test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

armor: relic vs dragonflight, soulforged vs negation

bluey22#7852 bluey22 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
im a 3.3 HB fury. i currently have dragonflight armor and a negation. is relic truly better? the grind is horrible and i will only keep it at teir 1. but i lose armor pen and a little crit if i switch. yes an artifact switch could work but the only good one comes from MSP.

my other question is do i keep my negation? i had a soulforged but i don't like the idea of coming back just go to right back down. my negation is at lesser so i understand it's problem. but is it worth it to level up?

i currently sit at 3rd in damage in MSVA (still upgrading weapons), so I'm doing something right. but gong into mod 11b (on xbox) i want to know where to go from here on my quest to 4k (or post update equivalent )

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    YMMV but right now is a very bad time to switch to relic armor, especially for PC but consoles eventually. Mod 12 is scheduled for the end of July and relic armor will be available for seals. More importantly, 'reagents' for its restoration will be as well. That probably means lanolin and you would be throwing a lot of AD and/or time away by restoring the armor now - even if you get a lucky drop for the piece.

If you did choose to restore pieces, at least vivify it as that will make it much better permanently.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    bluey22#7852 bluey22 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    so I'm hearing to just not go for relic, at least until mod 12. I'm trying to teach new warlocks how to play and stuff, and they keep bothering me about relic armor. being new 70s i say it's more practical to get dragonflight gear. but if relic is truly better for our class then I'm willing to lead the grind. i just don't want to waste their time with a horrible grind for nothing.
  • Options
    daccura#4102 daccura Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    > @pitshade said:
    > YMMV but right now is a very bad time to switch to relic armor, especially for PC but consoles eventually. Mod 12 is scheduled for the end of July and relic armor will be available for seals. More importantly, 'reagents' for its restoration will be as well. That probably means lanolin and you would be throwing a lot of AD and/or time away by restoring the armor now - even if you get a lucky drop for the piece.
    >
    > If you did choose to restore pieces, at least vivify it as that will make it much better permanently.

You are kidding right? This can't be. I litterly spent millions of AD because Lanolin farm is horrible.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10538713
    "It’s been almost a year since the introduction of relic armor; starting in Module 12 unrestored relic armor and restoration reagents will be available for purchase with seals of the protector."

Check it out yourself but for restoration agents, the most likely guess would include lanolin. We won't know until it hits Preview, but the safe bet is to avoid buying lanolin for AD at the moment. I recently restored some pieces, which kind of stings...
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother