test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning member, need a little guidance

shieldanvilshieldanvil Member Posts: 6 Arc User
So I'm just returning to the game after being gone for several months. My playstyle has changed a bit, or at least that's the way it feels to me. I'm trying to figure out what class to main now and seem to be stuck on my choice. So here's what I have right now....

So I have the following classes at lvl 70: TR, GWF, OP, DC, CW. I have a lvl 50 GF. (I am not against rolling a new character should the need arise).

What I'm looking for: I prefer ranged (Not HR. I deleted my HR because I couldn't get into the class), but can handle close up if need be. I'd like some survivability and I prefer to be a DPS. I'd like to be able to solo my dailies and do my quests without going all complete rage about it.

So what class would you recommend for me and why? (Also, if you have a link to a decent dps build, please provide it).

Comments

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    GWF would currently fill everything you ask for other than the ranged aspect - other than their dagger throw. They are an in-your-face dps that's quite tankey, solos well and tends to provide good damage in dungeons. However there are a ton of them out there so you would be one of many, and many of them are not very good.

For ranged, there is the CW which I'm actually rather enjoying - they have the option of DPS or buffer. A good CW can do massive amounts of damage in mob heavy dungeons. They are quite squishy but unless they get mobbed they can handle most daily quests fairly easily. I don't have much luck with melee on her though - I tend to zip backward and try to keep space between me and the enemies.

SW's also do a good amount of ranged damage- I would say they tend to be more single target. With the proper builds they can be either DPS, buffer or even healer. Again they are a bit squishy but on mine I can do most daily quests at the appropriate level on my own.

OP is my favorite class - They are tanky, can do damage if specced right and serve as either healer or tank. They have some AOE attacks but wouldn't count as ranged.

DC - Fits the bill on ranged, can do DPS, can be squishy - but unless you spec as straight DPS (making you less desirable in group content) you will have trouble soloing dailies

TR - if you go whisperknife you can build a ranged TR, if you master the dodge roll and stealth you can stay alive fairly well. Adding in Dualist flurry you can also do melee. My TR can solo dailies. HOWEVER the WK is considered a broken path that doesn't churn out the damage that the MI path does in the long run. We are all hoping this will be fixed in the promised TR re-work. As it is my WK was equal in damage to my MI friends until we all hit about 2700 IL, then they jumped ahead of me.

GF (since you already have on) is a good solo choice, strong, sturdy and with good DPS - however once again not ranged.

I know I didn't give you an answer but I hope this helps you decide which one sounds more up your alley.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    right now, basically any class expect paladin seems to have a high or fairly high dps version. If you want want ranged but not HR, I think you are asking SW vs CW unless you want to build a DPS DC...Both of these can be built for high DPS
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • shieldanvilshieldanvil Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thanks everyone. I decided to roll a SW. I already have a couple of items I can use for them, so now it's just pushing to 70 and getting the AD.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Thanks everyone. I decided to roll a SW. I already have a couple of items I can use for them, so now it's just pushing to 70 and getting the AD.

Go temptation build as you won't need a healer and you do very good damage as well.