test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HR Trapper: suggestion about feats

kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
During Rocktober several people (including me) had reported several bugs about feats from Trapper’s tree. In this topic I would like to summarize some of them and to make suggestions about fixes/reworks. My goal is not to make Trapper more powerful but to help fix bugs and to make playstyle of trapper more smooth and clear.

Thorned Roots

Core feat of the tree. Usable almost by everyone.
Does benefit from:
  • Dread enchantment. As @amenar said during pre-mod10 rework it’s WaI.
  • Power stat, buffs and self-buffs. Exceptions:
    • Air, Earth, Water Archons active bonuses.
    • Soul Sight Crystal artifact.
    • Orcus set
    • WoE: Fire – no additional damage on ticks.
    • Some random buffs also may not work or may give a different percent. Not sure because not tested this.
  • War Boar – increased bonus with Roots (~8% against 5% at purple quality). Other powers receive a correct 5% bonus.
Not proccing Weapon enchantments.
Not proccing Aura of Courage.

Suggestions:
  • Make Thorned Roots benefit from all buffs. Nice solution but possibly it won’t save against future bugs with new items, pets, mounts etc. (Soul Sight Crystal is a recent example).
  • Nerf Thorned Roots by making them not receiving benefit from buffs. Bad decision. This will just encourage even more trappers to move to the Combat tree.
    • Make «nerfed» Roots able to stack.
    • Make «nerfed» Roots a big single-hit instead of DoT.
Here is my solution. Trapper has pretty unique playstyle: Weak/Strong/Thorned Roots for control+damage and encounter powers as primary source of damage. Now on Live Thorned Roots are bringing from 1/5 to 1/3 of all Trapper’s damage in a regular dungeon run. I suggest to rework a feat by removing Thorned Roots completely and making it a buff for encounter powers:
Your encounter powers deal 4%/8%/12%/16%/20% more damage. Also they have a 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% chance to apply Weak and a 1%/2%/3%/4%/5% chance to apply Strong Grasping Roots.
Percent may be different OFC. Such change might bring a much more diversity in power rotations.

Deft Strikes

Another core feat usable almost by every trapper.
This feat has bugged interaction with Gushing Wound. Ticks of GW are removing melee DS buff and not granting ranged DS buff.
Also sometimes owner could have both melee and ranged DS buff.

Suggestions:
  • Fix interaction between feat and GW
  • Rework feat
My solution:
Your Melee encounter powers cause your Ranged encounter powers to deal 2/4/6/8/10% more damage for 3 seconds. Your Ranged encounter powers cause your Melee encounter powers to deal 2/4/6/8/10% more damage for 3 seconds. Duration of the buff may be refreshed.
Such change will be a slight buff to feat and fits well with Trapper’s playstyle. Both buffs could be active at the same time.

Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    kainan777kainan777 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    So much views and no reaction? LOL

BTW with RoA being broken and removed from rotations since M12b the only way for Trappers to stay more or less competitive with overbuffed Great Weapon Trickster Rogue With a Bow Combat HR is to use LSS all the time - in trash clearing and in boss fights which could be difficult to utilize sometimes.