test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weopon damage glitched

Not sure if those having issues with damage output have been able to show it. I've made a couple of videos trying to capture it first hand. If you want to see the issue happening check my xbox profile gt: xXDiesalXx watch last couple of videos can see what is going on best i could show. Removed companion and sudden rings trying to get a consistent number. Hope they get it fixed if they even will.

Comments

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I too was doing some testing this weekend. I was trying to make sense of the numbers in the log. What I kept finding is no matter what rings and companions I stripped off, the damage created was not consistent with the range of damage listed on the powers, these numbers change as you slot or unslot things such as more power, companions etc.

My conclusion was that the damage listed must not take into account any feats that increase damage...your video seems to be showing more of a loss of damage similar to the other post in this area
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • rapidready#7921 rapidready Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2017
    Sometimes the mods that you roll on your artifact weapons bug your damage output. If this is the case.. do a ability/stat change on your weapon with cubes of augmentation.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

I too was doing some testing this weekend. I was trying to make sense of the numbers in the log. What I kept finding is no matter what rings and companions I stripped off, the damage created was not consistent with the range of damage listed on the powers, these numbers change as you slot or unslot things such as more power, companions etc.

My conclusion was that the damage listed must not take into account any feats that increase damage...your video seems to be showing more of a loss of damage similar to the other post in this area

The tooltips in this game leave a lot to be desired. They are inconsistent and often misleading about the nature of powers / interactions.

With that said, some but not all things increase tooltip damage. Power, for instance, generally speaking does increase tooltips. Debuffs that "reduce damage reduction" or "increase incoming damage" on enemies generally speaking does not show up on tooltips.

Feats are a mixed bag. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they do even when they shouldn't (check out CW's disintegrate, whose tooltip increases when you slot arcane presence in anticipation of dealing more damage to chilled / frozen targets... but because of that overstates damage that will be done to non-frozen enemies...).

TL;DR: Don't trust the tooltips. I haven't seen OP's videos and I can't right now. But if they can describe the issue a little better I might be able to speculate hehe.

BTW most weapons don't have a fixed damage number, most have a damage range. That makes it annoying to conduct any kind of testing.
  • diesalkilla02#5142 diesalkilla02 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    dupeks said:

The tooltips in this game leave a lot to be desired. They are inconsistent and often misleading about the nature of powers / interactions.

With that said, some but not all things increase tooltip damage. Power, for instance, generally speaking does increase tooltips. Debuffs that "reduce damage reduction" or "increase incoming damage" on enemies generally speaking does not show up on tooltips.

Feats are a mixed bag. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they do even when they shouldn't (check out CW's disintegrate, whose tooltip increases when you slot arcane presence in anticipation of dealing more damage to chilled / frozen targets... but because of that overstates damage that will be done to non-frozen enemies...).

TL;DR: Don't trust the tooltips. I haven't seen OP's videos and I can't right now. But if they can describe the issue a little better I might be able to speculate hehe.

BTW most weapons don't have a fixed damage number, most have a damage range. That makes it annoying to conduct any kind of testing.
    I understand weopons have a certain range of dmg. Not a consistent number but to hit for for ex. 1st hit sure strike gwf atwill 17k, 2nd swing 15, 500, 3rd swing 0 dmg, 4th swing 0 wtf is that has nothing with needing a tool tip test or anything that's just straight broken and i have the video to prove it. Doesnt take rocket sience to know they need to fix it!!!!
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Can you post the video? What you're describing is very unusual, and you are one of the few (if not only) person experiencing this at this time.

Help us help you. If you don't provide more information, the only way this gets fixed is if the devs randomly stumble upon your problem and a solution to it. Based on my experience with this game, I'd give that a big fat 0% likelihood of happening.
    I don't know how to post it directly can go to my videos on my xbox live profile xXDiesalXx and it's the video
    dupeks said:

Can you post the video? What you're describing is very unusual, and you are one of the few (if not only) person experiencing this at this time.

Help us help you. If you don't provide more information, the only way this gets fixed is if the devs randomly stumble upon your problem and a solution to it. Based on my experience with this game, I'd give that a big fat 0% likelihood of happening.

It's on my xbox live videos not sure how to share it with a link. Should i upload to one drive and then i can share it or ? I'm not the only one I have friends with the same issue and it even happens on the relic weopons as well when the set bonus is activated. If you have Xbox got to my profile in search gt xXDiesalXx and look at my videos and it's the one standing at strong hold dummies with no companion and sudden rings just to get a more accurate number with out debuffs/ buffs

I don't know how to post it directly can go to my videos on my xbox live profile xXDiesalXx and it's the video

dupeks said:

It's on my xbox live videos not sure how to share it with a link. Should i upload to one drive and then i can share it or ? I'm not the only one I have friends with the same issue and it even happens on the relic weopons as well when the set bonus is activated. If you have Xbox got to my profile in search gt xXDiesalXx and look at my videos and it's the one standing at strong hold dummies with no companion and sudden rings just to get a more accurate number with out debuffs/ buffs
    or send me your xbox live gt in a private message if you don't want to share it to public i can send you the video
  • muckingfuppetmuckingfuppet Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    I'm getting the exact same thing happen on my gwf too