIP benefits. :)