test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aboleth vs. Fey for a Templock

arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
I have been comparing both sets bonuses. It seems that the extra Lifesteal chance from Aboleth would result in more healing, but there's only a 33% chance for it to proc once every 30 seconds, and the other two potential buffs are lackluster. Fey however, is 6% outgoing healing increase guaranteed along with 10% AP and only a 1% drop in outgoing damage buff every 30 seconds. I currently have the Aboleth set for all my loadouts and I am feeling a bit of buyer's remorse. I am considering the Fey for my Temptation loadout and even swapping it in place of Aboleth in my Fury loadout. Any thoughts?

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Mirage ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • arod7932arod7932 Member Posts: 93 Arc User

Mirage ftw

Care to elaborate?
  • pyrosorcererpyrosorcerer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    He is speaking of the Mirage Weapon set from mod 11
  • backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Only question I have on the fey set, is the healing done by a SW considered "healing" in the mechanics/programming?

Seems like everything else that buffs healing "spells", ignores healing done via the temp capstone.

Granted the fey set bonus doesn't add the "spell" descriptor (and I took fey regardless ) anyone confirm it modifies SW healing? Inquiring minds...
    Saved!
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    And why templock should bother with fey weapon to boost up healing?
    Templocks healing scale depending on dealt dmg, so I prefer aboleth aboleth <. I deal more dmg = I heal more, + I help groups with decent dmg output, also extra dmg good for solo gameplay...
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    It does offer more healing overall. I play my healing as much as any other buildout so the -1% damage doesn't seem that big of deal for +6% healing... especially with the limited avenues to buff healing with equipment.

lol I'm obviously not optimal though, I took the set without knowing if it even works with us... only thinking damn it, it should!... :p
    Saved!

He is speaking of the Mirage Weapon set from mod 11

Don't insult my intelligence. I wanted his reasoning as to why Mirage would be a better pick.
    Haha mate, wasn't trying to, read your comment too fast and misinterpreted it.

However I have considered mirage myself. Imo fey could be nice for AP, but the healing bonus is not needed as you should heal too much already with decent gear. Aboleth has the bug that the dot effect disturbs enemy visuals, aka the dancing effect, which is annoying for the tanks.

Mirage however could be nice as I believe the illusions proc weapon enchants and maybe more things (someone else have to confirm this). The bonus should also give 10% damage versus big dinos with shields, thrannosaur, t-rex and king of spines. Not sure if some boss in the dungeon has shields as well. But an interesting set
    The extra weapon enchant ticks would probably benefit those with weapon damage type enchants the most ofc, not that much with vorpal or dread.

Haha mate, wasn't trying to, read your comment too fast and misinterpreted it.

However I have considered mirage myself. Imo fey could be nice for AP, but the healing bonus is not needed as you should heal too much already with decent gear. Aboleth has the bug that the dot effect disturbs enemy visuals, aka the dancing effect, which is annoying for the tanks.

Mirage however could be nice as I believe the illusions proc weapon enchants and maybe more things (someone else have to confirm this). The bonus should also give 10% damage versus big dinos with shields, thrannosaur, t-rex and king of spines. Not sure if some boss in the dungeon has shields as well. But an interesting set

That is an interesting point about the illusions and the dinos. I think the problem is that no one really knows all the ins-and-outs of what the illusions can do (at least not yet). Being on console makes this very frustrating to test. For now I am sticking with Aboleth. I also did not know that the dancing bug, while funny, causes headaches for tanks. Still actively working toward relic and masterwork sets and they will eventually replace Aboleth for some loadouts.
  • random1selfrandom1self Member Posts: 34 Arc User

Templocks healing scale depending on dealt dmg, so I prefer aboleth aboleth

I thought templocks scaled with life steal chance. The higher the life steal chance, the more of your damage is being converted towards healing. Plus with more life steal you'll be able to proc dark revelry more often.
    edited September 2017

Templocks healing scale depending on dealt dmg, so I prefer aboleth aboleth

I thought templocks scaled with life steal chance. The higher the life steal chance, the more of your damage is being converted towards healing. Plus with more life steal you'll be able to proc dark revelry more often.
    Templock healing scales with both damage and with lifesteal. You must have some lifesteal to actually heal, but I can give you two quite easy examples of how it would work:

Scenario 1: You deal 50k damage per second and have 50% lifesteal chance -> This means you will have 25k heal per second (if there are people to heal)

Scenario 2: You deal 100k dps and have 25% lifesteal chance -> This also gives you 25k heal per second.

So the overall point is that overkilling on lifesteal chance actually is not that great as you will lose lots on damage per second. Having a moderate lifesteal chance and very high damage is the best way to go on templock in my opinion. This will benefit the group more than a low damage templock with crazy high lifesteal chance. The numbers above are out from Single Target damage values, if you are calculating for the AoE ones you need to multiplicate the heal per sec by 3/10.
  • sorcha#9865 sorcha Member Posts: 32 Arc User

I dealing with this very question...apart from options there is no data on witch is better....
    Am running Aboleth myself and probably considered third in the rank with Relic and SH weapons on top 1 and 2. Not sure which of those are the best overall, but I believe SH weapons are BiS if the entire group got them. Aboleth aren't far behind I would guess, and the visual bug they are creating now (sometimes) will be fixed either for 12b or shortly after.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

Am running Aboleth myself and probably considered third in the rank with Relic and SH weapons on top 1 and 2. Not sure which of those are the best overall, but I believe SH weapons are BiS if the entire group got them. Aboleth aren't far behind I would guess, and the visual bug they are creating now (sometimes) will be fixed either for 12b or shortly after.

etelgrin said:

So is this aboleth weapon good? I crafted & refined Mirage, I thought the clones would proc Creeping Death from eldritch blast they cast but no they don't proc that unlike Mirage for CW that procs Abyss of Chaos all over the place like there is no tomorrow. I was disappointed and could instead try Aboleth but is it actually worth it? is the DoT some actually good damage?

With Aboleth weapon is trick. That DoT effect can be full crti or non crit..
    If happens that you trigger this DoT effect with crit hit, all DoT hits become full crit too. Thats mean, any powers you used become full crit. Thats including Tyrannical Curse or even Pillar of Power. Actually I had crit PoP way before Devs fixed this problem within preview. But I didn't liked performance I get from it. And it's was one of main reasons why I where against Pop crit idea in thread>
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1234393/pillar-of-power-minor-changes-suggestion

Also if you you trigger DoT with crit hit and you land Tyrannical Curse. Well all hits via TC become crit too.
    And with fury build SW it's big boost. ACC class feature + Infernal wrath feat = high dmg increase against multi targets.
    However it's still not as good as combo> tans lightning + Aboleth DoT . Which lead to all Lightning hits do high crits. :)

========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================