test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why are not long time disconnected players not automatically removed from dungeons?

When in a dungeon instance and someone is disconnected for a long time, why are they not removed from the instance after some time?

Comments

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Because in a private queue group, the leader gets to decide when to kick someone.

We have some folks with spotty connections in our guild so it's common that they might disconnect somewhere at the beginning of a dungeon, and then we will keep pushing on and only wait for them before the last boss. More often than not, they come back and are thrilled that they didn't get kicked and replaced.

Now, if the party is struggling, then it's probably appropriate to kick and replace after some time. But who makes that call? Queue group leader :)
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,113 Arc User
    If it is public, after a few minutes of being discon the game will kick the person and start looking for a replacement.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

If it is public, after a few minutes of being discon the game will kick the person and start looking for a replacement.

Is it a few minutes? I thought it starts searching for a replacement immediately and will kick + replace as soon as anyone matching the required role queues up.

Might be wrong, just haven't heard of any kind of waiting period before replacements in a pub q, and I've seen replacements sent in almost immediately after someone disconnects.

This is another reason I almost exclusively run priv queues... because I want to give folks a chance to reconnect :)
  • Options
    luvirini#8766 luvirini Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    greywynd said:

it was public and they did not get removed for at least 7 minutes.
  • Options
    edited July 2017

greywynd said:

The reason is very likely that nobody of the required role was trying to solo-pug-q that particular content at that particular time.

Often times you see requests "LF1M DC for CN just queue" because their DC dropped and they are in a pug queue, so cannot add one directly. Someone with a healer role (DC or DevOP) would need to solo-queue for that exact dungeon or whatnot in order for them to get the reinforcement.

(It's also especially fun when you try to do this to help a friend in need, but a couple ppl jump to help and you get stuck in some random group... yet another reason to always priv q)
  • Options
    luvirini#8766 luvirini Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    dupeks said:

greywynd said:

The reason is very likely that nobody of the required role was trying to solo-pug-q that particular content at that particular time.
    It was cloak tower during a busy time and when I left I got a new queue in the normal 1 second so no one queuing solo does not sound likely.