test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lockboxes

I am trying to figure out the lockboxes. I am VIP have been for 2 years now open boxes with the keys plus have bought tons of keys and keep opening the boxes only to get things I can't use or have no value.

I see people selling epic items, epic packs, epic mounts or whatever all the time in trade chat but don't understand how someone can keep getting good items over and over again when I have never got anything good.

I have opened 3000 plus lockboxes and have never got any epic items I have never got a artifact nothing good at all. The only mount I ever got was a 50 speed mount. I get a lot of profession items or I get the companion upgrade that gives me a few runestones and a 50000 experience book for companion or I get the insignia packs all the time. Those are the main packs I get over and over again.

I don't even get artifacts for end bosses. The artifacts I have got I have either traded for or bought from the trade house.

What is the chance, odds, rate, etc when opening a lockbox and getting better gear like epic mounts or epic companions or even artifacts?

At times it is like the game is one sided towards certain players. I know it is a free to play game but I have spent money as well on this game hoping toy get better items with no luck. This last 50% of sale I bought enough Zen to buy 100 keys and opened box after box and got nothing useful.

Does anyone have any sort of clue as to any of this?
Wicked War1ock

Comments

• Options
    wickedwar1ock#4166 wickedwar1ock Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    That's what I was wondering but I have issues with spending ad and not saving it up. I think I might just have to try harder or something. Thanks.
    Wicked War1ock
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

That's what I was wondering but I have issues with spending ad and not saving it up. I think I might just have to try harder or something. Thanks.

Don't feel bad, I have the same issues, and I love to gamble a bit too much.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    I've never had much of anything special from lockboxes, but I don't expect to. The fact that VIP gives you one per day is a bonus as far as I'm concerned. I usually get 4 or 5 Greater Potency a month, plus a couple of hundred Trade Bars, which soon add up. It's all "Money for nothing" as Mark Knopfler might say...

If you want to avoid Professions see if you can gt hold of the last one, "Many Starred" I think it was called. It had no profession pack in it.
  • Options
    Yeah I have tried many different lockboxes with no luck yet.
    Wicked War1ock
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the people you see getting a ton of stuff repeatedly are opening THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of lockboxes. some people spend stupid money on this game. but yeah luck also has to do with it. some people have good rng blessings and some don't. I have decent rng on xbox and TERRIBAD rng on ps4. really really bad. it is a thing. like others have said best way to get something you want is to buy it flat out.
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited July 2017

the people you see getting a ton of stuff repeatedly are opening THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of lockboxes. some people spend stupid money on this game. but yeah luck also has to do with it. some people have good rng blessings and some don't. I have decent rng on xbox and TERRIBAD rng on ps4. really really bad. it is a thing. like others have said best way to get something you want is to buy it flat out.

Actually shouldn't it be "some stupid people spend money on this game"? Please don't insult the money. :D
  • Options
    neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    I open my keys on sundays only. Which means i usually have 15-25 by the end of the week due to 22 characters and prayer cycles and 40% of key coupons. I only play on 4 toons max for dailies, but i cycle prayer a few times a day on everyone.

But in opening them on one day it makes me think my rewards are better. I used to open them one whenever i got a key and got major disappointment (think fashion packs). Since switching to a weekly opening of keys, I like my rng better.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I fired off 100 glorious boxes yesterday and hit 3 epic packs, not that those are all that valuable right now, the auction house is flooded with supply from the 50% sale.

If instead of opening 100 boxes, you could have sold the 5000 zen for close to 2 million AD that week and you could have bought around 10 epic packs (assumes the ZAX was near 400 AD per and the packs are down around 200K AD)....
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Not sure what epic packs you are talking about for 200k. The ones I am looking for are the legendary packs I see are 5 million ad plus for the epic mount pack that's when I can find them up on the trade house.
    Post edited by wickedwar1ock#4166 on
    Wicked War1ock
  • Options
    neverburnaclown#3112 neverburnaclown Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Purple mount, artifact, and companion packs. All about 150-300k currently. These are the epic packs.

The orange one is the legendary pack. And at 5 million i'd be very hesitant due to summer event scammers. very very hesitant.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Purple mount, artifact, and companion packs. All about 150-300k currently. These are the epic packs.

The orange one is the legendary pack. And at 5 million i'd be very hesitant due to summer event scammers. very very hesitant.

The Legendary thing from the summer event has a very different name, and hopefully won't be on the AH at all this year. Still waiting for confirmation on it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    5 million is a steal for the legendary packs at least in recent terms of the cost of those packs, 2 months ago they were 20 million, and same deal, its all luck...lockboxes are like lottery tickets, if you do enough of them you will eventually hit something but you might run out of money before you do and what you 'win' might be less than you invested if your luck is bad.

As far as legendary packs, the drop rate on those is low. You could open 1000 boxes and hit 1, but the norm is typically a bit higher. There are people that do tests of the boxes to estimate the drop rates but I would say you are probably due for some luck soon. I have opened several thousand boxes over the past two years, I have seen only 3 legendary packs. They are very rare, something like 1:2000 or maybe a bit more or less now, the rolls seem to have been adjusted.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    sleepy725sleepy725 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Several thousand and you have seen 3 legendary packs lol. I have opened over 5k boxes and never seen a legendary. Never had a good drop from a dungeon and no plus 5 rings. No matter what they say rng is rigged against some people period. That's why I quit the game after the winter event. I'm back playing with friends now but I now no longer care about being the best of the best. Not worth my time/money.