test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DEX vs CHA and DMG vs Crit Sev pets when not using Vorpal

trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
Does it make sense to reroll (max STR) and put points into CHA instead of DEX for CA damage and cap Crit with more Azures and consumables at the cost of some Power when using Lightning so diminishing return on Crit Sev+CA is not an issue like with Vorpal (can also use consumables with +Crit Sev)? And also switch from Dragonborn to Half Orc for extra 5% Crit Sev (the 3% more Crit from Dragonborn is for stat or chance btw?).

With companion setup: Con Artist, Air and Earth Archons, Siege Master and Erinyes my guess would be it's not worth to push further with Crit Sev pets, but with Mod 12 debuff changes would Con Artist/Sellsword still remain the best summoned companion or changing to Air/Fire Archon would be better? And if so would another Crit Sev pet be better than Fire Archon?

Question on a side note about using two sets with different enchants for trash and single target. MW II set with T.Lightning for trash (because of the issue with Wheel animation cancel and triggering defense buff from Relic), and then Relic set with different enchant for single target, but the question is which one? As I understood Holy is (expensive) best when melting bosses so fast DoTs from Bilethorn and Flaming don't have time to kick in, but until getting there which would be better: Flaming or Terror (both kinda cheap on PS4)? And what exactly is that jamming issue with Flaming? @rjc9000

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    *Prepares joke about Sharp/Janne "Crit Severity Diminishing Returns" trigger*

---

Okay, so with Flaming, its damage is split into two parts:

Initial hit for 17% of weapon damage
    DoT hit for 11% of weapon damage which caps out at 3 stacks.

You can only have 3 stacks on target at once and the DoT stacks are expended at a rate of ~ a stack per every half second (take with a grain of salt, as that's done from what I can see, and I didn't do a frame by frame test).

If you attack while your target has 3 stacks on target, then you only get the Flaming 17% initial hit because you're attacking too fast for the Flaming stacks to clear. IThis starts putting Flaming's damage behind the other enchants (compare only getting 17% of weapon damage to Terror's 30%, Holy's 40% with buff/30% without, Feytouch's 18% buff + weapon proc, Lightning's initial 25% hit + burst; all of those hit instantaneously and don't require you to wait).

I suppose "jamming" isn't the right word, but I was thinking about semi auto weapons in any shooter when trying to convey the concept. If you mash the trigger faster than the gun's coded fire rate, then you effectively "jam" the gun, causing the weapon to stop firing, and, in turn, lowering your DPS (which can get you killed), so you end up doing more damage if you pace your shots than trying to fire as fast as possible.

Same idea with Flaming, as one of the devs literally suggested that you hit at a rate of 1x per second.

I would personally pick Terror, as it's quite literally the poor man's Holy Avenger.

• Options
    eclipse#6873 eclipse Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Would it be better to still stack crit if u do go with terror, just recently started a gwf a few days ago and almost lvl 70
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Crit is always a good thing in PVE, esp for damage dealers.
  • Options
    swizz#5552 swizz Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    if u have 85% arm pen is terror then still good or betten then a holy?
  • Options

if u have 85% arm pen is terror then still good or better then a holy?

Holy versus Terror comes down to your fight length.

If your fights finish in 15 seconds or less, then you're better off with Holy.

However, if your fights take significantly longer than that, then Terror's debuff causes Terror to win over Holy due to Terror's debuff being a more consistent DPS increase.

• Options
    rjc9000 said:

if u have 85% arm pen is terror then still good or better then a holy?

Holy versus Terror comes down to your fight length.

If your fights finish in 15 seconds or less, then you're better off with Holy.

However, if your fights take significantly longer than that, then Terror's debuff causes Terror to win over Holy due to Terror's debuff being a more consistent DPS increase.
    ty, whatz about the con artist or sellsword, they patched it ? or still stacking up too 5.
  • Options
    Still stacks up to however many you have in the team, so if you have 15, you can stack it 15 times.

Incidentally, this is how Sharp and Janne calculated the Mod12 debuff curve.

Sharp got a boatload of people with the sword trio comps to come on preview, I believe it was ~15 or so.
    We just got all our sword trio comps to smack the training dummy and the debuff icon showed multiple stacks.

• Options
    is the metalic dragonborn buggy? with the 3% crit etc..