test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Isolated newer L70s from contributing to Guild / SH Dunsgeon Quests

optolif1optolif1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Hello,

Thanks for the random queues -- neat idea.

Regrettably, when combined with the new SH dungeon quests, there is (seemingly) an unintended consequence of a swath of players that are prevented from contributing to their SH.

The daily dungeon quests from the Cleric now require 10K IL, which many new L70s are not there.

Would you please consider a tweak in this regard to afford players "not quite there" to participate fully with their guild.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The stronghold quest being the random dungeon was (IMO) a horrible idea. Nothing like hearing a guild-mate say, "Nope. We can't help you finish that Guild quest because we already have a tank. We'll be happy to help some random player though."

Please devs. Figure out a way to fix this. The idea is reasonable, but the implementation needs some work.

EDIT: To add some suggestions.
    • Add a button that removes the role requirement AND the AD bonus.
    • Give the queue leader a warning if the roles aren't filled rather than not allowing them to queue.
    • Reward Dungeoneer's Shards in the final chest instead of as a quest reward.
    • Make the quest a weekly to complete every epic dungeon (with scaling rewards for partial completion) and increase the reward accordingly.
    I'm sure there's other ways, just trying to get the ideas flowing.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Adding random dungeon/skirmish to SH quest would be a good idea. Replacing existing quests with that is a bad idea.
    I suggest putting back the original quests and add these 2 as the new quests.

This way, everybody will be happy.

For those who can't do RQ, they can do what they have been doing before mod 12b. Status quote (except no AD)

For those who can do RQ but don't want to do RQ, they can do what they have been doing before mod 12b. Status quote (except no AD).

For those who accumulate SH quests to do all in weekend, they can do what have been doing before mod 12b. Status quote (except no AD).

For those who can do RQ and want to give it a try, they can potentially finish 2 quests with ONE dungeon run (e.g. he has a ETOS quest and RQ happens to do ETOS). i.e. double the SH 'reward'. Incentive. Player will be happy.

People can potentially complete 3 SH quests in one day (that used to be one). Guild leaders will be happy.

RQ will seem to be useful in SH. Dev will be happy.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    aerthyn71aerthyn71 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Truth looks like the current model is here to stay - however, the Dungeoneering shards needs to be addressed for the people who fall between the cracks so to speak. It not only prevents them from donating to the Guild but earning guild marks for overloads and potions that they need to run through the content to progress in their boons. So it effects their guild and their character progression.

Stupid question - why not just add the Dungeoneering shards of power as a reward for completing the Normal pre-70 dungeon category - win win for everyone. There is no reason to gate these shards behind epic dungeons since for example you can get 20 Heroic shards from killing a Bullet and doing a big HE Beholders - just make the DSOP easier to get.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    I personally hate the new SH random dungeon quest.

In the past, I could visit the Cleric during the week, build up a list of dungeons to hit by adding new quests daily, then tackle all of them on my day off from work - hitting 4 or 5 dungeons in 1 day. NOW - the random choice means you can only do one and ONLY one dungeon quest per day - no saving up quests for when you have time.

It means guilds will take much, much longer to hit those Dungeoneer Shard targets...and for smaller guilds it could kill any interest in leveling.
  • Options
    aerthyn71aerthyn71 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I would love to see the stats on that - I save my quests up for when I can do them but in general who does complete them all - if everyone in the guild did then you wouldn't be concerned you would have maxed out already.

Hoarding quests from DSOP to complete is totally different from the other shards exception (HSOP the 10 you can hoard from Bullette/owlbears etc). And why would it kill any interest in levelling it is the other Currencies that are a major issue - as new/levelling players need the campaign currencies for Boons and for thier progression.

Boon/Campaign Progression versus Creating Skirmish/Dungeon Keys versus Stronghold Progression that hits the nail on the head.
  • Options
    Great ideas that I hope will receive consideration.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Exactly this issue was pointed on on Preview when the change was first described there. It was completely ignored.

You can hope for a change, but it looks almost as if they want to get rid of the smaller guilds.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    For me and my small guild it has only increased our shard earning.. being that most of have to pug dungeons and skirmishes because none of us are what you would call daily players, waiting for and epic q to pop would sometimes take hours if at all.. or wait to pick up Throne or Prophesy once a week because those at least popped regularly for pugs... now at least we can earn a minimum of 10 per day from at least the random skirmish q which seems to be popping with fairly regularity
    On a side note.. you can still earn a 2 whole shards (big woop) for running 12 full heroics in the 4 separate areas of the EE campaign... always said they needed to increase that to at least 10... there is also the one in EE campaign, but that one takes 5 full days to run for only 10 shards (another big woop) how bout making the reward 25 and I might consider rerunning that content
  • Options
    tyrlaan#5615 tyrlaan Member Posts: 36 Arc User

Please fix this. This change has basically killed my guild. I am the only level 70 that meets all the requirements for either the random skirmish or the epic dungeon random queue

This. Guild advancement pretty much has stopped. I'm gonna wait some time for a fix, at some point I'm not gonna wait anymore.
  • Options
    Thanks for addressing this matter!
  • Options
    docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I don't really know what they are on there at Cryptic, but they keep making stuff worse over and over.
    First they come with this Random Queue HAMSTER which gives people a choice between doing something they don't feel like doing or get punished by removing all AD and only get salvage. That is if the group actually manages to complete the epic dungeon.
    DPS GF's get pushed into tanking roles which they never really wanted but now are forced to play the game Cryptic wants them to play and not how the player wants to play it.

Next to that they now removed Merchants Folly from the random queue so now you can only go there and only are certain to get a purple shirt or pants if the group manages to get gold, but there is no way to get it when they made it so that you can have multiple of the same class in there which arent dps oriented.

Merchant Folly should have remained in the bloody skirmish tree but they should have woken up and realised that the issue wasn't the Folly but the fact people get dropped in random socalled Endgame Epics which shouldn't have been in the normal epic queu but in a seperate queue together with maybe TonG.

There should have been more stages in epic random queue and each stage should unlock several epics which you can randomly sign up for. Now it's all or nothing at all which is one of the most absurd things they could have come up with.

It's almost asif they held a competition of "Who can come up with worse idea's than Mod 6"

• Options
    shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    The SH cleric quests have always changed massively when going from 69 to 70. My characters are never ready for epic dungeons when first hitting 70, but that is all they were offered. However, I'm liking the random queue sofar. I can run a random skirmish quest, and a random low dungeon quest, but I don't qualify for running a random epic dungeon although the cleric offers me the quest. That part is not all that important. But it does seem like a trivial oversight to give a quest to a player who doesn't qualify to complete it.

I'm expecting this to be a bug (or maybe throwing a bone to the player for the aforementioned oversight) but the random epic dungeon quest CAN be completed even if you don't qualify for the random epic queue. I selected Shores, Kessel and epic Temple o Spider and queued up normally. Epic spider came up so I did it. Completing epic Spider counted for the random epic dungeon quest. Well that was nice. Doing same thing the next day and Shores came up and I did that. Did not count for the epic dungeon quest. (maybe because it's still classified as a skirmish?)
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited November 2017

The SH cleric quests have always changed massively when going from 69 to 70. My characters are never ready for epic dungeons when first hitting 70, but that is all they were offered. However, I'm liking the random queue sofar. I can run a random skirmish quest, and a random low dungeon quest, but I don't qualify for running a random epic dungeon although the cleric offers me the quest. That part is not all that important. But it does seem like a trivial oversight to give a quest to a player who doesn't qualify to complete it.

I'm expecting this to be a bug (or maybe throwing a bone to the player for the aforementioned oversight) but the random epic dungeon quest CAN be completed even if you don't qualify for the random epic queue. I selected Shores, Kessel and epic Temple o Spider and queued up normally. Epic spider came up so I did it. Completing epic Spider counted for the random epic dungeon quest. Well that was nice. Doing same thing the next day and Shores came up and I did that. Did not count for the epic dungeon quest. (maybe because it's still classified as a skirmish?)

If you are talking about the 2 quests from SH cleric quests, your level 70 character can do both quests.
    There is a recent update that you only need RQ skirmish and RQ dungeon (not necessary epic) to complete them.

Your "Epic dungeon completion" probably was not "Epic dungeon complete" but "ETOS completion" left from before mod 12b. The SH quests you acquired before mod 12b are still valid until you complete them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    shoziku222shoziku222 Member Posts: 67 Arc User

If you are talking about the 2 quests from SH cleric quests, your level 70 character can do both quests.
    There is a recent update that you only need RQ skirmish and RQ dungeon (not necessary epic) to complete them.

Your "Epic dungeon completion" probably was not "Epic dungeon complete" but "ETOS completion" left from before mod 12b. The SH quests you acquired before mod 12b are still valid until you complete them.
    Actually I get 3 quests from the SH cleric every day. All 3 of them are the new quests to complete the random queue. When I go to the queue screen, I only have the Random Skirmish and Random dungeon options, I do not qualify for the random epic dungeon queue, but the SH cleric gives me the quest anyway. I'm pretty sure I explained that but maybe I wasn't clear somewhere.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I liked the new system so much my main is almost permanently out of VIP matching AD. I'm concentrating on my alts to build up their AD with Random Skirmish and Dungeon (which pays better, even though it's easier) AD.