test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UES on Every Run

frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
edited November 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
I'd suggest for UES to drop in every ToNG run. You need 87 of those and leaving it to chance hurts too bad considering the quantum. It isn't too much being given away since each run takes about 30 minutes with a decent group, and normal people who play about 2 hours a day would still need about 3 months to upgrade everything.

PS. You can lock it behind the Chultan Key Chest if you'd want to really limit the drops without zen (doing this would mean 6 months, I'm not sure if this is how it already is).

Something DEFINITELY needs to be done.
FrozenFire

Comments

• ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    I'm with you, this is an obvious cash grab hidden behind RNG and zen keys. This MUST be addressed.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Some guy in another thread bragged about doing 47 ToNGs in two days. That guy would get back to BiS in under a week.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

Some guy in another thread bragged about doing 47 ToNGs in two days. That guy would get back to BiS in under a week.

Well... You think doing 47 runs is easy or cheap? (he'd still be just half-way there)
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    kreatyve said:

I'm sorry @frozenfirevr but I disagree. Rank 14s should be a long term goal. They shouldn't be easy to get. I don't foresee them doing anything with the drop-rate until mod 13 or even 14.

6 months is long enough longterm (if you ain't paying)...
    FrozenFire
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Lol, should be a long term goal. Sooooo, who decides how long that is supposed to be? So let's say you run tong 50 times and get nothing...even if you had decent runs averaging 30min a pop...how long have you spent actually inside that dungeon? But instead, let's say you earned one drop out of the 50...it's that what is considered realistic for a long term goal? Replicating that situation 90 times possibly? What this means never for a lot of people is "never" not long term, especially since prices will remain high.

I'm sorry but "long term goal" is a ridiculous statement to add in this situation.

Even if it was guaranteed 1 per run, who cares? Is it just the people that can't complete tong effectively enough to farm it? The have-nots jelly? I mean what does it matter?

If everyone who was bis before became bis again tomorrow (which puts us close to where we were) and that somehow ruins the game again...that only means this nerf was useless.

If they gave us a drop per run, at least that would give us something fruitful to do with an actual goal. And even then, the goal of getting back to where we were is almost for nothing since there is nothing exciting to do with a bis character until some new content arrives.
  • azaylin#1903 azaylin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Put them on the seal vendor at 200 seals a pop account bound allowing you 2 a week per character that can t9g. Leave the drop rate alone or move it up a touch as these would not be bound and would then still hold a value. If you wanna buy your progress you can off the trade house for market price, else you can farm seals to lvl your own alts. Best of both worlds.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    "Long term goal" is completely subjective.

I agree getting to R14 should be a long term goal...for a brand new player.

Those of us that had our stats stripped to implement this new system shouldn't have to spend a year plus to get our stats back.

Getting from 12 to 14 shouldn't take more than a few months (6-12 depending on how much you play is what I would find acceptable). It's the devs JOB to introduce content suited for BiS players in a fashion that works within the confines of their game structure. They should be able to do that without destroying years of work for some players.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    pherrow said:

Lol, should be a long term goal. Sooooo, who decides how long that is supposed to be?

The bean counters of course. For as long as they think they can milk the deep pocket whales. They are not stupid.

• pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 418 Arc User
    > @namelesshero347 said:
    > Lol, should be a long term goal. Sooooo, who decides how long that is supposed to be?
    >
    > The bean counters of course. For as long as they think they can milk the deep pocket whales. They are not stupid.

They are if they agree with the statement "long term goal" as it applies to the current situation. When you have to run 30-50 tongs or open (in apparently one case) 650 lockboxes to get A mark to drop...they have effectively set up a deterrent, not a long term goal.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Each chest needs to drop 1 UES per run. So thats 2, split between 5 people. If people want to farm with Leg Dragon Keys they can. It fosters doing multiple runs with friends and guildies so everyone gets a UES after your series of tongs.

I don't know why the devs seem to think that Rank 14 should be basically impossible to obtain. If you dont want us to obtain rank 14s then dont put them in the freaking game.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I'm not saying 1 stone per run, but well... here is what I would like:
    • Raise the weekly cap for Seals of the Brave. With only 400 seals per week, there is too little motivation to run ToNG more than 8 times per week (also, remember that we can only make 8 keys per week)
    • Allow us to buy Ultimate Enchanting Stones for Seals of the Brave. Something like 1000 seals per stone would be nice.
    • Reconsider the drop rate. If people want around 100 stones per character and you discourage them from running ToNG more than 8 times per week, just calculate how many years it will take people to get the stones. The game will be dead before people manage to do that.
    And yeah, I have been doing little other in the game than running ToNG since 12-B hit. I just got my first Ultimate stone yesterday - that's one stone in two weeks of grinding. At that rate, well, it will take me four years to get the stones I need. That's really not motivating - I would really suggest doubling the drop rate - two years would be an acceptable time frame.

Also, I have already gotten all the Seals of the Brave I need to gear up my main character with multiple sets (for different loadouts) Sure, I can salvage Primal gear, but really.....I would really like to have something better to spend my seals on - why not stones?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > I'm sorry @frozenfirevr but I disagree. Rank 14s should be a long term goal. They shouldn't be easy to get. I don't foresee them doing anything with the drop-rate until mod 13 or even 14.

Kreatyve, I understand the point of BIS enchants being a long term goal. I got to full rank 12s in mod 12 and I play since four years now. The problem is that we only have that to do now. Nothing else. No short term goals until mod 13 lands....
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

> @kreatyve said:

> I'm sorry @frozenfirevr but I disagree. Rank 14s should be a long term goal. They shouldn't be easy to get. I don't foresee them doing anything with the drop-rate until mod 13 or even 14.

Kreatyve, I understand the point of BIS enchants being a long term goal. I got to full rank 12s in mod 12 and I play since four years now. The problem is that we only have that to do now. Nothing else. No short term goals until mod 13 lands....

That is a very good point. :(

My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    103 tong runs=3 UES, ridiculous
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Their silence on the random queues and UES drops has spoken volumes. I believe they have taken a new approach, and this is basically the end point of a multiple-phase project. The first step was Beholder mount dropping at an extremely low rate. The second was the orange rings, tweaking the drop rate down a bit more. Then they forced people to do a single instance to get marks at a low rate. This proved to them that people will go for things that have extremely low drop rates, will run the same content over and over if they have to, and that BIS is the true end game for many players.

This research resulted in Chult: Extremely low drop rates on +5 rings, with extremely minimal choices in where to get them from. Low drop rates on hunt trophies (accompanied with multiple levels of RNG). Extremely low chance at UES's needed to get to BIS, isolated to a single dungeon (I will grant that if they dropped anywhere else, TONG would be empty). Their goal is to make it take as long as humanly possible now to get BIS, with "close to impossible" being an acceptable measurement against 90% of the playerbase.

And since players will go for these items, cause there is nothing else to do, they will consider it a success (See Black Ice Empowerment) because people farm for these things..which is like saying taxes are popular because people pay them.

I still have to wonder if they look at the amount of AD the top 10% of players have, and make decisions as if everyone has that much. The decisions they make seem to imply that everyone does. At some point, they will need to accept that there are a few billionaires in the world, but the majority of the people playing started under the "current AD" spectrum, and didn't have the...lets call them "Options" of making AD long term players had.

/rant off

At this point, i have barely any interest is going to R13's other than bondings. if I use any UES, it will be for a weapon enchant maybe. R14's might as well not exist to me...it was barely worth it to go from about 10 - 12...it is not worth it to go to 13 or 14 now.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,355 Arc User
    edited November 2017

Their silence on the random queues and UES drops has spoken volumes. I believe they have taken a new approach, and this is basically the end point of a multiple-phase project. The first step was Beholder mount dropping at an extremely low rate. The second was the orange rings, tweaking the drop rate down a bit more. Then they forced people to do a single instance to get marks at a low rate. This proved to them that people will go for things that have extremely low drop rates, will run the same content over and over if they have to, and that BIS is the true end game for many players.

This research resulted in Chult: Extremely low drop rates on +5 rings, with extremely minimal choices in where to get them from. Low drop rates on hunt trophies (accompanied with multiple levels of RNG). Extremely low chance at UES's needed to get to BIS, isolated to a single dungeon (I will grant that if they dropped anywhere else, TONG would be empty). Their goal is to make it take as long as humanly possible now to get BIS, with "close to impossible" being an acceptable measurement against 90% of the playerbase.

And since players will go for these items, cause there is nothing else to do, they will consider it a success (See Black Ice Empowerment) because people farm for these things..which is like saying taxes are popular because people pay them.

I still have to wonder if they look at the amount of AD the top 10% of players have, and make decisions as if everyone has that much. The decisions they make seem to imply that everyone does. At some point, they will need to accept that there are a few billionaires in the world, but the majority of the people playing started under the "current AD" spectrum, and didn't have the...lets call them "Options" of making AD long term players had.

/rant off

At this point, i have barely any interest is going to R13's other than bondings. if I use any UES, it will be for a weapon enchant maybe. R14's might as well not exist to me...it was barely worth it to go from about 10 - 12...it is not worth it to go to 13 or 14 now.

I think you got their idea. Think about it. If you get everything in (say) one month, what else can you do in game after that?
    They cannot create new content fast enough. They need players to play the game. Give them a 'goal' to chase. If you have everything fast, there is more or less nothing for you to keep playing.

Every mod has various degree of low chance for people to chase. Remember the Black Ice Arm piece? Drop only, character bound. I think they did try to change random chance to long repeat process in elemental. Do 100 big HE to get the weapon. We, the crazy nuts, grinded that 100 big HE within ... a week?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    The original server will make a single server independent ping more.
  • bishopgorbishopgor Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I'm sorry @frozenfirevr but I disagree. Rank 14s should be a long term goal. They shouldn't be easy to get. I don't foresee them doing anything with the drop-rate until mod 13 or even 14.

Yeah but on this moment you are loosing much more top players thaht you think. And really i think that you could at least add a weakly quest witch give one UES. i did over 100 tong one UES droped and im really close to end this game until something changes because its annoying you have ressold us our previous powers in new RPs system cutting AD farm without giving us any bigger content to play. I know it will be a problem after some devs left the company and only Julia is now in power. So next mod will be a final test for the game and i have hope that it will survive but i doubt it.