test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Soot Tribal Lion bounus bug

andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
I got the new mount from the Corsair promotion and applied the Gladiator's guile bonus. That is supposed to give a movement bonus (15%) when have stamina above 75%, but I didn't notice any increase in movement or run speed stats.

Comments

• zan199#8150 zan199 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    only works when you are not on your mount, if you want to move faster on your mount you need the mount speed boon from the guild.
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Obvioulsy I meant no difference when not on mount.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,174 Arc User

I got the new mount from the Corsair promotion and applied the Gladiator's guile bonus. That is supposed to give a movement bonus (15%) when have stamina above 75%, but I didn't notice any increase in movement or run speed stats.

It is hard to notice the speed difference without tool.

You can try the following:
    Use a stop watch.
    Go to icepass (which has a straight road).
    Find a spot to start (I picked a tree). Hit 't' and start the stop watch. Stop the stop swatch when it reaches the destination (I picked a bush). Do that twice. One with the mount in stable and one without the mount in the stable.

I can see difference.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    15% is based off your current movement stat. So your ability to notice it is going to be dependent on how much movement you have.
    edited November 2017
    OK, let me say what I do and point out where is my mistake:

-While the mount is in the stable (no active bonus) I check my movement (513) and run speed bonus (+1.3%)
    -I equip the mount and check again. I would expect an increase of 15% on movement or on bonus but they remain the same.

Shouldn't the 15% increase be visible on some stat? I note that the increase in stamina regeneration is (somewhat) visible when below 25% stamina (I read a 2% increaase).

UPDATE: I followed plasticbat's suggestion. I run a distance twice: one with the mount in stable and again with the mount out of stable using a stopwatch to measure time. As plasticbat suggested, there is a difference in time. That means the bonus works but it is not represented in the stats (which I think is a mistake). So the thread can be closed now, with the suggestion to devs to make these things more clear to avoid misunderstandings.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    If you want to see the movement working well pm me in game I'll meet you and show you. @demonmongerchild
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User

Where did you claim the mount? I entered but can't find the rewards tab.. I did the rewards agent in PE but that wasn't it
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

As plasticbat suggested, there is a difference in time. That means the bonus works but it is not represented in the stats (which I think is a mistake).

Sadly, a lot of temporary/conditional buffs that give direct percentages work like this, for example most (if not all) temporary DR buffs in the game do not display on your character sheet. This can be seen with buffs like Astral Shield and Hallowed ground.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    b0rkch0p said:

Where did you claim the mount? I entered but can't find the rewards tab.. I did the rewards agent in PE but that wasn't it
    Once they hit their fixed number of give-aways, the tab went away. So if you didn't get it fast enough you will not be getting it.

EDIT: 11-14 - New Codes have been put up and it is available again. I was able to get one this time and it seems others are still able to as well. Go get your mount. :)
    Post edited by dafrca#4810 on

As plasticbat suggested, there is a difference in time. That means the bonus works but it is not represented in the stats (which I think is a mistake).

Sadly, a lot of temporary/conditional buffs that give direct percentages work like this, for example most (if not all) temporary DR buffs in the game do not display on your character sheet. This can be seen with buffs like Astral Shield and Hallowed ground.

I didn't know this. Devs should make sure that all effects are represented on the stats page, it's the logic thing to do.