test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Angel of protection

odinguard#3346 odinguard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
Any reason not to use angel of protection?

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    It's active bonus is only useful if you die a lot. Do you die a lot?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Building on what Kreatyve said... because for virtually every class and build there is a "better" companion to use instead, provided you do not die a lot ;)
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    AFAIK the angel can't activate bonding runestones which basically rules her out as a possible choice for summoned companion.

The same goes for all leader companions that don't have any offensive power.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    The active bonus isn't very useful at all. 10% - meh

Heals are ok between fights but nothing that potions can't replace.
  • Options
    volkihar#6493 volkihar Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    artifleur said:

AFAIK the angel can't activate bonding runestones which basically rules her out as a possible choice for summoned companion.

The same goes for all leader companions that don't have any offensive power.

I have the Priestess of Sehanine Moonbow and she activates Bonding, maybe no so often but she does, same with Lillend, and Priestess of Sune.
  • Options
    odinguard#3346 odinguard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    So the Angel is broken. Because bondings proc is not working. But when they fix it it has nice powers as active. For example the 30% Less incoming damage.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There is no guarantee that it will ever be fixed.

Frankly, healing pets are a crutch for any class and the GF has some of the best self heals in the game. I am not a min maxer and if you want it for aesthetic reasons, fine but as far as usefulness it is limited. The class has the tools to be tanky and self healing without relying on a pet.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother