test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thieves with no ethics

On Tuesday morning at 6 a.m. est. Neverwinter Ps4 posted a 50% off sale. I immediately removed and sold every enchantment I had ranging from rank 10 to 12 and 2 transcendants and sold them for a good price to move fast. I used the ad I made and converted them to zen at 476 per 100.
When I went to the zen market to spend my zen it did not work, the store was broken. It took about 35 minutes to start working again and when it did the sale was replaced with a 15% off discount. I did what anyone else would have done because they waited hours to announce the real 50% off sale and sold my zen for ad at a loss off 125 exchange rate to try to get my stuff back. It was too late.
Yesterday I decided to buy some legendary dragon keys, a bunch of them, too farm dungeons in hopes to get some stuff to sell and replace my stuff with. The keys never even went into my inventory.
I sent in a ticket and the end of their response was, and I quote "feel free to contact your local legal representitive."
This is after I even sent a copy of the receipt.

Who the hell do you people think you are? Do you actually think I am going to sit here and allow you to steal from me without any repercussions?
You are both insane and foolish at the same time.
Posting publically your company address and then stealing money from your meal tickets is a dangerous game.
Be seeing you.

Comments

• I should add that I have been playing on ps4 since release and have spent thousands...no kidding...on this game. This is not even close to being the first time they scammed me. I cannot and will not allow this one to fly.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The sale didn't work for a bit but was fixed and extended - you however, made a ton of bad decisions in an effort to maximise your profit.

They are responsible for their sale but you are responsible for your choices.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • dantragbdantragb Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Your problem is going to come with the exact term of false advertising they will state that it was a glitch completely out of their control and as they fixed it as soon as they where able(ha).The ad market crash was a side product of the "glitch" that was an unforseen problem however where they fall down is the sheer back catalogue of critical failures due to either bad programming or timing issues in the programming.As for telling the poster he made a bunch of bad decisions well so did a hell of a lot of people and a lot of them where compensated it all depends which Cs if its one with Twylo in his name you'r utterly Emu'd but good luck op I wish you well.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    See, here's the thing. You call them thieves but that implies that they profited more by the sale going wrong than they did by it going right.

That is a completely different thing to you selling all your gear then (once realising the sale wasn't working) - checking the forum/twitter etc, seeing there was an issue and waiting for it to work, instead you wasted all of your zen by selling it back to other players at a loss - which was of course a panic reaction, especially as the market jumped even higher once the sale started working properly.

In no way would Cryptic have profited by your buying high and selling low - other players would've profited from it.

I also suspect that if CS told you to "contact your legal representative" it was in response to you thinking you could threaten them with legal action - without actually understanding the legal situation.

So, stop blaming other people for your illogical reactions and suck it up.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • xinexixxinexix Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    You don't need to profit from stealing to be a thief. Plus they don't announce anything until it's to late for a lot of people. Past experiences with the game actually causes the panic response when something like this happens, because you don't know whether or not cryptic will even acknowledge that there's a problem. Even if they DO acknowledge there's a problem you don't know if they are going to fix it. We all know if they can't "recreate the issue 100% of the time" they don't even try, but that doesn't stop them from continuing the sale/event/etc.

Perfect example is the portobello campaign. This is content the devs seemed to take pride in, but players have complained about artificers workshop for 2 years now and nothing has changed. Even when they fixed the exploit they let several players keep all of the tanks they exploited.

Oh lets not forget the most recent screw up. The mysterious merchant. Alliances across consoles have probably spent over 100m to build this and it's not even woi. Will they get compensated for wasting all this money? Probably not.

It all comes down to trust and frankly... a lot of players simply don't trust cryptic. And it's not like we started playing the game with that attitude, in fact quite the opposite.

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    I can understand your frustration and anger as well as your desire to give feedback about your experience.

However, I am sorry you had such an experience but you may not discuss your desire to take action against the company on the forums.

Regards,
    -Ambisinisterr
    Cryptic Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.