test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When you will add a new and exclusive artifact set bonus for a CW?! :S

dark8beto#1965 dark8beto Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Hi, we only have one exclusive artifact set: Valindra's set. Yeah, maybe you can use the new stronghold set and bla bla... but it's not enough. We really need a new and powerfull (or usefull) artifact set, with a cool bonus... not that HAMSTER of 15% control bonus. So... WHEN!? :(

Comments

• metalicum1metalicum1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Probably when they are done with everything else, so never.
    They pretty much said they don't care about CW, because we are not stupid broken OP or stupid broken useless. Don't expect them to put dev team time to a CW. They don't care.

I don't even think that's their intention to put there class specific sets anyway. They go away from big set bonuses in general.

I would rather see a class balance that would change some ancient things about our class. There are ancient things as a result of CW not getting any love from devs since .. mod 6 or something. we're in 12b and still nothing.
    Aris Meyde CW MoF Renegade

[PS4] Alliance - House Stargaryen
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    I would settle for a Company cloak with int and charisma intead of int and strength.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    CW do not need a artifact set to be effective, just like a HR. HR like a CW tend to use the Belt that provides a damage bonus and than one of the Company Cloak for added bonus to damage.

For a CW that is the Owlbear belt and the company raider cloak. If you are a CW renegade go for the Rubellite master craft set for the bonus to AP gain and the bonus to recovery on encounter use.

CW needs some modification to the feats but in the game present state, CW are not horrible and not OP.

Whenever looking at a game take a step back and look at the bigger picture and changes and how they impact all classes.

ATM the two weakest classes are the SW and TR. SW the devs seem to be focused on fixing in mod 13. As for the TR, I have heard nothing but OMG that class has been broken since well forever. The TR is in dire need of adjusting. The problem the devs face, regardless of the class is balancing out PVE and PVP without making the class OP in PVE or PVP. The problem is PVE games should not cater to PVP crowd and PVP games should not cater to the PVE crowd; this way it is easier to create a fluid multi-player game where the devs can work on the game core mechanics without breaking PVE or PVP when an update is made. All MMOs with both PVP and PVE tend to have this issue.

My gut feeling is that after the SW is update it will be the TR. Than the GWF. Than the HR. And maybe after that the TR again, or the OP. CW will have to wait as the CW class is not on the high end doing crazy damage where each mod its damage escalates higher than other class and it is not on the other end where its damage is so low that most players using said class cannot produce damage like most other classes.

CW right now is in the middle and because of that, CW may not see an update until all other classes get fixed.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    The Orcus set is a set that need a belt with stat that are better for particular class, I think they certainly could create a new offensive set that can be good for some other class.

Personally I would like to see the old High Vizier Armor set mechanic reintroduced with a set available for all classes,
    but reworked with a bonus to increase damage.
    Set bonus: When using a control power, add a stack of High Vizier on you (Max 3 stacks) each stack increases your damage by 5%, lasts 6 seconds and is refreshed at 3 stacks when another is applied.

High Vizier's Amulet (+4% AP gain)
    Power,critic,ArmPen

High Vizier's Belt +2 int, +2cha.
    Power,critic,Recovery

High Vizier's Artifact.
    Power,ArmPen,AP gain.
    Active Bonus, the next control power you use after activating the artifact apply a 15% debuff for 15 sec.

Like the Orcus set, other class could use it, but it will not be optimal for some classes like the GWF.
    Why +2 int + 2 cha and not +4 int, it's to be more viable for SW, TR and DC, if they want to use it and slot control power.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • metalicum1metalicum1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User

The Orcus set is a set that need a belt with stat that are better for particular class, I think they certainly could create a new offensive set that can be good for some other class.

Personally I would like to see the old High Vizier Armor set mechanic reintroduced with a set available for all classes,
    but reworked with a bonus to increase damage.
    Set bonus: When using a control power, add a stack of High Vizier on you (Max 3 stacks) each stack increases your damage by 5%, lasts 6 seconds and is refreshed at 3 stacks when another is applied.

High Vizier's Amulet (+4% AP gain)
    Power,critic,ArmPen

High Vizier's Belt +2 int, +2cha.
    Power,critic,Recovery

High Vizier's Artifact.
    Power,ArmPen,AP gain.
    Active Bonus, the next control power you use after activating the artifact apply a 15% debuff for 15 sec.

Like the Orcus set, other class could use it, but it will not be optimal for some classes like the GWF.
    Why +2 int + 2 cha and not +4 int, it's to be more viable for SW, TR and DC, if they want to use it and slot control power.

Interesting idea. I would change a few things.
    1) Instead of artifact power I would make the debuff the set power and change it a little: 2% for 8-10s and make it stack per encounter. This would really make this set a CW thing. fast encounters and lot cooldowns.
    2) I would change the CHA to WIS. It would make sense in my new artifact power, where you need as many encounters as fast as possible.
    3) I would change the stats to Recovery as primal 850-500 crit - 500 arm pen. the idea is to make it a harder choice for DPS builds compared to support or hybrid builds, and also to push the theme of fast encounters even further.
    4) the artifact stats the same - Revovery, Crit, Arm pen. We have plenty of power artifacts and power sources.
    5) the active power can be a version of your set bonus. so that a DPS build can use it as active with dmg bonus, and support and hybrid builds can use it as off-artifact just to complete the set.

This would make it more interesting imho. CW does not need flat dmg bonuses, and more importantly the GAME does not need more flat dmg bonuses. 15% is a lot. CW can use a buff, but I would much rather see this buff to be a core change to Thaum Paragon tree (or even oppressor) than introducing 15% dmg bonus set.
    Aris Meyde CW MoF Renegade

[PS4] Alliance - House Stargaryen
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    obekpl said:

CW do not need a artifact set to be effective, just like a HR. HR like a CW tend to use the Belt that provides a damage bonus and than one of the Company Cloak for added bonus to damage.

For a CW that is the Owlbear belt and the company raider cloak. If you are a CW renegade go for the Rubellite master craft set for the bonus to AP gain and the bonus to recovery on encounter use.

CW needs some modification to the feats but in the game present state, CW are not horrible and not OP.

Whenever looking at a game take a step back and look at the bigger picture and changes and how they impact all classes.

ATM the two weakest classes are the SW and TR. SW the devs seem to be focused on fixing in mod 13. As for the TR, I have heard nothing but OMG that class has been broken since well forever. The TR is in dire need of adjusting. The problem the devs face, regardless of the class is balancing out PVE and PVP without making the class OP in PVE or PVP. The problem is PVE games should not cater to PVP crowd and PVP games should not cater to the PVE crowd; this way it is easier to create a fluid multi-player game where the devs can work on the game core mechanics without breaking PVE or PVP when an update is made. All MMOs with both PVP and PVE tend to have this issue.

My gut feeling is that after the SW is update it will be the TR. Than the GWF. Than the HR. And maybe after that the TR again, or the OP. CW will have to wait as the CW class is not on the high end doing crazy damage where each mod its damage escalates higher than other class and it is not on the other end where its damage is so low that most players using said class cannot produce damage like most other classes.

CW right now is in the middle and because of that, CW may not see an update until all other classes get fixed.

TR as a weakest class, dude don't make me laugh and learn to play, or i will invite you to party where TR is main DPS and he can rival with every GWF in terms of DPS.
    Dude don't make me laugh and learn to compare, or I will invite you to a proper thread where... Ok this is as far as I can go with this.

1. Having a TR as a single DPS is not an indicator of anything nor a comparison to anything. Having the GWF and a TR in the same group is a comparison. Or having the same group multiple runs with the TR / GWF as the only change is somewhat a comparison.

2. Rival with every GWF? Every? Really? Even if you convince the best TR to run and showoff, is that an indicator of a class as a whole? Because you love PvP so much, let me rephrase, if there is a CW that can deal successfully with SoD, that means that SoD is fine, right?

3. There are CWs that can run as main DPS and rival most GWFs (I can't speak for all) soup, freedom, etc...

4. Ofc, can't speak about others, but I'm willing to learn, do we have "Beat wickedduck in DPS or money back guarantee" ? In any case, sure, any specifics a pleb TR like me should know?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    obekpl said:

micky1p00 said:

obekpl said:

TR as a weakest class, dude don't make me laugh and learn to play, or i will invite you to party where TR is main DPS and he can rival with every GWF in terms of DPS.
    Dude don't make me laugh and learn to compare, or I will invite you to a proper thread where... Ok this is as far as I can go with this.

1. Having a TR as a single DPS is not an indicator of anything nor a comparison to anything. Having the GWF and a TR in the same group is a comparison. Or having the same group multiple runs with the TR / GWF as the only change is somewhat a comparison.

2. Rival with every GWF? Every? Really? Even if you convince the best TR to run and showoff, is that an indicator of a class as a whole? Because you love PvP so much, let me rephrase, if there is a CW that can deal successfully with SoD, that means that SoD is fine, right?

3. There are CWs that can run as main DPS and rival most GWFs (I can't speak for all) soup, freedom, etc...

4. Ofc, can't speak about others, but I'm willing to learn, do we have "Beat wickedduck in DPS or money back guarantee" ? In any case, sure, any specifics a pleb TR like me should know?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RyE4PRwtps&feature=youtu.be
    What is the point you are making with the video? That TR can run Tomb? We know TRs can run tomb... I run tomb... as main DPS.. A lot... and may the RNGjessus be stoned to death by ultimate stones.

Let me quote again if you 'accidentally' missed the point:
    micky1p00 said:

Having a TR as a single DPS is not an indicator of anything nor a comparison to anything. Having the GWF and a TR in the same group is a comparison. Or having the same group multiple runs with the TR / GWF as the only change is somewhat a comparison.

Doing the dungeon, is not comparing it to GWF....

If you want to at least try and make a point at least link the TR speed run video, it wil be closer... Though again it wont prove the comparison...
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    obekpl said:

micky1p00 said:

obekpl said:

micky1p00 said:

obekpl said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RyE4PRwtps&feature=youtu.be
    What is the point you are making with the video? That TR can run Tomb? We know TRs can run tomb... I run tomb... as main DPS.. A lot... and may the RNGjessus be stoned to death by ultimate stones.

Let me quote again if you 'accidentally' missed the point:
    micky1p00 said:

Having a TR as a single DPS is not an indicator of anything nor a comparison to anything. Having the GWF and a TR in the same group is a comparison. Or having the same group multiple runs with the TR / GWF as the only change is somewhat a comparison.

Doing the dungeon, is not comparing it to GWF....

If you want to at least try and make a point at least link the TR speed run video, it wil be closer... Though again it wont prove the comparison...
    Yes it is. Normally you have many adds prior to a boss. When fighting adds a AoE classes shine (GWF, CW, HR). When you get to a boss Single Target classshould shine (TR and SW). The game current state you have HR and GWF both doing outstanding damage regardless if it is a single target or multi targets. This is why GWF and HR are preferred at end game compared to other classes. They just produce damage. TR tend to fall behind because they take a pretty big lose on adds and so do SW. On bosses CW tend to fall behind due to also taking a loss on bosses. Running my CW with an equally geared SW I tend to be a bit ahead most times due to AoE damage I can produce on my CW and if the content has lots of add. But if I run with a GWF or HR forget, they just slaughter enemies regardless if it is a group or a single target.

GWF and HR really need to be overlooked again or the devs need to modify the SW, TR, and CW so that all classes can play equally regardless if it is a group of enemies or a single target.