test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dread ring Knox's quests

andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
Sergeant Knox in Dread Ring provides quests to Dread Spire, Phantasmal Fortress and Death Forge. These quests are supposed to provide specific results on certain days of the week (Greater Marks of Stability, Union and Power) depending of the place you enter. The coresponding description for each place seems to be completely off compared to the actual result, with Greater Marks of Union being the rarest of all. Maybe you can take a look at that?

Comments

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Last I checked it's correct. Its a chance of a Greater mark, not a guarantee. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are set mark days for the three lairs and Sat+Sun are random no matter where you go.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Tues, Wed, Thurs you can do the quest and get the specific mark.

On Saturday and Sunday, for whatever reason, entering by the quest gives a random mark. However, using a lair key (bought with Vanguard Scrip) will still yield the correct mark.

However, the quality if the mark is always random, Green, Blue or Purple. Doing a lair outside the specified day will never yield a mark regardless of means of entry.

Note however that these distinctions will be erased in Mod 12.5 as all of the current marks will become a single type, renamed Enchanting Stones. At this point, doing lairs on T, W, Th, Sa, Su will all have the same items though the range in quality will be unchanged.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    pitshade said:

Tues, Wed, Thurs you can do the quest and get the specific mark.

On Saturday and Sunday, for whatever reason, entering by the quest gives a random mark. However, using a lair key (bought with Vanguard Scrip) will still yield the correct mark.

However, the quality if the mark is always random, Green, Blue or Purple. Doing a lair outside the specified day will never yield a mark regardless of means of entry.

Note however that these distinctions will be erased in Mod 12.5 as all of the current marks will become a single type, renamed Enchanting Stones. At this point, doing lairs on T, W, Th, Sa, Su will all have the same items though the range in quality will be unchanged.

Exactly, results seem to be random on specified days (although I get enough purple quality). Problem is that Union seem to be more rare than the others (although this can be purery due to poor RNG).
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It is just RNG. Before the last refining event, I had accumulated rather more Union than either Power or Stability.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    pitshade said:

It is just bad RNG. Before the last refining event, I had accumulated rather more Union than either Power or Stability.

I corrected it for you :)