test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double diamonds

Guys I don't know about you but im ready for a double ad event. My characters are almost full. The other thing I've noticed is the market is dead not much is selling. How does everyone else feel about this

Comments

• king#6769 king Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    It hasn't been the same since the big Zen sale
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I can't seem to sell anything that is over 100K AD and I am pricing things very fairly or even very low. Either a big chunk of the player base is on break or we are all broke.

High level (rank11+) normal enchants and bonding stones are down in price by at least 20% and still won't sell, maybe there is just no demand for these items...

I spent 5 weeks trying to sell a purple forgehammer at almost 50% less then previous prices, I gave up and traded it.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    I agree. I am hoping to see an event here this fall sometime however the lack of liquid currency in the marketplace is definitely causing issues.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    But we have coins of waukeen this weekend...oh boy :(
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Between saving up items for double refinement and saving epic a possible double AD my bank slot and bags for all my toons are full. Not to mention the bonus rough astral diamonds for my lesser played toons are almost maxed out.
  • thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    I have the same problem. Also have a lot of items donated by my guild to purchase another Bank slot and I'm waiting for double add scrap them all. What's a guy to do with 75 plus two rings?
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Brutal prices are still pretty low after the event. ZAX is pretty stable at these 300 AD/Zen. Masterworking prices are, expectedly, going down with more people progressing in these recipes. Legendary and epic mounts are going down too with the higher drop rates and more freebees from the events. Old campaign resources are expectedly going down. Artifacts and RP are where they typically are before 2xRP. In other words I'm not seeing anything unusual here. :smile:
    Post edited by randomdigits#2166 on
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Doubt we get another ad, wouldn't count on it. Kind of blows everything up.

Only reason it didn't last time was the zen sale and store sale. Kinda kept everything from hitting 500 ad per zen
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I think the AH situation is as much down to more competition as anything else.
    There are new names constantly popping up and selling stuff cheaper than the market standard, and I'm not talking about someone who makes a single batch of a professions commodity and sells it at 10AD less. I'm talking about mass production at 25% of the previous prices.
    Prices are governed by two figures; what the customer is willing to pay at the top end, and the lowest price the seller is prepared to sell for at the bottom. When someone new comes in and is happy to make peanuts, then there'll be no shortage of buyers.

I think the ADX will need to drop below 270 and stay there a while before they consider a double AD, and that will only be if the sale of Zen drops off as a result of zen buyers not feeling like they are getting enough in the trade.

If you've a truck full of salvage yet don't feel there are enough AD in circulation... as yourself why that might be.
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Personally i still find 300AD/zen a lot. Maybe its because i played in the time it was 180...

I personally save my purples for double AD but i salvage all blues on the spot... and when my spaces get full i just replace items by what make the most AD. For instance replacing a purple breastplate from ETOS by a +4 ring i have no use for.

I think there is one major reason why the sales may be on the lowest. The problem is, every good items you can get these days is a bound to character/account. You have to rely on luck to get it. Peoples have been playing for years, they have been getting those boundinds or vorpals etc etc. Most peoples decided to not go for the SKT weapons as they asked for way way too much to restore them. The only thing that may have still a good value is legendary mounts. If the bound would be removed on those +5 rings from MSVA etc, that could help greatly on the economy.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Most people are waiting for the next mod, or a 2x AD event, since yes most are either broke, or waiting to sell items. :P In my case been full on salvage for a long time now, waiting for the next mod n' only log in for ViP.
  • king#6769 king Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I wish they would just hurry up and give us the double ad event already. I'm overflowing here
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    king#6769 said:

I wish they would just hurry up and give us the double ad event already. I'm overflowing here

Double AD events are a form of quantitative easing. They are used to rebalance the in game economy when it gets out of kilter...
    "I have too much stored salvage" doesn't qualify.
    It's not a regular reward system for people who stockpile purple salvage.

The economy is doing fine right now, so to throw in double AD would probably do more harm than good.

Which, given the new plans for Random Queues, probably means there'll be a month long double AD event just around the corner.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I'm not overflowing yet (thanks to the another [Runic Bag of Holding] I was able to add in this module), but I can see how lots of people, even those not hoarding the salvage, would get their bags full due to these RP system changes announced several weeks ago. Now most of the refinement is stalled in expectation of cheaper refinement coming in the future, GMOPs are down to 4.5K and SMOPS are at 60 K.

Getting a lot of blue rings and epic gear every day from the hunts I just salvage it nowadays. If double refinement comes I would still make a lot of raw AD (probably over a million) from just the trade bar points.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers