test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Flying Carpet Mount (Multiplayer Mount?!?!)

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
edited October 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Am I reading this correctly? The mount says there is room for one more?!?!?!

Mod edit: Removed all caps from subject line.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    OMG I want it!!!! I can kidnap people!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    My question is, if your companion is a humanoid type and you don't take another player as a passenger, does your companion ride with you instead? That would be cool.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Is this a new version of driving around in a Van?
  • Options
    karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Neverwinter cabbie! LOL!
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I just want my Imperial Drake
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Ok it can seat 2 but does it fly or just float? The images are showing this soaring like the Flying Carpets in Champions Online. If they just float or hover, then I just don't care. However then images they are showing on the blog, are somewhat misleading players.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

Ok it can seat 2 but does it fly or just float? The images are showing this soaring like the Flying Carpets in Champions Online. If they just float or hover, then I just don't care. However then images they are showing on the blog, are somewhat misleading players.

Misleading? You mean like the time they had a companion sale, and the image used for the sale showed a character with a companion that was not and never was available in game? ;)

The carpet probably floats like a tensors. Flying mounts would be fun, but they don't have the resources.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @oldbaldyone What do you mean they don't have the resources? Champions Online was created and is still maintained by this same company. Flying around the cities has not only been an aspect of CO but on STO as well for years. It was removed from the game engine when they created Neverwinter.

What I mean by misleading is showing a carpet flying high above the city and just floating a few feet off the ground. At first. I assumed the image was misleading with the dual riders on it, and I came here and found out they are going to allow 2 riders. I would be highly disappointed to shell out $35 or more on Zen just to find out my mount failed to deliver. I am not an impromptu buyer, but I know some people are, and just know the image is going to disappoint them.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    I agree with you its misleading - sorry if I didn't make that clear. They have used several misleading images in the past - glad to see this one is at least partially right.

Now that I think about it, there probably isn't that much they would need to do to get flying mounts going. Fill in some texture holes (for areas that weren't meant to be scene) and then just reskin the current flying mounts (carpet, tensors, gryphons, etc) to make more. that said...I don't think this would have as huge of an impact as it did on like WoW, since everything is zoned/instanced.
  • Options
    > @sandukutupu said:
    > @oldbaldyone What do you mean they don't have the resources? Champions Online was created and is still maintained by this same company. Flying around the cities has not only been an aspect of CO but on STO as well for years. It was removed from the game engine when they created Neverwinter.
    >
    > What I mean by misleading is showing a carpet flying high above the city and just floating a few feet off the ground. At first. I assumed the image was misleading with the dual riders on it, and I came here and found out they are going to allow 2 riders. I would be highly disappointed to shell out $35 or more on Zen just to find out my mount failed to deliver. I am not an impromptu buyer, but I know some people are, and just know the image is going to disappoint them.

It's going to take more than 300.00 worth of keys to get this mount. Trust me I took note of each mount I obtained from lock.boxes... 200-300 keys worth spammed at a time for 1 mount each time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

It's going to take more than 300.00 worth of keys to get this mount. Trust me I took note of each mount I obtained from lock.boxes... 200-300 keys worth spammed at a time for 1 mount each time.

Someone owes me about 3-4 legendary mounts then ;) I'll hold my breath.
  • Options
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. Also my price tag is a rough estimate of what the item will cost, once it hits the Zen market. I know mounts are first featured in lockboxes, but I don't play the scratch off tickets. As I have told many friends before, I already attend AA the last thing I need is another addiction. They never post the odds, but I have seen data where you have 0.14% chance to win the legendary mount. That means 14 in 10,000 (1:715) are the odds, that is a lot of keys! So 300 keys is being conservative.

I was online today but didn't see any flying carpets yet.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    There are a few magic carpets in Chult. Edit: after a quick test my friend kept falling off if he types or moves while we are moving and no matter what I do he always falls off if I'm using 110 speed and my mount speed Guild Boon. Plus as mentioned already the ride isn't smooth. Please fix. Thank you.
    Post edited by orangebang on