test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prophecy of Doom still partially broken?

aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
Just noticed a potential bug with Prophecy of Doom but am looking to confirm. Simply put, the ability isn't recharging when it says it will, despite the patch notes specifically saying this issue has been fixed. The patch notes say:

"Prophecy of Doom
Fixed a bug where this power was not granting AP on use.
Fixed a bug where this power did not instantly recharge when it killed an enemy.
Fixed a bug where this power did not increase in duration while empowered.
Fixed this power to instantly recharge if the target is killed during its duration.
Fixed this power to correctly grant AP.
Fixed this power to correctly increase in duration per empowered charge consumed.
"

I've done over 50 tests in two zones (River District first, and then Sharandar to confirm my findings with some easier enemies), sometimes letting Prophecy kill the enemy, sometimes killing the enemy with Prophecy on them, and in neither case does the ability instantly recharge. The enemy dies in the first four seconds after application, and I still have a 12 second cooldown on Prophecy, and I have confirmed this many times now. On the up side it does refill my action points.

I am using an owlbear cub but I've made sure, several times, that the cub's hit didn't kill the enemy and that the prophecy was on the target and dealing damage when it died. It did not instantly recharge when Prophecy itself killed the enemy, or when the enemy died with Prophecy still active on it.

Is anyone else having this experience post patch? Is the "and this power instantly recharges" portion of Prophecy of Doom still broken, despite the patch notes specifically saying that they fixed it? Or am I - hopefully - some sort of anomaly and it is working as written for the rest of you?

The tooltip of Prophecy of Doom for reference:

"Rank I: Target has lowered Damage Resistance 8 seconds, and if target is still alive after this time, they take a large amount of damage. If target is killed during this time, you gain a large amount of Action Points, and this power instantly recharges.[1]"

Edit: Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or working as intended, but I've noticed that the DOT has to be on the enemy for a short period for it to give action points when the target dies. I've just finished a dig site run where I was very frequently using Prophecy, having it stick, but before the first tick the mob died - and I didn't get any action points. This may be what was intended but, if not, it does make it far less useful in particularly chaotic runs. I was finding half the times I used it where it successfully stuck to a target and set off the cooldown I was not getting any action points when the target died.
Post edited by aftershafter on

Comments

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    Yeah I would say it's not WAI, but it seem that at least one of those is working... kinda?
    http://plays.tv/video/58cb4361eabc87a4cd/prophecy-of-doom-is-buggy

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User

Yeah I would say it's not WAI, but it seem that at least one of those is working... kinda?
    http://plays.tv/video/58cb4361eabc87a4cd/prophecy-of-doom-is-buggy

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about it actually producing AP now, but I would still love for it to actually do what the patch says it was fixed to do, and the tooltip has incorrectly said it would do for as long as I can remember. It could make for a fun rotation to run it, constantly resetting as you kill mobs, refilling AP...

Anyways, I am quite happy it is at least partially repaired now.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    tried it out today, and it is as you say:
    prophecy of doom does not come off cooldown, when the enemy marked with it dies.
    no joy in using it like this, i hope it gets repaired to suit the description!
    edited March 2017
    ilmenira said:

tried it out today, and it is as you say:
    prophecy of doom does not come off cooldown, when the enemy marked with it dies.
    no joy in using it like this, i hope it gets repaired to suit the description!

Yeah, what's kind of disappointing is that many of us have been waiting to use this ability working as the tooltip described for quite a while, so when the last patch said this:

"Fixed a bug where this power did not instantly recharge when it killed an enemy."

We got pretty darned excited. Then it turns out that the patch does not fix the thing it specifically says it does... Well, hopefully the devs put a *bit* more priority on this than they did before, since it was one of the things they "fixed" but didn't.

This ability's abysmal cooldown is obviously meant to be balanced out by the instant recharged effect so, if the ability is going to stay not working, at least throw us a bone and lower the cooldown significantly. I'd rather this not happen and it just get fixed to work as the tooltip lists, but it's a very, very cumbersome power at the moment.
    edited March 2017
    So... I can't help but noticing that this week's patch actually deals with Prophecy of Doom in a small way:

"Devoted Cleric: Prophecy of Doom: This power now takes its own damage taken debuff into account when dealing damage upon expiration."

But doesn't bother with the major functionality bug which the patch a few weeks ago said it fixed but didn't actually fix... Don't suppose someone can give this paragon power a little look-see? ;)
    Post edited by aftershafter on
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

So... I can't help but noticing that this week's patch actually deals with Prophecy of Doom:

"Devoted Cleric: Prophecy of Doom: This power now takes its own damage taken debuff into account when dealing damage upon expiration."

In a small way, but doesn't bother with the major fix the major functionality bug which the patch a few weeks ago said it fixed but didn't actually fix... Don't suppose someone can give this paragon power a little look-see? ;)

+
    Going to give this a bump. Patch specifically said this issue was fixed and then did nothing about it. Hoping it gets fixed the second time.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Just tried it on my dc.
    Nope. Cooldown does not reset.
    The "DOOM" effect looks pretty cool though.
    Worthless, but looks cool. So... yeah.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • aday#3795 aday Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Wow over 8 months now, and this is still broken... ! I don't see the point of spending points on a skill only to find out it doesn't work as intended.

So AP is gained, but cooldown is not reset. :(
    aday#3795 said:

Wow over 8 months now, and this is still broken... ! I don't see the point of spending points on a skill only to find out it doesn't work as intended.

So AP is gained, but cooldown is not reset. :(

Yeah. Not even slightly impressed by this. AFTER the patch which said that precisely this issue was fixed it's still not working as intended - and that patch was supposed to be the big cleric fix. I've been waiting for to make a build centered around the AP refill ability of Prophecy of Doom for, literally, years.

Bugs happen. Sometimes things take a long time to fix. That's a reality and I don't hold it against the devs. That being said, they had the big cleric patch which said it fixed precisely this issue - and it didn't. As you pointed out, many months later we're still waiting. That doesn't sit well with me.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It is listed as part of the October bug fixes. That will go live sometime, probably at Mod 13.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

It is listed as part of the October bug fixes. That will go live sometime, probably at Mod 13.

I hope so. Again, the OP quotes patch notes from March making this exact claim, so I won't hold my breath.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Note that I said, "listed" and b
    not "fixed." Time will tell.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother